TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

i need a "HOUSE MD" opinion on this one.. (MAF related)

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

i need a "HOUSE MD" opinion on this one.. (MAF related)

Postby Monk BANzai » February 8th, 2012, 1:41 pm

ok..so last friday...start car....warm up nice.(annoy the neighbors dog since i put i nthe new barrels...hehehe) and leave home... drive one block....car starts to go lean...(wideband reading)

reach by the mechanic..car refuses to idle properly under 2000 RPM..but above that it runs good...but its leaning out badly. When we remove the sensor..car runs rich immediately..with not idling issues..... put the sensor back in....lean and rough idle.

Thought it was the MAP sensor, got a new one/replaced that...same issue....

Thought it was an air leak...checked back all the hoses....all is well...same issue...

Reset ECU ....same issue. Did Compression Test. Car is amazingly healthy...(mechanic and other Subaru guys there were jealous...)

Ran a full diagnostics on the car...no issues....all reading correct...

Thought it was fuel pressure so I changed the fuel pump (even though when i removed the sensor the car goes immediately rich..so i nknow its not that...but to appease the minions in my mind i changed it)...same issue.

next on the list (today) is to check back the maps and see if anything is "suddenly" amiss there. Do the Subaru ecu's throw their tuning just like that?

What you doctors say?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Re: i need a "HOUSE MD" opinion on this one.. (MAF related)

Postby SR » February 8th, 2012, 2:13 pm

i have gotten rough idle to the point where the car had no power

fuel seemed always to be the issue

as it always either has happen when i have either just filled up from an almost empty tank or tank was running close to empty

no codes

has happend to me 3 times so far since owning the car

since then i try not to let the tank run to close to empy anymore however i cant explain it either

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 10th, 2012, 3:09 pm

IM HEALED!!!! WHOO HOO!! IM HEALED!!!!

we ran a second diagnostic yesterday and noticed something....the TPS was reading 100% even during the rough idle...and when we pressed the accelerator down....it didnt change...same "100%"...which led us to look at the throttle body....took it down..cleaned it...re-assembled..... all is well....

case solved.

(need to get one of those sawatee scanners though...)

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 10th, 2012, 5:22 pm

mines looks like its pointing to the 02 sensor

kripplerz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kripplerz » March 10th, 2012, 8:01 am

im having similar problems of the sort getting the code po172 (too rich on bank 1) i cleaned the maf cleaned the k and n drop in filter, cleared the code. Car working ok under 4000 rpm after that workin like sheit and and backfiring. its a 2002 sti so today i plan to replace the hks ssq bov and put in the stock recirculating valve. and maybe while i doin that better i clean the trottle body i dunno. Any sugestions. Thanks

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm

kripplers, if you're in the pt lisas area, give barry a call.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » March 11th, 2012, 5:26 pm

kripplerz wrote:im having similar problems of the sort getting the code po172 (too rich on bank 1) i cleaned the maf cleaned the k and n drop in filter, cleared the code. Car working ok under 4000 rpm after that workin like sheit and and backfiring. its a 2002 sti so today i plan to replace the hks ssq bov and put in the stock recirculating valve. and maybe while i doin that better i clean the trottle body i dunno. Any sugestions. Thanks

o2 sensor on its way out most likely.

or bad plugs.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”