TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: Servicing carburettor

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

WTK: Servicing carburettor

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 28th, 2012, 8:11 am

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic who can service the carburettor in my 1997 CK1 Lancer? The 4g13 engine idles rough when cold, emitting a lot of black smoke, indicating the mixture is too rich. Once it is warmed up, everything is okay.

The carburettor is not the stock one that came with the car. About a year ago I was able to purchase a new carburettor that was for the 4g13 engines in Proton cars. The only differences were that I had to abandon the charcoal canister emissions control and I had to switch over the throttle control assembly from the old carburettor which had the Lancer's throttle position sensor on it. An additional throttle return spring had to be installed to return the engine to the proper idle speed as when the accelerator was depressed, the throttle did not return to the original position and the engine was idling fast. I had to tap the accelerator to get the idle speed down to the normal speed.

It seems that mechanics these days shy away from carburettor work. Even my own mechanic who is competent in this type of work gives me a set of excuses as to why he can't work on the carburettor issue.

Any help offered would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

RP

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: WTK: Servicing carburettor

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 23rd, 2012, 6:39 am

:bump:

Nebulous_14
Street 2NR

Re: WTK: Servicing carburettor

Postby Nebulous_14 » March 23rd, 2012, 11:51 pm

Sastri 355 7267 before ASJA primary school off Cipero street San Fernando,1st or 2nd road on the left (narrow road with a lot of cars parked in).

Carried my ck2 there, car ran great after his second try. He used to work Toyota I think.

That was 5 years ago not sure if the number is recent.
The only other place I trusted was Diamond Motors and you can get the carb kit by Fiaz Auto.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”