TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Why is the Toyota Altis so cheap compared to other Toyotas.

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Why is the Toyota Altis so cheap compared to other Toyotas.

Postby Stephon. » September 15th, 2011, 10:09 am

Just wondering, I remember hearing about this vehicle all the time about being one of toyotas best vehicles. Most people I've spoken to said that the altis is even better than the corolla. Now I'm seeing altis vehicles being sold for less than corollas and still people aren't interested in buying them. What's the deal? Mechanical problems or..... What?

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Why is the Toyota Altis so cheap compared to other Toyot

Postby ramishrrr » September 15th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Nothing is wrong with the Altis.
This vehicle is the Thailand/Singapore edition of the 1600cc Corolla. The US and Venezuela have this version also.
The cars came from Singapore, and were sold cheaper on their market than the then current NZE Corollas were sold on the Japanese market. I cannot say why though.
Obviously then at the time, for our importers, to import the Altis was cheaper then the NZE, though the Altis carried more features, radio compatibility, and other benefits to the buyer. Generally it is more luxurious than the NZE. Unfortunately, Trinis believe that the more expensive something is the better it is, and it becomes more desirable. So who would want the cheaper Altis ?
While some may worry about parts availability, there are lots of similar parts from the NZE.
I have to reiterate, nothing is wrong with the car. Just ask taxi-drivers who use them.
Regards,
RR.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » September 16th, 2011, 7:30 am

Altis=better looking than NZE
Altis=better engine than NZE(3zz>1nz)

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » September 16th, 2011, 11:50 am

The Altis seems to have lost some local appeal if only because other than mechanical/service parts we have to source body and other finisher items out of Asia.
What has happened is that owners who suffer damages to body,lights and other finisher items and wanting quality OEM replacements are snagged for longer than usual as compared with what we like to refer to as the "NZE MOD."

searchingone
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby searchingone » September 23rd, 2011, 9:00 am

Up until what year is the Altis manufactured?

this model I'm referring to..

Silvafoxx
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Silvafoxx » September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Mine is 2006

Chemical
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Chemical » September 27th, 2011, 5:54 pm

^^Renewed the ins on my wife's NZE...the ins company (Guardian General) was very specific about the Corolla. If its an Altis.....no insurance with them anymore....mine is not an Altis.

GG told me the body parts are very difficult to get as they are from Singapore so most ins companies are declining them.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » October 6th, 2011, 2:54 pm

^^ I find only guardian general givin problems to insure vehicles , because maritime insured my altis , no questions asked...

I drove through bamboo today and lots of people have altis parts so ... I dunno how ppl say body parts hard to get , guardian general just want the easy way out because they didnt want to insure my rd5 because they say parts hard to get and maritime insured it in minutes ....

michealkaan
Riding on 13's

Postby michealkaan » October 7th, 2011, 1:14 pm

The Toyota Altis is so cheap compared to others Toyota's model because it's parts are very cheap compare to other model of Toyota and it's low maintenance is also make it cheap. It's parts are easily available on internet marketing.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » October 7th, 2011, 1:36 pm

I don't know why, but I find the Altis to be one of the better looking cars out there. Even comparing it to the new 2011 vechicles out now. Basic attractive car.

I thought their parts would have been more expensive than the other toyotas though, (NZE in particular)

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Details » October 13th, 2011, 5:52 am

cherrypopper wrote:^^ I find only guardian general givin problems to insure vehicles , because maritime insured my altis , no questions asked...

I drove through bamboo today and lots of people have altis parts so ... I dunno how ppl say body parts hard to get , guardian general just want the easy way out because they didnt want to insure my rd5 because they say parts hard to get and maritime insured it in minutes ....

it have an engine defect... not many ppl knw this
and the engine for this is well close to $15000 if i'm not mistaken...
i was doing some research on it recently as well and spoke wit some heads in ggil because i use to work there...

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » October 13th, 2011, 7:04 am

well what engine defect? and what this have to do with insurance?

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » October 13th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Details wrote:
cherrypopper wrote:^^ I find only guardian general givin problems to insure vehicles , because maritime insured my altis , no questions asked...

it has an engine defect... not many ppl knw this
and the engine for this is well close to $15000 if i'm not mistaken...
i was doing some research on it recently as well and spoke wit some heads in ggil because i use to work there...

What would this defect be? As far as I know, its the same 3zz engine used in the other 1.6 Corolla models of recent times

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » October 13th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Also, don't mean to hi-jack your thread but didn't wanna start a new one either. I have an Altis for 6 months, first owner locally. 1.6 3ZZ engine that I take very good care of, oils and filters changed on time, and what not. My friend has an NZE Corolla with the 1.5 NZE engine. His car is also well taken of. Just to make it clear, I know its wrong to speed and all that good stuff. Now I want info.

Just for fun, at a traffic light that we happened to be side by side at late one night, we decided to go for it. The Altis had a quicker pull off the line, but when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd, my friend's NZE took the lead. Is something wrong with my Altis?

A fellow tuner friend of mine said that the Altis has @ cat converters slowing it down. I was wondering if you guys could shed any light on this situation. Thanks guys

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » October 13th, 2011, 7:43 pm

^^ yours have the sport transmission.

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » October 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Yep, and it was activated.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » October 14th, 2011, 8:17 am

hmm, i used to have this same effect but i start using the over drive button more and timing the engine and used to top end pretty fast.....

nizzmo
Street 2NR

Postby nizzmo » November 3rd, 2011, 2:07 pm

Toyopet wrote:Also, don't mean to hi-jack your thread but didn't wanna start a new one either. I have an Altis for 6 months, first owner locally. 1.6 3ZZ engine that I take very good care of, oils and filters changed on time, and what not. My friend has an NZE Corolla with the 1.5 NZE engine. His car is also well taken of. Just to make it clear, I know its wrong to speed and all that good stuff. Now I want info.

Just for fun, at a traffic light that we happened to be side by side at late one night, we decided to go for it. The Altis had a quicker pull off the line, but when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd, my friend's NZE took the lead. Is something wrong with my Altis?

A fellow tuner friend of mine said that the Altis has @ cat converters slowing it down. I was wondering if you guys could shed any light on this situation. Thanks guys

how recent did you do a tune up?
i have my cat removed, using super right through, almost never use my ect and NO nze ketching me..

he probably pulled off with OD off.. not sure... this is strange to me... :lol:

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » January 5th, 2012, 11:37 am

nizzmo wrote:
Toyopet wrote:Also, don't mean to hi-jack your thread but didn't wanna start a new one either. I have an Altis for 6 months, first owner locally. 1.6 3ZZ engine that I take very good care of, oils and filters changed on time, and what not. My friend has an NZE Corolla with the 1.5 NZE engine. His car is also well taken of. Just to make it clear, I know its wrong to speed and all that good stuff. Now I want info.

how recent did you do a tune up?
i have my cat removed, using super right through, almost never use my ect and NO nze ketching me..

he probably pulled off with OD off.. not sure... this is strange to me... :lol:

I never did a tune up, just the regular oil and filters. I thinking about removing the cat and changing the plugs soon. How often those supposed to change? I didn't get a manual with mine

Skymera
Street 2NR

Postby Skymera » January 12th, 2012, 1:50 pm

because it working like sheit, parts hard to get and is a cheaper version than the NZE Quality...
it's a 1.6L engine and parts hard to get for that compare to the 1.5L VVTI NZE engines

wickedtrini
Street 2NR

Postby wickedtrini » January 13th, 2012, 12:42 pm

hmm.....had my altis lil over 2 years now. no problems at all. so far parts easy to find, same as the nze. IMO it all depends on how you take care of your vehicle cause no vehicle is indestructible.
That said, I dunno why ppl selling the altis so cheap.

Gts limited
Street 2NR

Postby Gts limited » February 3rd, 2012, 7:49 pm

altis are made in thailand with japanese parts for eg the engine

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » February 3rd, 2012, 8:33 pm

All the Navaras, Tritons, Vigos, Ford Everest, Nissan Marches, among a lot others are made In Thailand.

At present, Thailand belongs to the world's top ten producers of vehicles. Every year, it produces a total of 1.8 million vehicles and 800,000 units of which are exported to different countries all over the world.
RR.

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » February 3rd, 2012, 11:07 pm

Skymera wrote:because it working like sheit, parts hard to get and is a cheaper version than the NZE Quality...
it's a 1.6L engine and parts hard to get for that compare to the 1.5L VVTI NZE engines

What you people refer to as the NZE Corolla comes with two motor options. The 1.5 NZE and the 1.6 3ZZ which is the same engine in the Altis so therefore engine parts are available, even from TTTL,even plenty suspension parts available in TTTL also. And even though the nose and rear is different, parts easy to find up Bamboo.

As far as "working like sheit", I've owned both models and the work the same. Don't know 'bout your experience sorry

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » February 3rd, 2012, 11:47 pm

Toyopet,
You're quite right.
There are NZEs with both 1.5 1NZ-FE & 1.6 3ZZ-FE that were sold locally, and both work good.
There are those drivers with low compression engines who complain that their cars work"like sheit" with super gas.
It's in their heads, nothing less !
Regards,
RR.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 15th, 2012, 11:26 am

altis 3zz-fe must get licks from the local nze with 1nz-fe engine!!!

No rocket science there! Both engines have the same output ie. 80kw which is 107HP and the altis peak torque is 145nm vs 141 for nze. Nze's are lighter cars and don't carry the power steering drive belt so by the time 2nd into 3rd gear arrives, the nze is already pounding on the altis rear view mirrors straight to the top. I see a lot of altis driver's filling up with super instead of premium and not to mention they like big heavy rims after they throw away the stock 14's. Heck the updated 4A-FE engines in the lighter AE111 chassis will pong the 3zz-fe and 1nz-fe.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » February 16th, 2012, 9:42 am

Yeah boi, after coming from a AE92 to ah NZE the cross wind on d South highway does have meh drifting with d NZE alot. Never try to run nobody, just drive around ah 140 kmp average on d highway. the NZE does have a fast pull off!

Gts limited
Street 2NR

Postby Gts limited » April 7th, 2012, 9:07 am

NZE has the better transmission more modern built. Altis transmission is some 96 technology carried over from the 7afe engines :(

a245e altis
u340e NZe

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”