TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

GDI fuel pump issue

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 30th, 2009, 9:35 pm

what settings? he fooling you guys

i changed my pump once when the car was stuttering an i thought it was the pump that was bad............i changed it myself eh an i not no mech just unbolt an instal.....well to be honest i do everything myself on that engine i trust no mech with it

it did have to tumble a little longer than usual....cause the pump was pulling fuel for the first time so pressure was not up

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I kinda figured he was trying to take my mom's for some extra cash, i just wanted to be sure, but i saw this guys post (below) i know it is for the 4G94 but i was wondering if that was the settings which the mech was talking about,

Rah wrote:Guys i no longer have my Galant but i had similar problems with mine and the fix was simple. The 4g94 has an adjustment screw on the regulator. This allows you to turn up and down the Fuel pressure, when it goes below the necessary level you can simply turn it up. There is an electrician in South called Jason that showed me how, all you need is the correct head for the screw, luckily my socket set had it and i was able to adjust.
If i remember correctly the correct setting for the 4g94 is 5.0.-5.5 MPA so if you get someone to scan it you can adjust it to suit. You can scan it then turn off the engine, adjust the dial then scan again till within range.

The 4G94 has alot of adjustment but basically if you reach max and the pressure is still out of spec......you need to clean the pump or get a new one. However it should work for most as the adjustment is so large. In fact i have even adjusted it without a scanner, i checked the number of revolutions it took before it maxed out so i could gauge at what level it was, then i adjusted the dial in half revolutions till the car idled well. Then left it, and when i checked it by an electrician it was within spec.........however i am not recommending that method.

PS to see the dial properly you should remove the air box etc for the air intake, my car had a K&N short ram so it was easy for me.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 30th, 2009, 9:48 pm

yeah thats because he was re-tuning his pump which is what u need to try first. I did not need to scan to see if my pump working cause the pumps are good. I sent him to that mech........i learned alot from watching Jason work

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 9:55 pm

i see Jason is from south i am from south also , where is he located, if u trust him then i would be happy to have him take a look at my stuff, i honestly do not have a mech, i tinker with small thinks that just require nut and bolt assemblies and well thats it never had to do anything more,

so if i can get an idea of his location then i think i advise my mom`s take my car to him and let him do his magic, my mom's would be happy,

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 30th, 2009, 9:59 pm

he lives in the street next to the Santa Flora petrotrin main office

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 10:06 pm

wow thats deep south, i from penal :shock: , but if he know how to repair them i guess i can remove it and take it to him if all else fails, a few ppl have come forward and i might be getting one to buy, but i will still try repairing my existing one, as a present for who ever buys the car.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 30th, 2009, 10:08 pm

so u saying penal is not deep south..........penal is only 15-25 mins drive from Santa Flora :? :?

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 10:16 pm

really ......

i guess you are one of those ppl that doh stop to patronise all the fine road side establishments along the way, it usually takes me at least an hr to get their.

but on a more serious note thanks vey much for the info i will look him up

Anil_Sooknanan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Anil_Sooknanan » October 6th, 2009, 9:18 pm

i getting 0.7- 1.2 MPA so i know one of the pumps screwing up. what tricks can i use to know which one? more feel like the high pressure one.

jrgongtt
Riding on 13's

Re: GDI fuel pump issue

Postby jrgongtt » February 12th, 2013, 9:49 pm

I am having the same problem with my 4G15 GDI
turns out that the gas tank was dirty/corroded. The High pressure pump is very sensitive.
any impurity will cause it to give problems.

Had to clean the gas tank, the pump in the gas tank, flush the line, clean the injectors and rails.

a lot of work.

hoping that someone will learn to service those pumps because they are a pain.

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » March 25th, 2013, 11:27 am

does anyone have a number for new age auto in bamboo #1 ?

Bobby~d
Street 2NR

Postby Bobby~d » March 25th, 2013, 11:48 am

Really great info in this thread

Autodoctor86
Riding on 13's

Re: LANCER GDI 4g15 DTC CODE P1221 SAYING TAC motor feedback

Postby Autodoctor86 » July 22nd, 2013, 2:11 pm

does anyone know how to fix this, TPS SENSOR REPLACED, THROTTLE ACTUATOR REPLACED, PEDAL POSITION SENSOR REPLACED, BUT p1221 still comes up on the scan tool, car does not start, engine turns but will not stay on, what should i do?

teddycool
Riding on 13's

Postby teddycool » February 16th, 2014, 11:01 am

Can you do this adjustment on the pump for the 4G15. could you post a pic of the tool used to make this adjustment.

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Re: LANCER GDI 4g15 DTC CODE P1221 SAYING TAC motor feedback

Postby Sanctifier » February 16th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Autodoctor86 wrote:does anyone know how to fix this, TPS SENSOR REPLACED, THROTTLE ACTUATOR REPLACED, PEDAL POSITION SENSOR REPLACED, BUT p1221 still comes up on the scan tool, car does not start, engine turns but will not stay on, what should i do?

This might help...
2moro @ Mitsubishi Forums wrote:Jul 27 2006: Hi, My Mit Carisma (Equippe, GDI, 1834cc, 2001, Auto) was running fine until last Sunday when this problem cropped up. I was trying to reverse the car over a pot-hole and suddenly the throttle response went off and the engine went to high revs. The diagnostic icon in the dash started flashing. The RAC man hooked it up to his computer but couldn't identify a fault code. He wrote in his report that this is an ECU fault. My mechanic had a thorough look and feels it is an ECU problem as well though again he hasn't been able to identify the exact problem. He says that 2 cylinders are not getting enough oil. This has put me into a very difficult position and I am hoping that someone in this forum is able to help. Any explanantion/suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks...

Aug 4 2006: Finally got the car checked with the local dealer. A MUTT II identified a fault. The code is P1221 ETV MTR FB. They say that the throttle body needs to be changed and the total cost is going to be around £1200. Another fault that they identified was to do with the immobiliser, this they felt was incidental, probably related to the alarm system that was fitted. This code did not come up the 2nd time he tested.

On checking the internet about the OBD codes, I realise that this code actually pertains to pedal position sensor 2 range/performance problem (webpage: E46 fanatics, forum). This would fit in with my problem and the way it happened...

Aug 18 2006: The problem has finally been sorted. The dealer fault code was right. The throttle body has been changed and the car is running fine now. A new throttle body costs around £1000 with the dealer. If you search around you'll find a perfectly fine 2nd hand throttle body for about £200. As far as the problem with brakes are concerned, I think it was the ABS and this got sorted by itself...

His $0.02¢

optimusprime
Riding on 13's

Postby optimusprime » November 30th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Hi guys i know this is some year late on this post but for those who are still experiencing the problem with the fuel regulator please don replace it I do the repairs contact me at 3374663.

I repeat do to replace the entire pump and adjusting the screw is hazardous to ur engine.

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » December 1st, 2014, 9:15 pm

Did you remove the strainer / filter on the fuel line?

damean siu
Riding on 13's

Postby damean siu » September 17th, 2015, 9:17 pm

does anyone recently have similar problems an got it fix please message me a name an number of mechanic thanks or whats app me at 3770462

deivid
3NE 2NR for life

Postby deivid » September 30th, 2015, 10:34 pm

what prob ya talking bout damean

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”