TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby Ted_v2 » October 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Paid 400 for a entire axle. Foreign used. Yes both inner and outer
Ck tho

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » October 21st, 2014, 6:52 pm

idlemind wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:
cinco wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:
cinco wrote:Allyuh please keep idlemind inside here and away from dex. Ktanxbhai

:lol:
He solodexin with the Kia?

Yeh boy he come out and mash we up

is idlemind yuh talking about there yuh know
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol returning to the track was a good feeling man.
Doubt il be there for every event...but my co-driver already call me for the next one lol.
Kia topped the class guys. Heres a pic.

atleast you talk being honest cuz it not the driver that top the class :mrgreen:

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » October 22nd, 2014, 2:20 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
moses_boss12 wrote:OK boys and girls...so i find my idle kinda heavy...now i changed oil a lil while aback and noticed a slight difference.but now i find this car idling real bombo clat heavy (ok not that bad, but noticeable)...also find the car losing power...anybody can point me in a direction of solutions for my problems.. :( :(

changed brakes today..didnt know them wagner so expensive nah...how much for it by DM just for conversation sake????

Did you change the air filter and spark plugs?
If those were changed when you did the oil change you may need to service the throttle body. If that doesn't help, you may need an idle control unit.
Start with the simple things first and move on.

The wagner brakes cost close to $300. Never bought/priced brakes at Diamond Motors.

yea changed filter,plugs everything..

guess i would check out the throttle body clean...incase i need to get TB (hope not ) any ideas on the cost of this ??

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » October 24th, 2014, 11:26 am

A few hundred if so much to get that serviced man.

jason1984
Street 2NR

Postby jason1984 » October 25th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Yeah fellas I recently changed all the shocks in my ride but when I driving I still feel every bump in the road. Could it be that my shock mounts bad? because I used the old ones on the new shocks

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » October 27th, 2014, 3:47 pm

jason1984 wrote:Yeah fellas I recently changed all the shocks in my ride but when I driving I still feel every bump in the road. Could it be that my shock mounts bad? because I used the old ones on the new shocks

Give them a few days and see if the tension becomes less stiff.

jason1984
Street 2NR

Postby jason1984 » October 27th, 2014, 10:09 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
jason1984 wrote:Yeah fellas I recently changed all the shocks in my ride but when I driving I still feel every bump in the road. Could it be that my shock mounts bad? because I used the old ones on the new shocks

Give them a few days and see if the tension becomes less stiff.

Well boy is 2 weeks now I have it and nothing changed.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » October 28th, 2014, 8:09 am

Jason more infor is needed. What profile tires you running currently and how much psi do you put? sounds to me like you could be over pressuring your tires, this will make the ride harsh,will also make the tires cut weird
Bad shock mounts can be seen from the engine bay, usually produces a noise as shock isnt held securely in place and your alignment would be off.

jason1984
Street 2NR

Postby jason1984 » October 28th, 2014, 5:53 pm

nissan4life wrote:Jason more infor is needed. What profile tires you running currently and how much psi do you put? sounds to me like you could be over pressuring your tires, this will make the ride harsh,will also make the tires cut weird
Bad shock mounts can be seen from the engine bay, usually produces a noise as shock isnt held securely in place and your alignment would be off.

195/55r/15 32psi

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 28th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Not bad pressure

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » October 28th, 2014, 7:04 pm

jason1984 wrote:
nissan4life wrote:Jason more infor is needed. What profile tires you running currently and how much psi do you put? sounds to me like you could be over pressuring your tires, this will make the ride harsh,will also make the tires cut weird

195/55r/15 32psi

You mean 195/55/r15 but that psi is good.
If you installed brand new shocks i cant see any thing else causing the stiff/hard ride except the springs.
Were they ever heated,cut or altered in anyway?

jason1984
Street 2NR

Postby jason1984 » October 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm

nissan4life wrote:
jason1984 wrote:

195/55r/15 32psi

You mean 195/55/r15 but that psi is good.
If you installed brand new shocks i cant see any thing else causing the stiff/hard ride except the springs.
Were they ever heated,cut or altered in anyway?

I not sure if anything was done to it before with the previous owner but i will carry by the mechanic to see if its the springs

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » October 29th, 2014, 8:14 am

Mrn peeps, got a lil issue, drove to work this mrn an wen I switched d car off heard a hissing sound coming from d engine, wen I popped d bonnet see my radiator leaking, I was like ohhh frick man from one prob to d next Jed... Any way it leakin between d joint of d top tank an d rest of d radiator... Can dis b fixed or I need a new one, by d way it's d plastic one an hit me up wit a price plz...

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 29th, 2014, 8:58 am

700 or such for a replacement
around 1800-2000 for a metal replacement

not sure about replacing top tank since i find that makes absolutely no sense

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » October 29th, 2014, 11:32 am

icefox wrote:Mrn peeps, got a lil issue, drove to work this mrn an wen I switched d car off heard a hissing sound coming from d engine, wen I popped d bonnet see my radiator leaking, I was like ohhh frick man from one prob to d next Jed... Any way it leakin between d joint of d top tank an d rest of d radiator... Can dis b fixed or I need a new one, by d way it's d plastic one an hit me up wit a price plz...

If its plastic and there is no crack on the head it self it can be repaired. Radiator men normally take out the head when servicing the fins and use some sort of silicone adhesive before bending back the support that hold the top in place.
Ted is correct with prices, plastic is bout 700-800 metal is bout 1800.

bnrampage
Street 2NR

Postby bnrampage » October 29th, 2014, 11:45 am

Hey guys anyone know where i could get this antenna and base for the Cs3 lancer ?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » October 29th, 2014, 12:22 pm

jason1984 wrote:

195/55r/15 32psi

If your shocks were old and busted the car would have felt like it was riding smooth because of the lack of damping. Now u have new shocks the car is actually riding properly.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » October 29th, 2014, 12:36 pm

icefox wrote:Mrn peeps, got a lil issue, drove to work this mrn an wen I switched d car off heard a hissing sound coming from d engine, wen I popped d bonnet see my radiator leaking, I was like ohhh frick man from one prob to d next Jed... Any way it leakin between d joint of d top tank an d rest of d radiator... Can dis b fixed or I need a new one, by d way it's d plastic one an hit me up wit a price plz...

dollar savers have the.plastic.for 650

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » October 29th, 2014, 2:03 pm

kjaglal76v2 wrote:

dollar savers have the.plastic.for 650

Ok cool, well if I gettin a brand new one for 650, den it makes more sense to buy dat dan pay 400 to repair it... Tanks a lot

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » October 29th, 2014, 2:40 pm

icefox wrote:Ok cool, well if I gettin a brand new one for 650, den it makes more sense to buy dat dan pay 400 to repair it... Tanks a lot

Not necessarily eh, new one cud have a shorter life span than old oem one.
Dollar savers sells second grade substitute parts, but thats my person opinion.

Icefox just keep the old one close by.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 29th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Unsure about the quality.
But I replaced mines with a foreign used unit and it worked awesome for the past 3 years. Plastic

amrit90901
Street 2NR

Postby amrit90901 » October 29th, 2014, 5:39 pm

The brand new ones work fine we never had any problems thus far

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » October 29th, 2014, 9:12 pm

nissan4life wrote:
icefox wrote:Ok cool, well if I gettin a brand new one for 650, den it makes more sense to buy dat dan pay 400 to repair it... Tanks a lot

Not necessarily eh, new one cud have a shorter life span than old oem one.
Dollar savers sells second grade substitute parts, but thats my person opinion.

Icefox just keep the old one close by.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

u doz foreign used shocks & brake pads too ent

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » October 30th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Well il try d new one an see how dat goes, an change d top tank of d old one so il have a spare

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » October 30th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Two others issues I have, 1- I changed my engine oil Tuesday an wen I opens the oil cap I cud actually see junks of build up on d top of some bolts, I cuda actually put my finger an pull of peice d size of a ten cent. I was gonna try one of dose engine cleaners but d man tell me dat does harded d seals an he don't recommend it so wat is d cause an best solution

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 30th, 2014, 3:12 pm

More frequent oil changes.
Or try a oil with a better detergent.
What oil u use?
Castrol?

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » October 30th, 2014, 4:21 pm

icefox

Let a mechanic (if you can't handle the job) take off the rocker cover and clean whatever you can see, I don't see another proper method of removing that from the head. Do it asap so the oil ports won't clog up.

djruncrowd
3NE 2NR for life

Postby djruncrowd » October 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

The radiator guy in four roads diego charging me $500. To change a burst top tank. I got a new replacement radiator for the cs at Maturas in st. James for $800. That was a few years ago though

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » October 30th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:More frequent oil changes.
Or try a oil with a better detergent.
What oil u use?
Castrol?

I can't rem d last one i used, but dis time I used Mobil 1, dose dat oil have better detergents

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » October 31st, 2014, 11:35 am

djruncrowd wrote:

The radiator guy in four roads diego charging me $500. To change a burst top tank. I got a new replacement radiator for the cs at Maturas in st. James for $800. That was a few years ago though

I paid about $800 and something for a brand new aluminium rad about 2yrs years ago at RepAuto in Marabella...

No problems at all even up to when the car was sold..

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”