TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

DIY 4g93T GDI INTAKE MANIFOLD REMOVAL AND CLEAN

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: DIY 4g93T GDI INTAKE MANIFOLD REMOVAL AND CLEAN

Postby nissan4life » May 16th, 2013, 1:57 pm

no scene zeroone you have options..

Rollingstock i never tell the man to take out his cat,you said removing it wud leave a permanent cel and i was just stating that was incorrect..

I was one who got my car without cat and i had no option but to find a solution.My input was simply to inform as both raybic and i had similar issues and we took different paths to solve the same problem.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 17th, 2013, 1:34 pm

^ I understand where you coming from. Stand corrected on getting the cel off. For me personally if a vehicle came with something i rather leave it, mass produced products like vehicles wouldn't have redundant parts due to cost.

I rather replace the cat than trick the ecu, dumping harmful exhaust gases into the atmosphere is a no no for me.

This is just my personal stance though.

raybic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby raybic » May 17th, 2013, 10:45 pm

yip the egt sensor is a needle type sensor that is right before the cat ... its located on the cat itself.... thing is its hard to find in the bamboo so if u cant get one chip it with a resistor cause thats a part to play in the open and close loop in regulatin temp from radiator fans to air intake temp and air\fuel.....

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » May 18th, 2013, 8:24 am

^^^^^ohhh I see good info there

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » July 9th, 2013, 10:00 am

if removing to get more exhaust flow but still reduce emissions just get a high flow cat converter

nightman22
Street 2NR

Postby nightman22 » July 25th, 2013, 11:33 am

dude, seriously how much you would charge me to do dat job on my 4g93 gdi non-turbo

raybic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby raybic » July 31st, 2013, 6:34 pm

would charge a 400 to do it... its easy to do just there are rubber gaskets u dont want to burst and u have to make a bracket to cover the egr vlave... i frim arima so hit me a pm once i have the time ill do it.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 25th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I finally cleaned my intake and blanked the egr earlier this month. The process is very simple.

One of the hardest parts are actually making the blank plate, for this I had my mech take out my original plate and drew around it and the two screws on it on plain paper then carried that paper to my straightener and he made the blank plate according to the drawing for free.

The next hard part is taking out the manifold, I carried my car by the mech who took it out for me. He didn't go under the car to take off the bottom bolts but he did go under the car when putting it back on.

I cleaned it myself with "super" gasoline then rinse with water then purple blast then rinse with water then dry in the sun.

There was a lot of soot in the intake which the gasoline (approx 3 gallons) and purple blaster did a excellent job at removing. When I poured the gasoline into the intake for the first few times it turned into a thick pitch black mixture. I left it there to soak for a few mins then repeated.

Before cleaning

After cleaning

Before

After

After cleaning

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 26th, 2013, 12:31 am

You think your work is done?.....
some horror GDI pics

decarbonize, decarbonise [diːˈkɑːbəˌnaɪz]
vb
(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) (tr) to remove carbon from (the walls of the combustion chamber of an internal-combustion engine) Also decoke decarburize
decarbonization , decarbonisation n
decarbonizer , decarboniser n

4G9x GDI Engine before decarbonizing

Pistons

Clumps of greasy carbon build up everywhere..........stop this with oil catch can an shutting the EGR valve. Take not 4G93GDi-T drivers........imagine if your turbo leaking oil
Look at that........yes wonder why the engine dead........an low on power look how clogged these ports can get

GDI Injector can be seen (if u know what u looking for)in this one..........very dirty

So guys clean your engines........inside and outside

The original GDI thread has lots of info you should read up on. The first generation of trinituner GDI owners was plagued with problems plus we had scared mechanics which is where the whole of Trinidad end up with the run from GDI line...we had to find out stuff through trial an error an blazed the trail....lol

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 26th, 2013, 6:50 am

Wtfff. That rell stink, valves looking like it not seating properly also

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm

xtech link to original gdi thread?

also is there a write up on how to decarbonize?

At least blanking the egr will prevent carbon buildup.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”