TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

BL5 Legacy noise

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

turbonator
Chronic TriniTuner

BL5 Legacy noise

Postby turbonator » February 19th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Well this morning I noticed that there was a rattling sound coming from under the car. I checked under the car to see if any of exhaust shields were slack and rattling but the sound seems to be coming form the back of the engine, kinda like between the engine and the diff :? . If I rev the engine a bit the frequency of the rattling increases. Has anyone experienced any thing like this? Its the 'ticking' sound in the video, I recorded the video from under the car directly under the front diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reSyWnc3wws

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: BL5 Legacy noise

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 19th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Do you have an aftermarket wastegate actuator?
In any case, check to see if it is loose and the IWG is flapping. Happened to me with an aftermarket turbo setup.

turbonator
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby turbonator » February 19th, 2014, 7:48 pm

The wastegate actuator is stock, also the sound does not seem to be coming from by the turbo but I'll still check it out. When I went under the car and the sound is loudest just around the jacking point under the front of the car, where the engine meets the diff/transmission. I just noticed that when i shift into drive or reverse the sound gets louder for about a second then it goes back down :(

turbonator
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby turbonator » February 24th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Just an update, the noise was coming from a plastic shield at the base of the engine that broke and came into contact with the torque converter/flywheel assembly, nothing too serious (thank God). Also thanks to barry from garage 61 for his assistance.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”