Friday, December 19th, 2014

- It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

BANzai Rastafarai
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:41 pm 
2NR MILF Hunter

ok..so last friday...start car....warm up nice.(annoy the neighbors dog since i put i nthe new barrels...hehehe) and leave home... drive one block....car starts to go lean...(wideband reading)

reach by the mechanic..car refuses to idle properly under 2000 RPM..but above that it runs good...but its leaning out badly. When we remove the sensor..car runs rich immediately..with not idling issues..... put the sensor back in....lean and rough idle.

Thought it was the MAP sensor, got a new one/replaced that...same issue....

Thought it was an air leak...checked back all the hoses....all is well...same issue...

Reset ECU ....same issue. Did Compression Test. Car is amazingly healthy...(mechanic and other Subaru guys there were jealous...)

Ran a full diagnostics on the car...no issues....all reading correct...

Thought it was fuel pressure so I changed the fuel pump (even though when i removed the sensor the car goes immediately rich..so i nknow its not that...but to appease the minions in my mind i changed it)...same issue.

next on the list (today) is to check back the maps and see if anything is "suddenly" amiss there. Do the Subaru ecu's throw their tuning just like that?

What you doctors say?

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

SR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm 
Chief Cook & Instigator

i have gotten rough idle to the point where the car had no power

fuel seemed always to be the issue

as it always either has happen when i have either just filled up from an almost empty tank or tank was running close to empty

no codes

has happend to me 3 times so far since owning the car

since then i try not to let the tank run to close to empy anymore however i cant explain it either

BANzai Rastafarai
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:09 pm 
2NR MILF Hunter

IM HEALED!!!! WHOO HOO!! IM HEALED!!!!

we ran a second diagnostic yesterday and noticed something....the TPS was reading 100% even during the rough idle...and when we pressed the accelerator down....it didnt change...same "100%"...which led us to look at the throttle body....took it down..cleaned it...re-assembled..... all is well....

case solved.

(need to get one of those sawatee scanners though...)

SR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:22 pm 
Chief Cook & Instigator

mines looks like its pointing to the 02 sensor

kripplerz
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:01 am 
Street 2NR

im having similar problems of the sort getting the code po172 (too rich on bank 1) i cleaned the maf cleaned the k and n drop in filter, cleared the code. Car working ok under 4000 rpm after that workin like sheit and and backfiring. its a 2002 sti so today i plan to replace the hks ssq bov and put in the stock recirculating valve. and maybe while i doin that better i clean the trottle body i dunno. Any sugestions. Thanks

VexXx Dogg
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

kripplers, if you're in the pt lisas area, give barry a call.

DSM_05
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 pm 
Riding on 16's

kripplerz wrote:
im having similar problems of the sort getting the code po172 (too rich on bank 1) i cleaned the maf cleaned the k and n drop in filter, cleared the code. Car working ok under 4000 rpm after that workin like sheit and and backfiring. its a 2002 sti so today i plan to replace the hks ssq bov and put in the stock recirculating valve. and maybe while i doin that better i clean the trottle body i dunno. Any sugestions. Thanks

o2 sensor on its way out most likely.

or bad plugs.