TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

re: conversion on a ck2 lancer

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ozoneprotector16
Riding on 13's

re: conversion on a ck2 lancer

Postby ozoneprotector16 » January 11th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Goodday tuners, I need some advice.

I currently own a ck2 lancer and have been lately getting some engine as well as transmission problems. I spoke to my mechanic and he advises that I replace the engine and transmission in my car. After looking tirelessly for an engine/tranny in the bamboo I came up empty handed due to the fact of the rarity of those engines and the price for what those guys are charging. I have decided to do a CONVERSION after having many discussions, using a nissan QG 15 engine that I already bought.

I want to find out if anyone on tuner has ever done this type of conversion in their car

How to properly line up engine in the car for those who do similar conversions

Thank you in advance

BagoChurchBoy
Street 2NR

Re: re: conversion on a ck2 lancer

Postby BagoChurchBoy » January 11th, 2014, 4:49 pm

You will only be decreasing the resale value of your car by doing that conversion. If you need some help I can point you to a place that has a few 4g15 engines and transmissions lying around for a reasonable price. Back to the question at hand though- My cousin did this with his car just about 2 months ago. Its abit of fabrication with the mounts to line up. He also had to cut a piece of the cross member in order for the shifter to move freely. If you get a complete harness it will not be so much of a headache for the electrician to wire up. His car is back in the garage to do a conversion back to original engine btw; from what I gather he said the transmission seal apparently began to leak because the axles weren't a direct fit. Hope this helps with your plight

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”