TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Lancer 2006 JDM 4G15 to 4G94 Swap

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

logitech282
Riding on 13's

Lancer 2006 JDM 4G15 to 4G94 Swap

Postby logitech282 » July 6th, 2014, 11:10 am

Guys I badly need your help here. I have recently swapped my 4G15 SOHC cvt transmission engine with 4G94 SOHC and used my current cvt transmission for this upgrade. The installation went perfect and it went down on same engine foundations/mountings. I used the same ECU and cable harness of 4G15 and it went down grip to grip on all sensors except one which I got fitted from a professional guy. Used the throttle body of 4G15 as it had no difference. Initially it didn't started due to the reason that I used same camshaft position sensor which was with 4G15 as I didn't received camshaft sensor with 4G94. I talked to a Mitsubishi guy and he told me that you need to install one compatible with this engine. So I tried multiple ones and one of them worked perfectly and car started perfectly fine. Now I am not getting any check engine lights but here is the problem.

The car runs smoothly without any flaws, shifts gears smoothly but after doing around 8 to 9 miles every time the car speed cluster goes crazy up and down and immediately after doing this transmission N light starts blinking and car doesn't shifts gear. Leave the car untouched for some hours and it again runs smoothly 8 to 9 miles and start doing same.

Can any expert guide me over here. What did I missed? as I am lost here and don't know what to do. Please this is kind of urgent.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Lancer 2006 JDM 4G15 to 4G94 Swap

Postby Ted_v2 » August 16th, 2014, 4:31 pm

What engine did the 94 come from?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”