TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

EVO X - PCJ 110 build - UPDATE OCT 24 2010

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 12th, 2010, 9:33 am

honda hoe, you saw me on the rivulet before.....but i was in my ck :twisted: :twisted:

i does see you by che kong though.......2 mins walk from my house

honda hoe, looking forward to meeting you on the rivulet again, this time is 2.0T not 1.6N/A

bluesteel29
Shifting into 6th

Postby bluesteel29 » January 17th, 2010, 7:06 am

:shock: :shock:
congrants on this epic build.....saw it on the highway....this machine really does look demonic when it runs up on you :o

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » January 23rd, 2010, 12:59 am

Kronik wrote:i see, mine was around 3500kms (just to be safe). that mileage will go on real fast, less than a week.

what was the procedure they gave you, besides the oil change? like with the rpms and stuff.

btw, you have a magnetic oil drain plug right? it a lot better to have one when breaking in a engine, you would swear someone sharpen a cutlass in your enigne when you see it :lol:

basically their procedure is to run the motor in for nothing less than 1000kms. Do not cross 4000rpm with no more that 10lbs of boost. I will go to about 1500kms with even less boost and probably more frequent oil changes.

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » January 23rd, 2010, 1:01 am

bluesteel29 wrote::shock: :shock:
congrants on this epic build.....saw it on the highway....this machine really does look demonic when it runs up on you :o

thank you. in the process of doing some small CF additions as well.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » January 23rd, 2010, 10:42 am

^^ Dude.. when are you putting up more pix ? I cyah handle reading and not seeing progress shots :lol: :lol:

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » January 24th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Picasso wrote:^^ Dude.. when are you putting up more pix ? I cyah handle reading and not seeing progress shots :lol: :lol:

New pics coming up this week.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » February 3rd, 2010, 3:59 pm

* sigh * pics :cry:

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » February 7th, 2010, 10:23 pm

UPDATE FEB 7 2010:

Firstly everyone...sorry about the lack of updates...

As posted on this forum, a completely new motor (JUN 2.3 stroker) and head (Cosworth) was installed during this build. The EVO X as being such a new car, new model, new engine etc, many people around the world are learning from our build. Not only is there a new motor and head,but also more aggressive cams, turbo, and many many other upgrades have been done. This build is still in progress and we're into it about 10 months. We basically upgraded everything that could have been in keeping it a very enjoyable, driveable but viscious car.

Along the process we have run into no major problems but a couple small glitches. I understand from international sources that currently there are only about 5 other evo x's worldwide that went to the level I did. All of them are specifically built for racing. It is very possible that Trinidad has the only X with this level of setup as a pure street car. In this last phase, even COSWORTH, one of the most renowned engine builders in the world got into a bit of a jam with us. Cosworth was surprised and shocked to say the least that this car was in Trinidad. We felt extremely proud about that fact. There was a speedy resolution between Cosworth and myself.

All in all we are definitely in the final few stages until completion. We are fine tuning the build. I want to try cosworth cams with the cosworth head on the dyno. Currently I'm running kelford 272 which I need to dyno and test before swapping the Cosworth ones. THis would also apply to other areas as well (such as the turbo setup) to find the absolute perfect street / time attack evo X period.

Everyone around this build certainly gained valuable knowledge about their craft as this EVO is definitely an EVOLUTION on the model.There is so much to this car that expected. In my opinion, this would not be apparent with the stock car.

PCJ110 will be on the road late this month...and Im becoming more and more anxious. It would
still be in the break in process and I anticipate final tune should not happen after March this year.

Finally at this juncture I must say that I have enjoyed the process. I do not regret any part of this build. Also at this point I would like to thank ALL at Trinituner for the opportunity to share our experiences. I certainly enjoy reading and replying to this forum and thread. Thank you to all who show interest. Keep the posts coming. I may sometimes take time to reply, but I will reply.

There certainly would be more to come in the near future. Along with finding the ultimate combination to work with the new motor and head, there are new CF additions and possibly a new bonnet and enhanced visual paint scheme.

STAY TUNED TUNERS!!
Last edited by DTERLTD on February 14th, 2010, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Langdon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Langdon » February 8th, 2010, 12:17 am

very nice, keep at it buddy

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » February 8th, 2010, 3:35 pm

:shock:

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 8th, 2010, 10:20 pm

lol

I saw this car cross crossing one sat while I was collecting some tires, actually waited for the light to change just to listen to the exhaust notes of this car before and got so lost in it the damn 22.5 11r tire fell on my foot.

Worth it though lol

Bacon
Riding on 17's

Postby Bacon » February 9th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Keep up the good work.....Epic Build....

Cah wait for the new shots........

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » February 14th, 2010, 3:46 am

thanks guys...

will keep you all posted.

Bacon
Riding on 17's

Postby Bacon » February 21st, 2010, 6:07 pm

Thought of you when I saw thisone this week.......But he cah compare......

Damn Range spil the fun :? :? :?

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » February 22nd, 2010, 5:50 pm

* sigh * I want money to blow :cry:

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » February 22nd, 2010, 7:04 pm

Bacon, That one looks like his.....like he gone international now :shock:

AYE_SOLDIER
Shifting into 6th

Postby AYE_SOLDIER » February 23rd, 2010, 10:19 am

Picasso wrote:* sigh * I want money to blow :cry:

*sigh* it would be nice

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » March 2nd, 2010, 11:24 pm

guys the car should be on the road by the weekend. Did some more stuff...mostly cosmetic...will have an update and photos uploaded during the weekend.

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » March 3rd, 2010, 6:47 pm

you taking it to Grenada???

josh.dookie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby josh.dookie » March 4th, 2010, 3:04 pm

dis is epic, amazing man.. Really nice, keep it up man!

snowman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby snowman » March 7th, 2010, 8:48 pm

PICS PICS

*scratches arm like an addict*

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » March 8th, 2010, 5:08 pm

If you all see the carbon fiber trunk and bonnet!!! :shock: :|

Saw the beast a little while ago :shock: :shock:

Excellent work DTERLTD.

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » March 9th, 2010, 7:16 am

i...

cya...

wait....

:faint:

Triniwondaboy
Street 2NR

Postby Triniwondaboy » March 9th, 2010, 12:13 pm

Lost track of this build somewhere around pg4 but took all morning catching up. Great work, hoping to see it in person sometime.

I'm a firm believer of learning from other ppls "mistakes" though. I'm getting an Evo X from Japan with 12,000km on it. Not really into the looks but I am into the performance. So I have a couple questions.

I take it with the amount of money you are spending you bought yours locally?
Mine is coming with the SST gearbox and from what I read with regards to the FQ models in the UK it can't take too much power so upgrades for power will be minimal until I decide if I am keeping it or not. I take it you are running a full manual?
Any reason you went with the hipermax iii and not the sport?

After reading your posts I will definitly look into switching from the HKS exhaust. Not too sure I want to go 19s for wheels with the rubbing and damage issues. Have you had any other than the liner rub you mentioned?

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » March 9th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Triniwondaboy,

what made u decide against the IX?

White CZ4A
30 pounds of Boost

Postby White CZ4A » March 9th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Triniwondaboy wrote:Lost track of this build somewhere around pg4 but took all morning catching up. Great work, hoping to see it in person sometime.

I'm a firm believer of learning from other ppls "mistakes" though. I'm getting an Evo X from Japan with 12,000km on it. Not really into the looks but I am into the performance. So I have a couple questions.

Mine is coming with the SST gearbox and from what I read with regards to the FQ models in the UK it can't take too much power so upgrades for power will be minimal until I decide if I am keeping it or not. I take it you are running a full manual?

After reading your posts I will definitly look into switching from the HKS exhaust. Not too sure I want to go 19s for wheels with the rubbing and damage issues. Have you had any other than the liner rub you mentioned?

I had an evo X w/ SST.
nice car but from what I read, over 350tq you'll experience the transmission slipping, like you said.

DTER is running a manual..so he is fine

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » March 9th, 2010, 10:34 pm

geodude wrote:you taking it to Grenada???

No Grenada. :(

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » March 9th, 2010, 10:38 pm

snowman wrote:PICS PICS

*scratches arm like an addict*

Snowman too funny.

ALL TUNERS: Really apologise to all tuners for not posting more pics up as I promised, but I've been away for some time and recently got back. It's been very hectic, nevertheless photos coming up soon and I promise it will be worth the wait.

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » March 9th, 2010, 10:40 pm

trvs wrote:If you all see the carbon fiber trunk and bonnet!!! :shock: :|

Saw the beast a little while ago :shock: :shock:

Excellent work DTERLTD.

I've got the CF trunk but not the bonnet. Waiting on a particular one to be released then I will get that one. Must admit that I didn't expect the trunk to look that good. :lol:

DTERLTD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DTERLTD » March 9th, 2010, 10:58 pm

Triniwondaboy wrote:Lost track of this build somewhere around pg4 but took all morning catching up. Great work, hoping to see it in person sometime.

yea you're right about the SST. Got to be mindful about the power creation. Full manual for me. The HKS I chose is more suited for street but still gives you the ability to make adjustments for the track, or more precise handling. The HKS sport is strictly designed for track. You can get info on both types from the link below.:
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/hks- ... 57846.html

As far as the wheels go, once you've got the correct setup in terms of width and offset, you'll have no issues. Just yesterday I had my wife, and 2 kids in the back seat. Putting on some KMS for the engine run in procedure we went all the way from San F'do to Grand Bazzar and back. No touching, rubbing, cutting tires or rolling fenders. Proper fitment is the key. No compromises with my build at least.

Would be glad to help. Just post your questions on my thread.
Last edited by DTERLTD on March 16th, 2010, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”