TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

W.T.K. What is the best way to drop a ck2

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mitsubishi scud missle
Street 2NR

W.T.K. What is the best way to drop a ck2

Postby mitsubishi scud missle » November 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

as the topic says i was wondering whats the best way to drop a ck lancer in order to keep the comfortable ride

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » November 17th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Cut the springs... Bess ride.

Did this on my Grandfather land rover and hugs the corners like a scaelectrix...

Feels no different ride is the same...

OR

you could just spend some money and get some good brand lowering springs...

choo
Ricer

Postby choo » November 17th, 2009, 7:03 pm

am yuh jokein bout the cutsprings ^^ thing rite ?

Wolf
Street 2NR

Postby Wolf » November 17th, 2009, 9:11 pm

:shock: MISHI i car believe you telling the man to cut he springs.

however he have to remember that when you change the springs the ride of the car will change depending on the type/brand of spring. you can't really beat the stock for comfort but your safest option on lowering would be to buy a good set of springs.

check Tuner Imports he could get a set of H&R springs for you.
1.3 front and 1.2 rear drop.

if you wanna go lower check TSC i think he still bring the MEGANS they drop like 2 front and 1.8 rear.

or you could search the mitsu forums as i believe that all springs available for the ck was discussed on a topic here already brands and max drop as well as a few reviews from the dex men who either run them or seen them in action.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » November 18th, 2009, 1:18 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a man on the verge of believin me too HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ah yes...

Officially.... No. I am not serious. Why would I tell a man to cut his springs where the shortened height in it would now cause the spring to not sit in the perch of the strut properly... which could cause the spring to fall out if somehow the car gets slightly airborne?

Similarly I can't tell a man to retread his shocks as well cause what would happen when he has to buy NEW shocks after he significantly shortened the lifespan of his original set?

Or better yet, the entire suspension geometry of the car is suddenly so badly thrown off that the car handles WORSE than a OEM height car with bad struts... prematurely wearing out his control arms, ball joints, tyres and bushings...?

I could never do that...

but it would be GHETTO COOL YO!!!!! just like the men with fire extinguishers onthe PASSENGER "A" pillar...

Anyway,

If you want good advice bro, here's some tips.

1. Do not lower your car more than 2 inches... look for a spring that gives you about 1.75" drop in front... 1.25" max in the rear. Lower and you will start having alignment issues etc. Also read up on progressive vs linear springs. Progressive will give you a better quality ride...

2. If you can, buy new struts one time. Oil shocks tend to wear out quicker with lowering springs. gas shocks usually recommended...

3. Remember, that Springs will take time to settle, so don't go driving like Lewis Hamilton the first damn day...

4. Research the best spring for your car. Search the net... check out other forums... some springs are nice and low BUT you get a back breaking ride...

5. Some lowering springs tend to make noise when the coils are close... nothing some rubber hose can't handle. There should be a link for that somewhere on the site

6. Springs alone or even coilovers will not help you if the rest of your suspension SUCKS!!!... make sure your ball joints/ bushings etc are good. If not... replace em.

7. make sure your wheels won't rub with your car lowered... don't say I didn't warn you.

Anything else? Cause I need to go warm up the hydraulics on the land Rover...

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » November 28th, 2009, 12:03 am

lowering spring's all the way dude, don't even consider cutting springs. because that would only lead to you changing shocks often, because when you cut the springs more of the car's weight are on the shocks itself, an that in turn gives you a bumpy ride along with ware an tare on the shocks and also unnecessary spending behind replacement shocks ever so often.

chindian88
Sweet on this forum

Postby chindian88 » November 28th, 2009, 12:36 am

do you need to install camber kits when you install the lowering springs? i was thinking about getting the eibach pro kit for the ck

Rudman
Shifting into 6th
Location: Finding out all the good tyres in life begins with "R".

Postby Rudman » December 1st, 2009, 6:58 pm

^Depends on how low U go. Moderate drops of 1.5" will not require the use of those cam centric camber bolts. 2" and lower will require a pair, if not 2 pairs of camber bolts.

I am on H&R springs, 1.4" front, 1" rear. These do not require any camber bolts.

Wolf
Street 2NR

Postby Wolf » December 1st, 2009, 8:08 pm

Rudman wrote:^Depends on how low U go. Moderate drops of 1.5" will not require the use of those cam centric camber bolts. 2" and lower will require a pair, if not 2 pairs of camber bolts.

I am on H&R springs, 1.4" front, 1" rear. These do not require any camber bolts.

so how the H&R does perform? performance, comfortability, etc. will you recommend it for a daily driver?

solidust
Sweet on this forum

Postby solidust » December 1st, 2009, 10:39 pm

was thinkin bout the megan racing but from reading the above these are 1.9 front 1.8 back i believe, thas too much?
same ck.....17s 40 series.

Rudman
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rudman » December 2nd, 2009, 6:26 pm

Wolf wrote:
Rudman wrote:^Depends on how low U go. Moderate drops of 1.5" will not require the use of those cam centric camber bolts. 2" and lower will require a pair, if not 2 pairs of camber bolts.

so how the H&R does perform? performance, comfortability, etc. will you recommend it for a daily driver?

I've been using it on my daily driver for the last 2 yrs, mainly for solodex reasons. Performance wise, I can't complain, but it's not the best ride for comfort, but at the same time it's not bone jarring as some other abortion machines on wheels. My wife rides in the car and she doesn't complain about the ride quality, if that's any help.

If you live in south with plently bad roads, forget it! I've been able to clear most humps with ease with these springs.

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » December 2nd, 2009, 8:12 pm

^^^ cost

Rudman
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rudman » December 3rd, 2009, 8:01 pm

^$2200 landed at the time. Knowing you, you will source it on the net at a better price.

One note however, H&R springs are not progressive as the illustration picture may suggest:

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » December 3rd, 2009, 8:12 pm

mitsubishi scud missle, dan if yuh eh wah spen no money, two mampee in yuh backseat an yuh touchin d road!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: W.T.K. What is the best way to drop a ck2

Postby Ted_v2 » April 6th, 2012, 9:45 pm

im going about this process
apparently my springs lost tension ? car drops with little weight
but i need something to ride stiff honestly i cant take on a bouncy ride

so best bet is lowering springs?

which one works well and not to hard on the pocket?

i installed a pair of rsr springs in a buddy car and it rode really well... Not much bouncing

i was doing some digging and came across b13 springs can be fitted stock in a ck lancer for the lowered look and ride

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”