Saturday, December 20th, 2014



- It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
zando
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:45 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 165
Guys, who did you insure your car with? I looking at a foreighn used legacy wagon 2.0, i called Sagicor and Trinre, Sagicor not gonna insure any Subaru period and and Trinre tell me if they hadda insure any Subaru it would be an Impreza TS, i see a lot of Subarus on the road though, are parts really THAT expensive and rare to the point where they don't wanna insure d cars because of it?? :(


Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Top
 Profile  
 
VexXx Dogg
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 10:23 am
Posts: 9792
Location: Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
My LGT is insured through a broker, first year was 12K w/ 45% NCD.
Insurance and Allied services.


Top
 Profile  
 
air wick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 am 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:51 pm
Posts: 689
I have a wrx and a TS insured by Sagicor

check http://www.jrcoltd.com/ they are agents for Sagicor


Top
 Profile  
 
Lance
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 pm 
Offline
Riding on 18's
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:49 am
Posts: 1849
Location: Arima<--->Leeds, UK
Sagicor blanked me for my wrx (tried through the same company Travis is recommending).

I ended up going third party


Top
 Profile  
 
Ragnarok
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:12 pm
Posts: 313
Location: None
VexXx Dogg wrote:
My LGT is insured through a broker, first year was 12K w/ 45% NCD.
Insurance and Allied services.


Same broker, i insured with maritime through them,first was $7000.00 now like $4000.00


Top
 Profile  
 
zando
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 165
Wow, thanks for the help, filled out their online form and got a quote of bout 11.5k, not bad i think, considering colfire wanted 14k for a TS and 16.5 for a Mazda 3, :shock: but i'll hadda call the broker and see for sure what going on, i feel it will go up...so howcome Sagicor will do it through a broker but not directly? i don't understand that... :|



Travis wrote:
I have a wrx and a TS insured by Sagicor

check http://www.jrcoltd.com/ they are agents for Sagicor


Top
 Profile  
 
Stark Auto Rentals
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR Power Seller
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:03 pm
Posts: 191
I'm insured through Millennium Insurance Brokers with GTM. Cost me abt 12k with no NCD. Someone ran into the back of my car and drove away as well and GTM repaired without me having to pay a cent. They contacted the third party and handled the claim. 2005LGT


Top
 Profile  
 
nemesis
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:50 pm
Posts: 888
Location: Colorado
Had my Legacy with Guardian General. Was told by Maritime that they would insure it also though.


Top
 Profile  
 
original_lollybob
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
I LUV THIS PLACE
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 1024
Location: Escaping disorder
Guardian thru a broker... Paid round 8000 last year.

Can give u the broker's contact if u want


Top
 Profile  
 
SUPERMAN2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:29 am 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 339
Location: trinidad
call timothy 774-6208 tell him shivanand gave u his no he will link u


Top
 Profile  
 
InsanityReigns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 182
I got a lgt insured with guardian General.


Top
 Profile  
 
eurotuner
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 am 
Offline
Riding on 16's

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm
Posts: 1270
Location: in a Neighbourhood full of MUGEN ninjas
Ppl run to these big name insurance companies and they end up getting the shitty end of the stick when they get into accident, my dad been with GTM for ages and never had a problem, im now with them, really nice folks go check them out.


Top
 Profile  
 
jfm001
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:15 am 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 am
Posts: 14
Guardian
Head office
no issues at all 2.0 Turbo Legacy GT


Top
 Profile  
 
Aaron 2NR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:59 am 
Offline
2NR phototakerouter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:28 am
Posts: 5773
My Sti is insured with Maritime..


Top
 Profile  
 
1.6 TURBO
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:42 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:19 pm
Posts: 104
Had my share of insurance woes...I was with guardian for about 10 years with different cars but was with them for 4 years with a WRX...paying less than 1200 for 3rd party...I never made a claim with them...low and behold I get a quote for Jan 2014 for 4500...so i assumed it was a mistake. When the insurance called me to remind me that my insurance is due I asked about the high quote. They telling me that they now realize I have a subaru WRX with them...so I say I have insurance with alyuh for 10 years and never made a claim, plus for the past 4 years I was paying under 1200 and now alyuh want to charge me more...we'll the girl on the line telling me ent ah subaru is a sports car...so you have to pay more...I ask them for my no claim letter...thinking I will go to capital...dem does insure anything...well to my surprise dey refuse to insure the wrx and worse yet...dey not insuring any subaru...according to the staff in Sando....so I end up in Nagicor...which was GTM before...1600 for 3rd party with a 35% no claim discount???oh and by the way I called tatil and they said NO. And maritime which I have a legacy with and they also said NO...for all these companies to be saying no means that a decision must have been made by the body that controls all insurance companies in Trinidad...strange when Subaru is advertised to be a very safe car in the US...LOVE now that's a Subaru....lol


Top
 Profile  
 
novastar1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 am 
Offline
Trinituner Peong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:02 pm
Posts: 476
Location: San Fernando
I always thought third party was insuring the driver, not really the car. Am I wrong?


Top
 Profile  
 
Grudge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am
Posts: 228
Location: Maraval
Trinre


Top
 Profile  
 
GTR Fever
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 am
Posts: 189
WRX - GTM (fully comp on driver younger than 25)
STi - GTM (third party - company name)
TS - Guardian life (fully comp - company name)

Been insuring with GTM/ Nagico for several years and never a problem


Top
 Profile  
 
novastar1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline
Trinituner Peong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:02 pm
Posts: 476
Location: San Fernando
1.6 TURBO wrote:
Had my share of insurance woes...I was with guardian for about 10 years with different cars but was with them for 4 years with a WRX...paying less than 1200 for 3rd party...I never made a claim with them...low and behold I get a quote for Jan 2014 for 4500...so i assumed it was a mistake. When the insurance called me to remind me that my insurance is due I asked about the high quote. They telling me that they now realize I have a subaru WRX with them...so I say I have insurance with alyuh for 10 years and never made a claim, plus for the past 4 years I was paying under 1200 and now alyuh want to charge me more...we'll the girl on the line telling me ent ah subaru is a sports car...so you have to pay more...I ask them for my no claim letter...thinking I will go to capital...dem does insure anything...well to my surprise dey refuse to insure the wrx and worse yet...dey not insuring any subaru...according to the staff in Sando....so I end up in Nagicor...which was GTM before...1600 for 3rd party with a 35% no claim discount???oh and by the way I called tatil and they said NO. And maritime which I have a legacy with and they also said NO...for all these companies to be saying no means that a decision must have been made by the body that controls all insurance companies in Trinidad...strange when Subaru is advertised to be a very safe car in the US...LOVE now that's a Subaru....lol


I've found myself in this situation as well.
Will go to guardian tomorrow to see what's the reason for their 300% increase
As I have no claims and they actually increased the no claim discount
Anyone have suggestions?
May end up with other insurance company if they tell me the nonsense they told 1.6 TURBO


Top
 Profile  
 
Aaron 2NR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:31 pm 
Offline
2NR phototakerouter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:28 am
Posts: 5773
My sti is insured with maritime tho...no issues...


Top
 Profile  
 
Lance
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 am 
Offline
Riding on 18's
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:49 am
Posts: 1849
Location: Arima<--->Leeds, UK
novastar1 wrote:
1.6 TURBO wrote:
Had my share of insurance woes...I was with guardian for about 10 years with different cars but was with them for 4 years with a WRX...paying less than 1200 for 3rd party...I never made a claim with them...low and behold I get a quote for Jan 2014 for 4500...so i assumed it was a mistake. When the insurance called me to remind me that my insurance is due I asked about the high quote. They telling me that they now realize I have a subaru WRX with them...so I say I have insurance with alyuh for 10 years and never made a claim, plus for the past 4 years I was paying under 1200 and now alyuh want to charge me more...we'll the girl on the line telling me ent ah subaru is a sports car...so you have to pay more...I ask them for my no claim letter...thinking I will go to capital...dem does insure anything...well to my surprise dey refuse to insure the wrx and worse yet...dey not insuring any subaru...according to the staff in Sando....so I end up in Nagicor...which was GTM before...1600 for 3rd party with a 35% no claim discount???oh and by the way I called tatil and they said NO. And maritime which I have a legacy with and they also said NO...for all these companies to be saying no means that a decision must have been made by the body that controls all insurance companies in Trinidad...strange when Subaru is advertised to be a very safe car in the US...LOVE now that's a Subaru....lol


I've found myself in this situation as well.
Will go to guardian tomorrow to see what's the reason for their 300% increase
As I have no claims and they actually increased the no claim discount
Anyone have suggestions?
May end up with other insurance company if they tell me the nonsense they told 1.6 TURBO


I had huge issues when I tried to insure my Wrx was well.

I did a lot of checking before I bought the car and got some insane quotes together with outright rejections. GTM gave me some ridiculous figure.

Capital told me no right out and sagicor was willing to give me a quote until they realized I was under 25.

Out of frustration I ended up signing the ownership to my father who then was able to arrange something.

Insurance companies in Trinidad are highly unsystematic, uninformed and boarder line unethical.

While it is in any insurance company's best interest to project their risk position, these guys are so unreasonable


Top
 Profile  
 
nervewrecker
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:14 pm 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Posts: 15673
Location: Gone with Leroy mudda, not Paranging though
Gg blank me.

Gtm is not nagicor now?


Top
 Profile  
 
SR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:33 pm 
Offline
Chief Cook & Instigator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:11 pm
Posts: 12087
All insurance companies are highway robbery....


Top
 Profile  
 
nervewrecker
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:34 pm 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Posts: 15673
Location: Gone with Leroy mudda, not Paranging though
Well I can't drive without insurance.

Need insurance from a reputable company.


Top
 Profile  
 
original_lollybob
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:06 am 
Offline
I LUV THIS PLACE
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 1024
Location: Escaping disorder
GG blank u?

dafuq? all three of mine (1 current) were insured there

Fidelity Insurance Brokers Ltd
54-56 Independence Av San Fernando
868-652-6929

pretty sure they can sort u out

good luck


Top
 Profile  
 
VexXx Dogg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 10:23 am
Posts: 9792
Location: Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
nerve, did you try going through the broker?
Insurance and Allied Services.

Nagicor should handle it and they've done it for me in the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
nervewrecker
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:41 pm 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Posts: 15673
Location: Gone with Leroy mudda, not Paranging though
VexXx Dogg wrote:
nerve, did you try going through the broker?
Insurance and Allied Services.

Nagicor should handle it and they've done it for me in the past.

I might get it insured with the same company it's insured with right now. That was my main issue with it so hopefully she comes home with me soon.
Just need my car sold now, need to find the time to take out all the music etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
R.P.J
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:47 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 172
Try massy insurance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: **PEGASUS**, 4a70, 4agze16v, 8414, Adrian63, akilharry, angelus, asoogrim, AutoSport, benq, big jon, Bing [Bot], Black Scorpion, blackberry1234, Camo lion, caryachee, CCS, chilli_sbob, civic minded, Comfort, computercentral, dawgscrew, deivid, Dillon3654, douglaking, Dragsta, Dylz305, falken, FullStop, Google [Bot], heads, hornchile, iamsam, ICE, icebyte, jason xxx, javishm, Joshie23, KANICK!, karenlucy, Karim Khan, Knight Rider, Lancer22, lifebegins@180, luckeydude, mango_chow, marlon6, marvinalex24, mrg1976, mya123, narentoolsie, newrider1200, nissan/nothing, noise maker, pales, Paullct, pimp, pioneer, playerskrew, prettyboyflloyd, Project-JDM, proton17, Queen BB, Ramesh civic, red bwoy, richbais, rickro$$, rmspower, sdm141, shaggy1984, shivapersad, south69, sramnarase, steven dk, steven923, stuntaholic, SurGTR, Team2lo2flo, tech123, tech_two, teron123, terry25, Toyotajunkie, treav316, treeneeboi, TriniAutoMart, trishala, trvs, unciviclized, vishnu2112, vs2651, wrxdevil., Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR