TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby mety57 » August 27th, 2014, 6:46 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
Casper23 wrote:My mech is using shell oil in my cedia....is shell a good oil to be using?

Yes.

jason1984 wrote:Hey guys my ac makes a clicking sound when cycling and when that happens my car would move forward a little. What is causing this?

Yea, normal thing man. Normal AC operation. You never drive with AC ?

brotherhood ....so the man accustom to hot sun only

jason1984
Street 2NR

Postby jason1984 » August 28th, 2014, 8:23 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
Casper23 wrote:My mech is using shell oil in my cedia....is shell a good oil to be using?

Yes.

jason1984 wrote:Hey guys my ac makes a clicking sound when cycling and when that happens my car would move forward a little. What is causing this?

Yea, normal thing man. Normal AC operation. You never drive with AC ?

lol I was hardly driving it

Mike93
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mike93 » August 29th, 2014, 6:05 pm

moses_boss12 wrote:Ok well thanks for the info..and will definitely use the search for anything else that may have been discussed before. .anyways went by elvin Saturday morning took like two hours to change the head of the radiator. Overall I happy with the work and the service..just to see how long islt lasts.....yea so my next project I looking to embark upon is to visit a straightener and painter to touch up some stuff and do some minor repairs. .any personal recommendation. ..cost is a factor here;-)

Yo if you still looking for a straightener and painter to work on your car, I know one in St. James who does excellent work, prices kinda hot though, but you get what you pay for, quality work. It's clost to Long Circular Mall dey, you taking the street alongside the mall, think it's patna street, and drive like you heading west. Turn left on Kandahar Street(Opposite Joe's Pizza) and they on the left hand side. Must notice which house it is.....it'll be the only garage with a set of cars in it.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 29th, 2014, 8:17 pm

as we on this topic anyone know a good buffing person, I have a bit "spots" from the clear-coat on my car from a paint job.

missyniques1
Street 2NR

Postby missyniques1 » August 29th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Ok fellas, my car is at it again. I went to align my car today because I'm getting a slight pull to the right, hear what I was told by the guy, he can't align my car because.......1. Cradle bushing bursting 2. I need a shock mount 3. Front engine mount bad 4. Steering rack bad.......*sigh* I so fed up of this car. Where can I get these things and are they expensive? Also anyone know someone who can do the repairs? An honest person.

missyniques1
Street 2NR

Postby missyniques1 » August 29th, 2014, 9:09 pm

I also want to know how I didn't notice these things? What are the signs that these things are going???? I must admit though that wen I turn my steering wheel to make a complete turn, I get a slight knocking noise sometimes! Plz help :(

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 29th, 2014, 9:12 pm

You bought a used car all those are common wear items that need to be changed generally within 10 years of he cars age.
Did u carry a mechanic to check the car prior to your purchasing it?

missyniques1
Street 2NR

Postby missyniques1 » August 29th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Listen I done get burn and cuttin my losses. I just need help and advice right now.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 29th, 2014, 10:40 pm

cinco wrote:You bought a used car all those are common wear items that need to be changed generally within 10 years of he cars age.
Did u carry a mechanic to check the car prior to your purchasing it?

Wut he said.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » August 30th, 2014, 3:39 pm

:lol: brutal

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » August 30th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Peeps, i in a serious bind... Help a bro out, nah...

Mechanic pull out my front shock to change only to realize the saucer size bigger than the standard Lancer :shock:

I desperately need a place where i can get shocks for my car, since all the places i checked down south just have the standard sized saucer.

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 30th, 2014, 6:25 pm

missyniques1 wrote:Ok fellas, my car is at it again. I went to align my car today because I'm getting a slight pull to the right, hear what I was told by the guy, he can't align my car because.......1. Cradle bushing bursting 2. I need a shock mount 3. Front engine mount bad 4. Steering rack bad.......*sigh* I so fed up of this car. Where can I get these things and are they expensive? Also anyone know someone who can do the repairs? An honest person.

First get a good mech to check those things.

New parts can be ordered from amayama.com

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » August 30th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Mike93 wrote:
moses_boss12 wrote:Ok well thanks for the info..and will definitely use the search for anything else that may have been discussed before. .anyways went by elvin Saturday morning took like two hours to change the head of the radiator. Overall I happy with the work and the service..just to see how long islt lasts.....yea so my next project I looking to embark upon is to visit a straightener and painter to touch up some stuff and do some minor repairs. .any personal recommendation. ..cost is a factor here;-)

Yo if you still looking for a straightener and painter to work on your car, I know one in St. James who does excellent work, prices kinda hot though, but you get what you pay for, quality work. It's clost to Long Circular Mall dey, you taking the street alongside the mall, think it's patna street, and drive like you heading west. Turn left on Kandahar Street(Opposite Joe's Pizza) and they on the left hand side. Must notice which house it is.....it'll be the only garage with a set of cars in it.

Yea thanks alot bro.will definitely look into to that the location is real convenient for me as well. .....fellas so a little update on everything. .radiator holding out like a gem . changed the oils today so I comfortable right now. .have to change the two front shocks still and align. .

On a another note where I could get my head light tinted? ??:D:D

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 30th, 2014, 6:37 pm

idlemind wrote::lol: brutal

I wasnt intending to be brutal but I am being honest.
She needs to realise all those parts are wear items. It seems it is her first car and she got hosed with the tranny issue but once she keeps a log of what she changed at what mileage and use PROPER NEW replacement parts she will be good to go

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 30th, 2014, 6:45 pm

and when buying a used car check all those things too.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 30th, 2014, 6:59 pm

My rule of thumb is spend 5k less than the money you have for a used car.
Expect to change oil, shocks, tyres, brakes within a month of getting it. Worst case scenario but i rather not be caught off guard and empty pocketed

Mike93
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mike93 » August 30th, 2014, 7:15 pm

moses_boss12 wrote:
Yea thanks alot bro.will definitely look into to that the location is real convenient for me as well. .....fellas so a little update on everything. .radiator holding out like a gem . changed the oils today so I comfortable right now. .have to change the two front shocks still and align. .

On a another note where I could get my head light tinted? ??:D:D

Np bro, and with the headlight tinting......it't not really tinting per se, because they don't actually tint the headlights, what they do is mix clear coat with a "dot" of black paint and then paint the headlights.
However I would advice against doing this unless u have HID headlights, or fog lamps, because doing this greatly reduces the light output of your vehicle. I have a brethren with a sportero with smoked headlights and he literally cannot drive around at night without his fogs because his headlights useless(mind you he also has HID's in his headlight)

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » September 2nd, 2014, 10:16 pm

missyniques1 wrote:Ok fellas, my car is at it again. I went to align my car today because I'm getting a slight pull to the right, hear what I was told by the guy, he can't align my car because.......1. Cradle bushing bursting 2. I need a shock mount 3. Front engine mount bad 4. Steering rack bad.......*sigh* I so fed up of this car. Where can I get these things and are they expensive? Also anyone know someone who can do the repairs? An honest person.

All of those parts relatively priced and all that are normal parts that have to be changed. Source the parts at any parts place and check your mechanic so he could change them.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » September 2nd, 2014, 10:23 pm

Fellas, are there any front brake setup that is an upgrade on the oem CS Lancer rotor disc and caliper?
I need rotors. Found a fella with a 'bigger cross drilled rotor and caliper setup for the front. Don't want to buy 'cat in bag'.

thatguy3832
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thatguy3832 » September 2nd, 2014, 10:41 pm

There is suppose to be a bigger setup from a CS I think not to sure on the model though there is a 4 hole and a 5 hole

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » September 2nd, 2014, 10:46 pm

missyniques1 wrote:I also want to know how I didn't notice these things? What are the signs that these things are going???? I must admit though that wen I turn my steering wheel to make a complete turn, I get a slight knocking noise sometimes! Plz help :(

go by federal & do a suspension.check, it costs abt $50, they'll tell u all u need & price it, then take d quote & shop around for d parts

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » September 2nd, 2014, 10:49 pm

who hv this locally

daniel135
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby daniel135 » September 2nd, 2014, 11:05 pm

BrotherHood wrote:Fellas, are there any front brake setup that is an upgrade on the oem CS Lancer rotor disc and caliper?
I need rotors. Found a fella with a 'bigger cross drilled rotor and caliper setup for the front. Don't want to buy 'cat in bag'.

There is a bigger rotor setup selling. The turbo wagons came with them. Most are 5 hole, but you do get 4×100 and 4×114. I have the 4×114 big brake setup. Keep in mind, you will need to run 15 inch rims to run d big setup. 14's cant fit.
This is my setup. 4 ×114 from d turbo wagon. Paid $1000 for d pair by Mahadeos in d bamboo fit.
uploadfromtaptalk1409713395287.jpg

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » September 3rd, 2014, 12:25 am

Thanks thatguy and daniel.
The seller said that it will clear my 14" oem wheels and have very little space to spare. I guess he was wrong.

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » September 3rd, 2014, 8:49 am

Fellas end up getting the mirror for the car...paid 500 for it :o:o:o..had to buy the whole unit which I didn't need..so of anybody needs a mirror let me know. .but happy to get my glass so is all good

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » September 3rd, 2014, 10:58 am

kjaglal76v2 wrote:Image

who hv this locally

Check JDM Master in the Classifieds.

javzi21
Riding on 13's

Postby javzi21 » September 7th, 2014, 11:44 am

anyone has bumper clips or knows someone who can install them reasonably

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 7th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Hyper v racing

EVA Unit-01
Riding on 17's

Postby EVA Unit-01 » September 7th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Way, alyuh peeps just ignore me... :sad: Anyway, after a week's frustration, i finally got the shocks changed (couldn't get the shock heads though, but reused the original since they were still good).

Turns out some of the newer CS3 Lancers (that come with the 4x114 setup) using the parts from the CS5W :shock: So in case anyone has to do suspension work on one of those, that's the parts you'll need to ask for.

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » September 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm

orrrrrr

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”