TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Altis engine swap advice

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kaji
Riding on 13's

Altis engine swap advice

Postby Kaji » October 28th, 2013, 9:18 am

Good day,

I'm new to trinituner and new to the world of Toyota and I can do with a lot of help. My 3zz-fe engine blew and I'm considering my options and it seems as though the mechanic isn't that familiar with Toyota engines.

Trinituner is a pool of knowledge and I really need some good advice. When I call around I heard that the head and block is 15k, I think it's too much to spend on a lazy engine. I've done some reading and I was wondering if the 2zz-fe is available locally and how much does it go for?
If it does, would my transmission work on that engine?
What other engines would bolt on?
Would a 4age 20v conversion cost more than 15k?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

new gt
Street 2NR

Re: Altis engine swap advice

Postby new gt » October 28th, 2013, 10:06 am

pm sent

DjDaniel
Sweet on this forum

Postby DjDaniel » November 3rd, 2013, 10:21 pm

When you change engine the ECM have to be compatible with the new engine. I have heard men swapped with the 3zz with 1NZ but the power steering rack has to be converted to electronic.

Other than that, 4age might be a little cheaper not sure if is bolt for bolt though. 2zz-fe is the NZE engine and so yes the tranny might work with it as the altis and nze have similar components.

BTW: Go to a netter mechanic. If he dont know much bout Toyota engines, how will he do a good job?

scion I
3NE 2NR for life

Postby scion I » November 4th, 2013, 11:06 am

check the link and like up yuhself !!! last place i saw one was by autowreck!!!!

Any problems check Ramberrs pon the forum or them other TRD gurus!!!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=319406&hilit=2zz

Kaji
Riding on 13's

Postby Kaji » November 5th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Thanks a lot!

carnagecassidy
Street 2NR

Postby carnagecassidy » November 10th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Yes the 3zz is very expensive for a non performance engine because of the low local supply & demand factor, however it is d least headache especially if ur dealing wit a mechanic not versed with toyota. I've seen 1zzfe engines bolt on direct plug&play on altis & singapore nze's which share the identical engine bay contents.
1nzfe's & 2zzge's are predominantly of Japanese "JDM" origin.

Herein lies ur problem with a non toyota mechanic. He will not knw because of the fact that they are Japanese & ur altis is not. If u decide to go this way(1nzfe or 2zge), a head & block of the above variants will not suffice. You'll need a COMPLETE engine & Transission
with 1)engineharness 2)Ecu 3)enginemounts. You'll need a dashboard harness, instrument panel & gear shifter & centre console(if u want ur ac to function) from a japanese NZE, fielder or runx that came equipped with the same type engine u decide to use most come with 1nz fe's, you'll have to look around to fine ones that came with 2zz's autowreck almost always have available.
A front half is the best way to go, especially if ur going 2zz, it'll save u downtime & hunting for parts for the 2zz & will cost u cheaper when ur finished & calculate the total cost. Oh & one last thing for the 2zz, the oem altis exhaust piping will now restrict waste emissions, so you'll need to upgrade to 2 1/4" minimum but 2 1/2" is ideal.

I wouldn't advise the 4age, it's an older generation engine & the bolt up differs from zz engines, if u wanna find out specific details I can link u to guys who did a 4age on a altis. There are guys on tuner who now sell 4age complete for around 6500, in the bamboo they're go for around 10-12k (blacktop). However this would adversely affect your altis' value & resale.
Hope my 2 cents help I've owned toyota vehicles that came oem equipped with all of the above engines & also installed them in vehicles that didn't.
If u need further details on pricing & contacts etc, you can pm me or call I believe u got my number.
Good luck.
Cassidy

carnagecassidy
Street 2NR

Postby carnagecassidy » November 10th, 2013, 3:41 pm

[quote="DjDaniel"]When you change engine the ECM have to be compatible with the new engine. I have heard men swapped with the 3zz with 1NZ but the power steering rack has to be converted to electronic..
Not neccessarily.
There are 1nzfe's that came non electronic, i've seen them in the bamboo.

Kaji
Riding on 13's

Postby Kaji » November 11th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Thanks for the all the advice however, I'm going to rebuild the engine and repost for sale. I'm hoping to wreck the car by another mechanic tomorrow please God so hopefully, by next week plz God I'll repost the car for sale for 65k

Kaji
Riding on 13's

Postby Kaji » December 1st, 2013, 10:50 pm

Hey the car is up and working a head and block I was able to source... Will create another post with pics when I take them because I'm selling for 65k.
I must say thanks a lot to Sterlin... He is the go to guy for automotive services when you don't know anyone or just to busy to handle your business. Efficient service thank man, I appreciated all the help
Sterlin 773-4150

Jezille
Ricer

Postby Jezille » December 3rd, 2013, 6:52 pm

Anyone interested in 3zz engine with noisey tappets can buy it 4 parts I guess had a oil leak so I built it over changed bearings and stuff was told that the tappets can rejustable

CHINEE BOY1
Riding on 13's

Postby CHINEE BOY1 » December 3rd, 2014, 12:10 pm

Still hav it? Pm me plz or send your number

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”