TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Re: CS Lancer!

Postby EXODUS » May 30th, 2012, 10:40 pm

ShaKarz wrote:sailun n rotalla r maybe the 2 best chinese tyre u can get other than the known brands. Iv used d sailun personally in wet wit no issues. Wat power n speed u drive 4 the dz 101 to loose grip..

well its the gsr 93t and i've used the nankang NS2, nexen n3000, 7000 before with no issues. but these direzzas werk good for a few mths then it feels unstable when a little drizzle appears on the road and worse around corners. I've got the Proxes 4 on n they feel a lil better. Dunno if my rim or something else has to do with how my car feels around corners. Can rim dish/bend make the car wobble a lil round corners? d amt of holes i hit in meh lifetime eh but thankfully there is not visual bends on the rim but u never know cus a lil ding makes the biggest bang when u least expect it.

as for the new toyo proxes 4, feels great, ride comfort is greatly increased, so to handling, steering response. Less road noise and maan, the best so far...no luck on the Ventus or Eagly F1 so far. Cud any1 with either of those two tyres gimme a lil road test review?

also, i'm sure with diff tyre brand in the series 205/40/17, diff psi levels are set. I currently run 32 all around but was reading online that ppl run them @ a lil higher 36 psi - 40 psi with room for expansion. I also read, underinflation leads to an unsteady feeling when driving so tomor im gonna bump up the pump n see how it goes. What PSI do u guys set ur tyres @ with that series of tyre? (205/40/17) and do the PSI level make a diff when using Nitrogen as opposed to Air? Been using Nitro for the past 3 yrs with NO probs....

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 31st, 2012, 7:44 am

i have 205/45/16 with nitrogen
32 psi front
30 psi rear
when using nitrogen the air wont heat up as much as normal air becuz it's not supposed to expand whereas with the normal air, with heat the air in the tyres would expand about 5-7 psi more than what u put in when it was cold

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » May 31st, 2012, 12:54 pm

Hey ppl, i having a problem with my driver side window.

for a few days its was going up/down really rough...then it started to stick and go up bent..so i stopped using it as a precaution. But one day i forgot, and pressed the switch, and i heard someting break and the glass stopped. I was able to push up the glass manually, but when i opened up the door weekend, the part dat connects the glass to the railing to slide it up and down broke (not the metal part..just the plastic part joining the glass to the holder). I sorry i didnt take pics, but have this ever happened to u all before?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » May 31st, 2012, 1:56 pm

I have on 225/45/17 and running 28psi all round. Regular gas station air. Ride not bad, anything higher is like riding on rims alone.

Never had that problem KURMAman, theres a power window guy in Bamboo that does good work.

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 31st, 2012, 4:05 pm

its something broken in the motor regulator assembly
KURMAman I have one that I have no use for at home, first time mine went bad, I went by an electrician and got a used motor from some other vehicle bolted to the regulator assembly, when that motor went I went and got an original cs lancer used motor complete with regulator so I jus swapped the whole thing

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » May 31st, 2012, 8:31 pm

Well, the motor and everything works...the part connected to the railing going up/down works and moves fine..no problems...its jus the point where that and the window is connected..its like 2 yellow plastic connections...broke off totally..so the glass isnt connected at all to the moving parts in the door.
turbo_beast, if u can take a picture and post it up so i confirm its the same ting im talking about...and tell me how much u want for it. thnx a mil bro

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » May 31st, 2012, 9:00 pm

idlemind wrote:I have on 225/45/17 and running 28psi all round. Regular gas station air. Ride not bad, anything higher is like riding on rims alone.

Never had that problem KURMAman, theres a power window guy in Bamboo that does good work.

padna yuh do think u might be running the tyres underinflated ....reason for saying that on the door jam have the recomended psi but it shows going up from 14s to 15s the psi increases as stated in earlier threads 36-40

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » May 31st, 2012, 9:20 pm

KURMAman Drive up the street I go check it for you

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » May 31st, 2012, 9:23 pm

yeah idle, 32 PSi n under is jus undewrinflated and uneven wear thats jus taking place. stability and traction is also an issue there. so guys, toyo has a nice tool that gives u all the shiznit abt ur tires... heres my recc specs
39 PSI F, 36 PSI R...niceeeee

Product Code:
197110 Product Name:
Proxes 4 [More Info]More Info
Tire Size:
205/40ZR17 84WRD Rim Widths:
7.0-(7.5)-8.0
Overall Diameter:
23.54 in. Overall Width:
8.58 in.
Weight:
19.40 lbs. Sidewall:
B/TL Ply Rating:
N/A (only for LT tires)
Load Description:
RD (Reinforced) Tire Metric:
Metric
Performance Ratings:
Dry Handling: 3.5
Wet Handling: 4.0
Ride Comfort: 3.0
Quiet Ride: 4.0
Treadlife: 3.5
Winter Handling: 2.5
Rolling Resistance: 3.0
Replacement Pressures (F/R):
39 PSI / 36 PSI

NOTE: Replacement pressures (front and rear) need to be 39 PSI front and 36 PSI rear to carry the same load as OE specifications.
Notes: RD = Reinforced Tire, SL = Standard Load Tire, XL = Extra Load Tire, LL = Light Load Tire

WARNING! Replacement tires must be of a suitable size, load range and load capacity (by inflation), capable of carrying equal or greater load compared to the vehicle's originally installed tires. Never install under-sized tires or tires with reduced load capacity! Failure to properly inflate replacement tires for the required load will result in eventual tire failure, loss of vehicle control and possible serious injury or death. Always consult Toyo load and inflation tables to determine correct tire inflation pressures, or contact Toyo Technical Service. 1-800-442-8696 (Pacific Time)
RUN-FLAT TIRES: For vehicles that are originally equipped with run-flat tires, please refer to your vehicle manufacturer or owners manual for a suitable replacement tire. Toyo does not recommend the replacement of run-flat tires with standard, non run-flat tires.
NOTE: Replacement tire is a reinforced/extra load tire, capable of higher pressures. (RD/XL)

daniel135
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby daniel135 » May 31st, 2012, 11:46 pm

32psi to me is too soft,you feel everything on the road..i run 35psi,205/40/17..best feeling on 17's

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » June 1st, 2012, 8:21 am

The amount of PSI depends on the tyre itself.

The sicker on the door is a guide of what is used on OEM tyres.

When you convert the figures on the sticker on the door you get around 30-32 PSI anyway.

Ive used nitro ever since and one of the main differences ive noticed is that nitro does not leak as easy as air, so I only have to check pressure every 2-3 weeks as opposed to every week when I used to run air.

Sometimes when I check its at the correct PSI so no need to top up.

KURMAman that yellow plastic part is impossible to detach from the window so unless you can plastic weld im afraid you will have to buy a new window.

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » June 1st, 2012, 9:01 am

....buy a new window u say.....larddd.... ronsin, i'll check u weekend if i come down south (i does stay up central during the week). thnx alot peeps..

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » June 1st, 2012, 9:10 am

idlemind wrote:Anyone knows anyone that has a double din dash for sale and the AC Control relocation the bottom like this?

check the link..

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showt ... Fascia-MOD

:fadein:

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » June 1st, 2012, 1:20 pm

thanks Kurmaman...but Ill need the pocket below too since i have a drop down pocket instead of that cut out pocket the guy has. Pretty interesting DIY though, il cringe to chop anything like he did.

And yes guys, I know im under inflated, doesnt really bother me. Il jus buy more tyres.
You have to take a ride in my car to understand.
Theres no way I can run anything higher than 32psi without coming home with back pains everyday.

As for traction and stability :lol: :lol: :twisted:
I have yet to see a better combo than potenzas + coilovers.. ah lie, toss in some 15s and you on like socks. The fun to be had is epic, imagine pointing your steering anywhere and the car saying "Only there?"

With that said, I need to stay away from the bends on Aranguez flyover :drinking:

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » June 1st, 2012, 1:30 pm

KURMAman wrote:....buy a new window u say.....larddd.... ronsin, i'll check u weekend if i come down south (i does stay up central during the week). thnx alot peeps..

yeah the yellow tabs are sweated/fused unto the glass, it doh make sense plastic welding...best bet it to buy a new window glass...check bella, he should have a few doors scrapped

thatguy3832
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thatguy3832 » June 1st, 2012, 1:45 pm

idle i have that piece already because my deck came there although i replaced the deck so is just to grow the balls to cut the a/c up. ugh!!!!

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » June 1st, 2012, 1:52 pm

If your deck came below there, what you had on top?

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » June 1st, 2012, 2:56 pm

I run 195/60 on 14" at 34 psi with regular air and had to go down to 32 beacusae I find it is just toooooo damn hard. I feel as if I am riding on the big chromes I had so I could understand why idle inflates to 28psi.

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » June 1st, 2012, 3:03 pm

Nice find KURMAman double din :mrgreen:

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » June 1st, 2012, 4:38 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:
KURMAman wrote:....buy a new window u say.....larddd.... ronsin, i'll check u weekend if i come down south (i does stay up central during the week). thnx alot peeps..

yeah the yellow tabs are sweated/fused unto the glass, it doh make sense plastic welding...best bet it to buy a new window glass...check bella, he should have a few doors scrapped

Yes you will need a new glass window and if yuh checking me Sunday will be better cuz Saturday is Devi BBQ which I am attending

thatguy3832
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thatguy3832 » June 1st, 2012, 5:28 pm

idle it's f/u so most likely it had a nav setup that they removed

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » June 1st, 2012, 6:18 pm

BrotherHood wrote:I run 195/60 on 14" at 34 psi with regular air and had to go down to 32 beacusae I find it is just toooooo damn hard. I feel as if I am riding on the big chromes I had so I could understand why idle inflates to 28psi.

toyo states for OE tires, like urself... Replacement Pressures (F/R):
31 PSI / 29 PSI are recommended..

bumped up the pump to 39F and 36R and it feels guuuddd. no more mushy steering feel though it has firmed up d ride. but small thing, mpg wud move up and all road grip,handling wud be increased...not that it is much to tlk about. softer sidewall means less noise but greater air pressure is needed ... so with diff tires/brands, diff PSi levels are recommended.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 1st, 2012, 11:54 pm

anyone have some extra calipers and rotors ? need a set soon
or if you guys know the price of them even better

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » June 1st, 2012, 11:59 pm

PM Computer and Partz guy!!!

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » June 2nd, 2012, 7:17 pm

idlemind wrote:If your deck came below there, what you had on top?

All the 2005 lancers bought new from firm came with CD changer..so it have the plastic din holder in the below already :)

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » June 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm

KURMAman wrote:

All the 2005 lancers bought new from firm came with CD changer..so it have the plastic din holder in the below already :)

Pic?

secret_service
3NE 2NR for life

Postby secret_service » June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

any 4G93 GDI Lancers in here?

got the larger extractors here for small money $300

the smaller unit was sold

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » June 5th, 2012, 6:42 am

Anyone knows the price for the local front bumper (long bumper)?

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » June 5th, 2012, 9:01 am

fras wrote:
KURMAman wrote:

Pic?

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » June 5th, 2012, 9:34 am

KURMAman wrote:
fras wrote:
KURMAman wrote:

Pic?

yeppp most lancers came with that factory setting. never saw any locally with the a/c controls @ the bottom and a double din in the deck/ AC controls' space. relocating the a/c controls if u buy an aftermarket double din wud be tricky due to a/c wiring and sockets not so?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”