TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

o2 sensor

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

o2 sensor

Postby nissan4life » February 7th, 2012, 1:02 pm

can anyone say how many oxygen sensors are on the 2002 lancer
im get a check engine light and the code is stating it the catalytic temperature sensor
have already changed the one on the front of the car,by exhaust manifold,but the damn light still on.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Re: o2 sensor

Postby idlemind » February 7th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Theres another O2 sensor below the car on the exhaust.
I assume you have a GDI engine correct?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 8th, 2012, 10:01 am

yes idlemind i do
kinda new to the lancer experience and a smart man sold me his car, to only realize in the first day of driving the service light came on.
I got it scanned and its showing me the downstream sensor at a constant signal,so the mechanic told me the second o2 sensor needs to be changed .
do you know where exactly is this located?on the exhaust pipe or just below the engine?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 8th, 2012, 10:35 am

It's about right below the firewall. After the flang on the exhaust.
You can't miss the wires screwing into your exhaust piping really.
I suggest you take it out and carry it with you to find a replacement.
You may have to cut the wires. But try not to if you can avoid it.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 8th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Thanks alot man,will look into dis afternoon and keep u posted
knowledge really is power.....

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 8th, 2012, 7:36 pm

idlemind just got out below the car,there is no wires running below the car,which i found strange,looked like the previous owner removed the catalytic convertor and that is why the check light keeps coming on.
What i did find though was a small piece of rubber like a seal below the car,followed it back to inside the car rite where the console for your left foot on the ground is and found a 2 pin white connector not plugged onto anything.
from my assumption the idiot must have of ripped it out from below the car
Can you tell me if this second sensor is a 2pin?
Seeing you have much more experience than i do can u say how am i going about fixing this?do i get the sensor and try to somehow get it into the exhaust or is there a way of bridging the connection so the ecu thinks its working properly?
images are attached,any help would be greatly appreicated
Attachments
IMG00035.JPG
IMG00033.JPG
IMG00031.JPG
IMG00030.JPG

raybic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby raybic » February 8th, 2012, 9:33 pm

bro i getting the same code is it p0425? i have a gdi also and i have the sensor right after the cat. the sensor u looking to buy is one with 4 wires, 2heater wires 1 ground and 1 signal. i been trying for months now to solve this problem. i changed the one in front no luck , i even disconnected the one that is underneath nothin, swapped it with a new one same thing. nice picts though was lookin to find out where that wire goes. u can buy the NTK brand its bout 350 but a good brand think denso makes them . u cant bridge a connection there becuase the signal wire is what sends a 0.00-0.9 volts . read up on o2 sensors ull understand,. i had on my cat and i got the error code and then i removed my cat and still get the error code. lemme know what u doing from here u can me pm if u want to know anything else.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 9th, 2012, 8:31 am

thats the exact code im getting,i too have also changed the o2 on the exhaust in the front and believed that i had to change the one in the back to solve this problem,only to realise there is nothing there,i want to believe the 2pin connector would have led to the space on the body of the car and connected to the o2 sensor that was suppose to be below the car on the cat.
But you are telling me its a four wire sensor im looking for?are you positive of this?
Can the exhaust in the front of the car be malfunctioning and causing the check light to throw these codes?

raybic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby raybic » February 9th, 2012, 8:56 pm

tuners heard of this going and try this i gettin this same prob

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-perf ... -pics.html

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » March 5th, 2012, 9:33 pm

jus sharing my lil 2cents with everyone..
from the first post you can see the problem i had.
I came across a check light and came up with a code po425 which was making my car run lean and i thought was a oxygen sensor,but because the previous owner removed the cat below the car and removed the sensor with it.i couldnt be 100% sure
well after extensive research and some help from raybic(a fellow tuner),i found out that the sensor i was searching for that was causing this code was a egt sensor/probe.
The egt sensor(exhaust gas temperature sensor)is a probe like sensor that goes into the catalyst below the car and monitors the temperature of the catalyst and throws a code if it detects overheating or a malfunctioning cat.
ok enuff explanation.This is the solution

Remove foot rest on driver side,you need a 12" depth to do this
IMG00035.JPG

Remove carpet to find this(this is the hole which leads below the car to the cat)
IMG00031.JPG

There should be a two pin wire harness which should have a white connector onto it(this is what the egt sensor normally plugs into)
IMG00033.JPG

I used a 270 ohms resistor and plugged it into the connector(dis thing is 40cents for the lease by steves in san juan)you will need to disconnect the battery pole to clear the previous code
IMG00041.JPG

This is the connector with the resistor in
IMG00041.JPG

IMG00038.JPG

Once thats done,you mite want to tape it up to protect it from the elements
reverse the process and attach the battery pole,start the car and taaa ddaaa,no more freaking engine check light

This has been the second week and the only amber lights im seeing are traffic lights.
I swear this works
Pls note this fix is for the code po425 which reads as catalytic temperature sensor on OBD11 and is not to be a fix for po135 which relates to one of your o2 sensors(front or rear)
This resistor mod is used for higher end cars such as wrx or evolutions.
You can view the fix as a egt resistor fix here
http://forums.evolutionm.net/general-en ... cheat.html
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-mo ... r-mod.html
Attachments
IMG00037.JPG

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » March 5th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Good stuff raybic and nissan4life..
This is a real breakthrough..

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » March 6th, 2012, 10:27 am

nissan4life, this is excellent. Posted your problem and was able to solve itmwhile showing us what was done. Good job.

trapstar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trapstar » February 4th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Im gonna try having dis same problem

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 5th, 2014, 11:36 am

Trapstar you safe once you scanned the car and getting the p0425 error code as this code relates to the egt sensor.
My problem has been gone since i hav done the fix, thats close to a yr worry free :)
Buh didnt u change engine recently? If you hav the egt sensor is just to use it bac on your straight pipe.

trapstar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trapstar » February 5th, 2014, 11:39 am

nissan4life wrote:Trapstar you safe once you scanned the car and getting the p0425 error code as this code relates to the egt sensor.
My problem has been gone since i hav done the fix, thats close to a yr worry free :)
Buh didnt u change engine recently? If you hav the egt sensor is just to use it bac on your straight pipe.

I didn't get the egt

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » February 5th, 2014, 1:40 pm

trapstar wrote:
nissan4life wrote:Trapstar you safe once you scanned the car and getting the p0425 error code as this code relates to the egt sensor.

I didn't get the egt

and you went gdi?
Raybic did the same thing so the solution works. Just ensure you get the 270 ohms resistor
Leh me know if all works out

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”