TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

header fitment & brake conversion question

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

header fitment & brake conversion question

Postby Soundstream_626 » July 2nd, 2015, 9:31 am

Guys I have an 08 impreza hatch with the el15 engine, do yall know if the uel headers from the ej20 will bolt up on the el15 and also will I experience any negative effects if I change my exhaust piping to 2.5 diameter ?

Also the rear brakes are drums, is there any model I can get a donor rear disc setup that will fit? I dont mind any slight modification to accommodate this.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Re: header fitment & brake conversion question

Postby Big Z » July 2nd, 2015, 11:59 am

How much power does your engine make, and what is your final goal?

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » July 2nd, 2015, 2:35 pm

I saw online they said this engine makes ~107hp. I`m not interested in any drastic speed increase, I just want it to be a little more nimble in the lower range and well... I want the rumble :oops:

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » July 2nd, 2015, 4:16 pm

Get a cold air intake. This usually increases low end torque. 50 to 55mm id pipe should be just right for your application.
Leave the stock exhaust. Bigger piping and free flow barrels usually reduce low end torque.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » July 3rd, 2015, 8:45 am

Soundstream_626 wrote:Guys I have an 08 impreza hatch with the el15 engine, do yall know if the uel headers from the ej20 will bolt up on the el15 and also will I experience any negative effects if I change my exhaust piping to 2.5 diameter ?

Also the rear brakes are drums, is there any model I can get a donor rear disc setup that will fit? I dont mind any slight modification to accommodate this.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any pictures of the EL15 headers? Being that most EJ20's are turbocharged, the header might be designed differently.

The headers from a 02-07 TS might work though.

However, EL headers are more efficient than the UEL counterparts. So you need to also keep that in mind.

Regarding the rear brakes, it might be best to get the entire rear splindle assembly if you are looking into this swap.

The TS might have issues with the rear conversion as the caliper brackets might be different. I can't say for sure

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » July 3rd, 2015, 2:24 pm

I will have to crawl under and take some pics and measurements then. This is what I saw on Wikipedia:

The (Japanese: Subaru EL engine) replaced the EJ15 and is used in the JDM Subaru Impreza 1.5R (series GD, GG, GE, GH) starting with model year 2006. It is based on the EJ engine and shares many components, like the crankshaft from the EJ25. It has DOHC cylinder heads with AVCS variable valve timing on the intake.

Thanks for the replies. I will do some more searching.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”