TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

4G18 sohc to dohc

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 4G18 sohc to dohc

Postby Ronaldo95163 » January 3rd, 2015, 1:22 am

How did this work out???

Float
Ricer

Re: 4G18 sohc to dohc

Postby Float » December 20th, 2015, 10:03 pm

I have done this project in my cs3 2005 lancer(local). I am currently experiencing engine knock (spark knock) checked timing three times,I know i have increased compression so changed spark plugs to proper heat rated ones ( bk5re)the previous ones where from a GDI engine (double tip)and were white so I know the engine is burning lean. I own a scan tool (Launch c reader 7 plus),long term fuel trim 12.6 percent short term fuel trim approx.8 percent, to me this is good air fuel ratio mixture.i also tried bigger cc injectors 210 cc, i saw the the rich mixture on can tool short term fuel trim was 19 percent the ecu u was compensating for the bigger injectors to get back the long term fuel ratio to 12.6 percent despite this it still knocked ,after this I reinstalled my injectors and things were back to normal except knock so i am going to custom make a EGR pipe to the intake and exhaust because the ck2a dohc head does not have exhaust port in head to go to cs intake manifold EGR valve so it has to be done externally. I am doing this because I cannot remap my ecu to delete the EGR. In essence I think the absence of the EGR is causing the lean mixture hence the knock.Anyone who dis agrees please comment need the knock to stop and it happens when the engine is warm or going up hill.posting.php?mode=reply&f=33&t=265061&sid=3ff3be4b5c4586b564d5f80dd8975bd9#

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”