TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

gdi engine dying....

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

insaneindian
Street 2NR

Re: gdi engine dying....

Postby insaneindian » October 25th, 2014, 2:25 pm

sigh....changed the fuel filter under the fender and it ran perfectly for a week, very powerful a lil rough idle but nothing to talk about. then one night after a good run down the highway it bucked slightly, the next day it started bucking violently cruising down the highway, scanned it and got injector/fuel pressure fail codes AGAIN!!.

since then i've driven it around the block and on short drives with no problem....i'm puzzled now...

this is becoming annoying.....
suggestions?
anyone??

Bobby~d
Street 2NR

Postby Bobby~d » October 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm

xtech wrote:lol that wire is there for noise suppression. It suppose to be plugged into a capacitor.

If the capacitor is not there where can I buy one to put back. Reason being that on my engine the wire is just there hanging as well.

de_dougla_smurf
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby de_dougla_smurf » October 30th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Bobby~d wrote:
xtech wrote:lol that wire is there for noise suppression. It suppose to be plugged into a capacitor.

If the capacitor is not there where can I buy one to put back. Reason being that on my engine the wire is just there hanging as well.

X2

Sanjstar
Street 2NR

Postby Sanjstar » November 28th, 2014, 1:58 am

Have you ever thought of bad gas in your tank buddy?.....if it runs good after you change the fuel filter under the back then the issue can stem from that region...you can try cleaning your tank and change your filter again....or I suggest that it can also be a bad fuel pump....idk if the vrgs have a fuel pump at the rear....research it

optimusprime
Riding on 13's

Postby optimusprime » November 30th, 2014, 10:27 pm

dudes i repair the pump every one with the same issue on GDI engines call me at 3374663 adjusting the screw can damage your engine and you don't have to go through the extreme cost of replacing the regulator .

Call or whats app 3374663

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”