TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP NEEDED !!! 4g93t GDI

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

HELP NEEDED !!! 4g93t GDI

Postby BoostJunkieXL » November 13th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Good Day Tuners,

I have a slight problem ( I hope ) and I'm in need of some guidance. 4g93gdi turbo engine. MAJOR loss of power in the lower end of the power-band. car takes forever to accelerate to 50kmph (driving at a steady pace) then rockets off from above 50kmph. If I take off from a stand still while giving more gas i.e driving hard, car works fine. Also car stutters as though its gasping for air when it tries to change gears on auto mode. from 2nd to 3rd it stutters and "bucks" I have to either press down harder for it to gear down and shift therefore driving hard for no reason from a steady pace. or release the throttle and then go back on it hoping the gear changes right this time. car works fine on tiptronic minus the loss of power. I also need someone who can source and install piece of the harness that leads to the compressor (its not getting power, tried everything and my mechanic came to that conclusion), as lines had already been vacuum and gas was topped up. car works fine otherwise its just this issue and the lack of AC has my girlfriend and my mom on my case 24/7 and my current mechanic is too busy at the moment. I'd appreciate if anyone can share some insight or point me to a mechanic who can assist preferably someone who isn't biased against GDI technology with experience working on these engines.

Thanks in advance

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Re: HELP NEEDED !!! 4g93t GDI

Postby trini iceman » November 21st, 2015, 4:41 am

This sounding transmission related.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » November 23rd, 2015, 7:33 am

hmmm...thanks ill look into that

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » November 25th, 2015, 6:46 am

Plug in a paperclip scanner an read of the codes that pops up on the dash for the engine.

If no idea what a paperclip scan is there is an explanation here...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=294415&start=210
Last edited by xtech on November 25th, 2015, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » November 25th, 2015, 12:53 pm

i have an ELM37 with torque pro . i get these two codes

P1515 Brake Vacuum Sensor
P0425 Temp Sensor (bank1) i know this one is due to my exhaust where the sensor is supposed to be theres no way for it to connect to my exhaust as the stock exhaust is still installed and my stock exhaust didnt come with it :/

the brake vacuum sensor i believe is something to do with my brake booster. ( so i was told )

but ic an try the paperclip and see if any codes come up.

Thanks

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » June 12th, 2016, 2:05 pm

why u went with that engine. u like headache.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 am

BoostJunkie on your first read this sounds like a transmission related problem but as you just posted the codes i see you have P0425.
This code relates to the exhaust re circulation temperature sensor (egt probe) and works in conjunction with the ecu and transmission hence the bucking and lost of power.
The ecu will read this code as an malfunction from the catalyic converter and put the tranny into safe/limp mode, this is to protect the car from potential problems. I experienced this yrs ago when i first bough my 4g15 gdi and the previous owner cut the cat off, i had lost of power on anything over 3000rpm
see post and start here to see if this helps.
viewtopic.php?t=420913

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » June 14th, 2016, 9:44 am

tuners thanks for all the advice....got the problem sorted out a little while ago but forgot about this post...it was as simple as..........boost leak ! intercooler hose has a tear in it....other than that engine works great !!!

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”