TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Joy, water outlet housing bolt broke off.

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Joy, water outlet housing bolt broke off.

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 19th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Okay so I was about to change my coolant (cuz I really dont agree with water in engine) as its a cheap one and got a good one to throw in. when unscrewing the thermostat housing the nut on the lower side came out with a piece of the bolt that holds the water inlet housing on to the water outlet housing. I'm seeing that the bolt should be changeable without having to buy a new water outlet housing altogether, some urgent assistance needed here.

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Re: Joy, water outlet housing bolt broke off.

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 21st, 2013, 9:52 am

Nobody eh have an extra water housing lying around self? wayz......

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 21st, 2013, 10:07 am

It turns out I need a new one anyways, the turbo lines were rusted to all hell. I called TTTL and they'll have to order it in and would take three weeks to a month :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't afford a month worth of downtime. I've yet to reach in the bamboo to look for it, I called one place and they have the water housing for the 5efhe, I'm hoping its the same. Any suggestions, resolutions to my problem will be appreciated.

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 21st, 2013, 8:46 pm

So no one eh? Its ok though, I've managed to carry d water housing by ä machine shop and rethread the place where the broken bolt was and going to use ä two inch quarter inch bolt in its place, This is short term remedy as the housing will take 6 weeks to get from TTTL. I would prefer ä 10mm bolt 2inches in length, Anyone know where I can get one?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 am

check Lo-Tec just off Orange Grove Rd in Tacarigua...they have all kinds of bolts and fasteners

640-4918

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 22nd, 2013, 9:42 pm

Thanks, Hook, I got a 10mm bolt 2 inches long, so in the morning bright and early I shall reassembled the water housing back on the block, one question tho. I noticed the rubber hoses used as the turbo water lines were steel braided hoses. Is it possible to use normal hoses in its place? or should I just clean the two hoses (as they have rust in it from the broken lines) was thinking of cloth braided hose as a replacement?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » January 22nd, 2013, 10:44 pm

I dunno meng. I wouldn't feel confident about replacing a factory steel braided line with an el cheapo cloth braided line. If they can't be cleaned satisfactorily, have them rebuilt properly.

Trinidad Hose on Mucurapo Rd. did a steel braided oil line for me when I relocated my oil pressure sensors. It came in really handy when I stripped an accessory belt at 8000rpm that would've easily sliced an inferior hose. Have them do your braided coolant hoses. 628-1954

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Re: Joy, water outlet housing bolt broke off. (Fixed)

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 23rd, 2013, 11:11 am

yeah I will do that but for now I used the normal hose just for temp sake to make sure the water is circulating and no seepage was seen. So far so good. I will definately go by them to make over the turbo water lines tmrw please God. I'm back up and running for now till I get the new water housing from TTTL. the 2 inch 10 bolt was just a tad too long so I used washers to compensate for the space.

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 23rd, 2013, 3:24 pm

I called Trinidad Hose and had a chat with them regarding an appropriate replacement for the turbo water lines. The guy who works there suggested silicone hoses but they do not have any. I made a few calls here and there and discovered that there are places selling such hoses however only in kits to the cheapest tune of just over $400.00TT :faint: Scrap that! so I looked online and found verocious motorsports and bought a 1ft 3/8" 1ply silicone hose for $2US :lol:

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » January 23rd, 2013, 3:58 pm

:lol: at the online prices, u couldn't get a bess deal on a steel braided one?

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 24th, 2013, 10:48 am

I went to Trinidad Hose this morning and I was told to get auto connectors and they will make up one for me, but the silicone hoses will suffice for now. They should be at my end by next week God's willing.

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » January 24th, 2013, 10:50 am

Sorry I meant to say automotive hose fittings.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”