TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

GDI Fuel Pump

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: GDI Fuel Pump

Postby rollingstock » March 1st, 2011, 11:24 pm

I got one for an Audi from Central Auto Supplies in chag, works great. Can't remember what brand.
But that was the old car, i drive a gdi daily now only oem filter used.

But this shouldn't be a problem sourcing, most reputable parts dealers would be able to recommend one.

stillmatic
Street 2NR

Postby stillmatic » April 3rd, 2011, 3:46 am

hey guys i have a galant ......... yesterday it just started giving trouble to start,sputtering and if revved wont pass 3000rpm my engine was also giving me a knocking sound so i guess its time for a head and block but i wanna find a mech who is familiar with these engines so i can fix all my probs in shot ......oh xtech wat u have head & block

squinty_eye
Ricer

Postby squinty_eye » July 12th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Need to get one for a 4g93 GDI Galant engine, does anyone know where I can find one or two just for spare. Bamboo prices seem to be subject to what you wear and how you look. Skullmen !!!

Spoke to Dadio 684-2388 and he indicated about $8000 for a new one from Japan.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » July 13th, 2011, 8:49 am

stillmatic wrote:hey guys i have a galant ......... yesterday it just started giving trouble to start,sputtering and if revved wont pass 3000rpm my engine was also giving me a knocking sound so i guess its time for a head and block but i wanna find a mech who is familiar with these engines so i can fix all my probs in shot ......oh xtech wat u have head & block

did this happen just after filling gas?
why I ask is that once with my gdi galant I filled up and was cruising normally along the manzan stretch on my way to Mayaro. however I needed to "press out" but was met with loss of power and backfiring sounds from the motor.....turned out to be that batch of gas that I got because it never occured when I re-filled......I just used out that bad batch, topping up whenever I could so as to add better fuel to the tankful....

squinty_eye
Ricer

Postby squinty_eye » July 15th, 2011, 6:26 am

Anyone have the link to Sanctifier's method to service and clean the fuel pump

singchef15
Ricer

Postby singchef15 » September 5th, 2011, 4:05 pm

From reading all the comments, I can assume that you guys really love your GDI engine and by and large have no problems with them (major problems that is). I need one to replace my 4G93 carborater engine from my space wagon but my mechanic is advising me against it.

ursahmad
Riding on 13's

Postby ursahmad » April 11th, 2014, 4:41 pm

hi guys plz i need some help... i just bought a mitsubishi galant gdi 1.8 model year 1999,i have changed all the lubricants and got the throttle body,fuel pump also serviced but i'm facing a problem that when i put the car in P or N the idle first seems gud but after a while it shakes a little bit.like wise when i put the car in D or R it continuously shakes like the rpm goes up and down from 1000 to 800 then again and again specially with air con,and also the brakes start to fail when i drive it slowly in the rushing traffic jam, i've also got my car checked with the computer from the main dealership and all the things are fine without any faults ... plz plz guys help me out and advice me wht to do...

davidAlewis
Ricer

Postby davidAlewis » April 11th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Wish I read dis post b4 changing my engine.....:x

davidAlewis
Ricer

Postby davidAlewis » April 11th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Put in a sr20...biggest mistake I ever made, car got real lazy now

Nirkel
Riding on 13's

Postby Nirkel » May 7th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Hi! I'm having similar problems with my GDI (Carisma 1.8, 1997): with warm engne it chokes on high speeds (jerks when I press the gas) and keeps dying in idle. Anyway long story short: something is beaking the fuel pressure sensor (not a mechanic and writing in foreign language here so forgive me if I get something mixed up) and I need to know what it might be. After changing this sensor I can drive about 300 km without problems and then it slowly progresses again. If you have any ideas what might cause the trouble, please answer. I love this car and my mechanic probably drives me broke before he finds anything.

For detailed information: at first I thought it was broken fuel pump (not the high pressure one) so I had it changed but the mechanic was an idiot and used too powerful one. So the car still jerked, flashed engine light and had clicking noises in my dashboard. Diagnostics said it was low fuel pressure. So my new mechanic changed the high pressure pump, the other pump and the fuel pressure sensor. Got to drive about 300 km and then the troubles started again. Diagnostics said it was low pressure again but mechanics didn't find anything else wrong besides the faulty fuel pressure sensor. After changing it got to drive about 300 km and now I'm having the same trouble again. In diagnostics they observed the changes in fuel pressure. For a while it was ok and then dropped to zero if I didn't press gas. If I did, it was ok for few seconds and then again zero. After reigniting it was ok for some time and then again zero. The warmer the engine the worse it gets. So my logic says that something f**ks up the sensor. Could it be the thing that clicked in my dashboard? Or something else that got broken with the first mechanics mistake? The first time I had trouble it progressed slowly over months and thousands of km. After the wrong pump it takes 300 km.

dtdeg
Riding on 13's

Postby dtdeg » September 7th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Nirkel wrote:Hi! I'm having similar problems with my GDI (Carisma 1.8, 1997): with warm engne it chokes on high speeds (jerks when I press the gas) and keeps dying in idle. Anyway long story short: something is beaking the fuel pressure sensor (not a mechanic and writing in foreign language here so forgive me if I get something mixed up) and I need to know what it might be. After changing this sensor I can drive about 300 km without problems and then it slowly progresses again. If you have any ideas what might cause the trouble, please answer. I love this car and my mechanic probably drives me broke before he finds anything.

For detailed information: at first I thought it was broken fuel pump (not the high pressure one) so I had it changed but the mechanic was an idiot and used too powerful one. So the car still jerked, flashed engine light and had clicking noises in my dashboard. Diagnostics said it was low fuel pressure. So my new mechanic changed the high pressure pump, the other pump and the fuel pressure sensor. Got to drive about 300 km and then the troubles started again. Diagnostics said it was low pressure again but mechanics didn't find anything else wrong besides the faulty fuel pressure sensor. After changing it got to drive about 300 km and now I'm having the same trouble again. In diagnostics they observed the changes in fuel pressure. For a while it was ok and then dropped to zero if I didn't press gas. If I did, it was ok for few seconds and then again zero. After reigniting it was ok for some time and then again zero. The warmer the engine the worse it gets. So my logic says that something f**ks up the sensor. Could it be the thing that clicked in my dashboard? Or something else that got broken with the first mechanics mistake? The first time I had trouble it progressed slowly over months and thousands of km. After the wrong pump it takes 300 km.

any progress on this ?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”