TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Lancer cs3a Fuel Gauge problem

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

flint
Riding on 13's

Lancer cs3a Fuel Gauge problem

Postby flint » March 9th, 2014, 10:20 am

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted here, but i'm getting kind of annoyed with this issue.
A little history, the fuel gauge was being a bit erratic even while being in traffic. No it doesn't jump around but I would pull off and it was drop to the E Bar (not below) and take a while to come back up (I dont mash out eh), or I would be driving on the highway constant speed and it would suddenly drop to E but after switching off and back on again it would normally reset to around half mark(not always but that's around the amount I normally have), fast forward to me being fully annoyed with it.

I cleaned the Fuel Sender unit in the tank, verified that after cleaning the contacts etc that the ohms read correctly even when moving the float slowly from the E position to F, I was like good that should fix it.

Put it back in the tank did a test run and it seemed good for a bit, on my second run the fuel gauge wont move more than 1 mm out of the Empty (below E) mark. I double checked the connector to see if it slipped but nothing, I was able to fit my probes to the front of the connector to get a reading (with it unplugged) and it read perfectly.

Only thing I can think is that there's a break in the wire somewhere between the tank and the ECU as i've realised this is a digital gauge ? Any info on the wiring diagram? I'm also thinking the end connector might be faulty but dont want to chop it off and deform the wiring yet..

Thanks for ANY advice in advance!

pseudoevo
Ricer

Re: Lancer cs3a Fuel Gauge problem

Postby pseudoevo » March 13th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Its probably the fuel gauge sender in the tank.. thats a normal problem with the CS lancer... I can source and install it for u.. call me at 389-9920 Marc. .. if interested.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”