TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Ac high side line hotter than usual

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

anthonemorris
Street 2NR

Ac high side line hotter than usual

Postby anthonemorris » June 24th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Have an ae91 corolla. Recently did some engine work and changed compressor as well. Found no leaks, vacuum pressures were good. Unfortunately I didn't know or was aware of at the time that when such is done it is advisable to change the dryer as well and check expansion valves etc. Now my ac blows cold yes but after a while heats up (I'm guessing a clogged or faulty expansion valve) and the high side line gets extremely hot and can burn skin. This over time in traffic causes my compressor to go to a default stop when it overheats and my ac cuts out. So can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? Also is there anywhere that I can go that reuses the refrigerant from the vehicle so I won't have to waste $$ on gas again.
Last edited by anthonemorris on June 25th, 2014, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

anthonemorris
Street 2NR

Re: Ac high side line hotter than usual

Postby anthonemorris » June 25th, 2014, 6:11 am

Did some googling and found that cleaning the condenser helps to reduce high side pressures and temperatures. Tried it last night but have no guages to check but ac blew colder. Hope it lasts the day for testing purposes at least.

King Kool
3NE 2NR for life

Postby King Kool » June 25th, 2014, 7:49 am

Your a/c is overheating. The design of the system may be outdated to work with the materials used at this time.

anthonemorris
Street 2NR

Postby anthonemorris » June 25th, 2014, 8:02 am

King Kool wrote:Your a/c is overheating. The design of the system may be outdated to work with the materials used at this time.

wouldn't say that it's outdated as the previous compressor blew cold but only when the car was moving and was diagnosed as being weak and on its way out. i know it is overheating (compressor boils water if poured on it) and am looking for a way to either cool it temporarily or eliminate the problem totally. from what i gather i know i will have to evacuate the entire system to check and replace if necessary all valves and to replace dryer, etc. what i'm trying to find out is if anyone still reuses the refrigerant ( i know bottles now are being made as single use with a one way valve) and has a way of saving it instead of venting and having to use new refrigerant as it is costly to refill. and as far as materials (im guessing u mean the types of refrigerant r12 and r134a) my system can use both and properly function.

anthonemorris
Street 2NR

Postby anthonemorris » June 25th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » June 26th, 2014, 4:34 am

Some of the more expensive firms have a unit that collects the evacuated refrigerant from your car's system. The idea is to prevent the destruction of the ozone layer etc. But to recover the gas for re-use, I cannot say.
The side-of-the-road guys just let it go into the stratosphere !
Regards,
RR.

anthonemorris
Street 2NR

Postby anthonemorris » August 21st, 2014, 5:50 pm

So far no luck in finding a place to do what I want as yet. Heard of a place up MC bean but have no number or directions. Can anyone help me out?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 21st, 2014, 6:46 pm

I think if there is not enough oil in the compressor u may get that problem...

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”