TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Pinging problem...help plz..........

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

k.c.g.
Street 2NR

Pinging problem...help plz..........

Postby k.c.g. » August 28th, 2014, 10:18 am

have a ck4 bout 4 months now,,,,started pinging a lot,,,tried everythin,,,switched to premium,,,colder plugs etc and nothing seemed to help....
Went to about 13 mechanics no lie an they do all kind of experiments with my car,,,made me change one set of parts etc....
All of them were guessing except one who told me that the head needs to be shaved the gasket replaced and advised me to change all the seals one time...
He was the only one who sounded like he know what he talking about so i went ahead...
Cost me way more than expected but i didnt mind payin to get it sorted out....
Got the car back an everythin wukkin nice,,,realll likin mehself,,,thinkin money well spent...
after about a week heard a little ping,,,after every week it kept on gettin louder and louder and now 2 months have passed and it back jus like before....

what could be the prob,,,ruled out a lot of stuff due to the fact that it didnt come back jus so,,,it gradually built up.........

btw is a 4g92 sohc

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Re: Pinging problem...help plz..........

Postby trini iceman » September 18th, 2014, 8:56 am

You ever considered rod knock?

k.c.g.
Street 2NR

Postby k.c.g. » September 22nd, 2014, 10:15 am

Yup,,,thing is as the rpm increases the knocking goes away......

deltree
Riding on 13's

Postby deltree » December 30th, 2014, 4:27 am

Try seeing if you dont have a lazy oxygen sensor but thats on mileage if 60k miles are done its past its shelf life. ECU code wont show but it could be lazy causinf af ratio to go whack.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”