TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I got my legacy in dash screen to play dvds

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Metastream
Riding on 13's

Postby Metastream » August 12th, 2009, 6:47 pm

i see jacks under the driver's seat....but no dvd player.....can i get one to buy?

Flex030
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Flex030 » September 22nd, 2009, 6:45 pm

Bumping useful threads and washing out the useless one.... :x

Stac
Riding on 13's

Re: I got my legacy in dash screen to play dvds

Postby Stac » October 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Have any of you actually managed to change these to English or are you just using them in Japanese? We've got our backing Camera working just by fiddling around to. But when I put a DVD in just get a message up in Japanese and won't do anything else. Please help?!?

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » October 29th, 2010, 9:13 am

theres no way that i know of

did alot of research on this

and changed just about every setting

Slayer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Slayer » October 29th, 2010, 3:44 pm

copper_shot, u da man!

for wrx/sti owners with dvd/nav/tv player from japan (strada), this applies to you too!

followed instructions to the word: put in a dvd, clicked the menu button (its all in japanese, so i had to press all the buttons to find the menu button)
an option for AV comes up along with other options in japanese, but the letters "AV" are there at least
the first option after pressing "AV" allows you to set the FM frequency. i used 78.3, the second highest frequency.
the option just below the FM setting cuts off the small speaker behind the player, alternatively you can just turn the volume on the player itself down.

i have a carrozeria deck with jdm frequencies, i also have the little converter that allows you to pick up local stations. when i put the player on 78.3 it picks up the signal, even with the little converter in place, i dont understand it but im not complaining

lol, i was about to rewire the whole setup to hear sound from the dvd player through the car audio system. took me 2 years before i discovered this today

thanks for the info!!

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » May 1st, 2011, 6:28 am

Anyone able to do a Japanese to English conversion/translation yet? My old man's drive comes in the glove box and is able to play DVDs, subtitles and all!

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”