TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK:about MVV engine

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hondaman
3NE 2NR for life

WTK:about MVV engine

Postby hondaman » January 30th, 2013, 6:02 pm

I would like to know if thses engines give much trouble or if with proper maintenance, they function good.

Also, are parts readily available?

Thanks in advance

kurmakk
Riding on 13's

Re: WTK:about MVV engine

Postby kurmakk » August 29th, 2014, 11:14 pm

You maybe dont need the answer again, but incase anyone wants to know..
Have a f/used CK2 with the MVV ('95 version, the first set of CKs), it was learn burn (pre GDI tech apparently), so they said use premium gas. So since '99 we ran premium up till the price went to $5.75. Filled super from that day. IMO the super worked better. So yeah it runs on super.

Great economy, I get about 300kms on $70 super driving from penal to point fortin (frequent stop and go, behind big truck etc)

Originally we used shell helix hx5 20W-50 for the first 12yrs/250,000kms. Typical maintenance, oil change, injector clean, belts etc. Maintenance went slightly downhill for 2 years due to other commitments. Anyway even after then the engine was still fairly good at 310,000kms when we changed it to an identical one as it began to burn oil. Never gave any other problem. (this 310,000kms were not racked up on highway btw)

I'd say the engine is somewhat rare but not impossible to find. They're very reliable, economical and a decent amount of power too. We changed it because we saw and identical one selling and decided it was about time (the oil burning would only get worse).

Long story short, its a great engine, but if you get the normal 4g15 twin cam, youd have more power but less economy. Can anyone else give me any info about the MVV and maintenance? Maybe after all these years we were missing something particular to this model, but for now we'll just keep doing the usual..

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”