TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

4G18 ECU Diagram?

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

T7performance
Ricer

Postby T7performance » September 21st, 2007, 4:19 pm

fras, you doing the wiring yourself ?

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » September 23rd, 2007, 3:11 am

Ah wish

hellrace
Riding on 13's

Postby hellrace » December 21st, 2007, 11:01 am

fras wrote:Downloading

am looking for the wiring diagram too for my E manage Ultimate. Can i know where to get it?

apis
Riding on 13's

Postby apis » October 13th, 2008, 4:45 am

guys can u update on this??

anthonyanthony
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby anthonyanthony » October 13th, 2008, 5:27 pm

Which 4g18 you have? mine is a local cs3.
if you hooking up a air/fuel gauge you will need to tap the O2 sensor, but the local
cs3 (mine) do not have an oxygen sensor.
A couple of persons from this site sent me a link for the service manual about 3 weeks ago, could not say say thanks since i was down with 'dengue like' symptons So now i say thanks.
back to the topic, after looking at the manual their are some cs3 with O2 sensors
and some like mine without.
so if you do not have this sensor , hard luck, buy an oil pressure and voltage gauge
like i did , if you do have the sensor then best of luck installing.

if their is a way to install gauge without this sensor then tell me.

blazing
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby blazing » October 13th, 2008, 7:51 pm

anthonyanthony wrote:the local
cs3 (mine) do not have an oxygen sensor.

I highly doubt that you dont have an O2 as it is needed on FI engines.

The wire is easy, just use a multimeter and trace it back to the ecu.

Also, cars without O2, standard carburator engines, can install an o2 on the exhaust.

anthonyanthony
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby anthonyanthony » October 14th, 2008, 3:19 pm

blazing, i agree with you, but believe me i checked, in my ck4 it was right on the exhaust manifold so the wire could be easily tapped but in my cs3 their is no such thing like that.In de service manual their is a picutre of it where it is located in the "centre exhaust pipe section over the heat protector".
i did not actually go under my car , but looked under my car and saw no sign of such sensor , also from the engine bay i saw no wire or cable leading to this location .

initally when i bought the car and wanted to install an a/f meter i put a post about this and a number of people told me that the local cs3 do not come with one, i asked the question well then how the cpu will know if the engine is rich or lean.
after a while i accepted that the local do not have one as my response to fras but for other people with local cs3 please confirm this does it have an o2 or not.

apis
Riding on 13's

Postby apis » October 15th, 2008, 10:24 pm

the air/ fuel sensor is at the injector. Wat I'm looking for is the wire that controls the air pressure connected to the ecu. So I can tap it and use safc to adjust the settings

apis
Riding on 13's

Postby apis » October 17th, 2008, 10:45 pm

anybody knows where or wat color this wire is?

dollarwize
Riding on 13's

Postby dollarwize » January 7th, 2009, 10:55 pm

if im not mistaken, the O2 sensor you're looking for is under the car and a lil after the steering rack. It's inserted into the exhaust pipe and the wires run through the body of the car. Its a 4 wire sensor.

It's a lot easier to access if the car is on a ramp.

Float
Ricer

Re:

Postby Float » April 28th, 2015, 11:58 pm

anthonyanthony wrote:blazing, i agree with you, but believe me i checked, in my ck4 it was right on the exhaust manifold so the wire could be easily tapped but in my cs3 their is no such thing like that.In de service manual their is a picutre of it where it is located in the "centre exhaust pipe section over the heat protector".
i did not actually go under my car , but looked under my car and saw no sign of such sensor , also from the engine bay i saw no wire or cable leading to this location .

initally when i bought the car and wanted to install an a/f meter i put a post about this and a number of people told me that the local cs3 do not come with one, i asked the question well then how the cpu will know if the engine is rich or lean.
after a while i accepted that the local do not have one as my response to fras but for other people with local cs3 please confirm this does it have an o2 or not.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”