Mazda 3 or 2008 Corolla...

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TurboDrive
Riding on 17's

Postby TurboDrive » April 17th, 2008, 8:49 am

villain wrote:
Computerman wrote:
x2floor wrote:oh yes......the sheit i does read.
Like yuh does buy that magazine too? :lol:

x2floor wrote:in a nutshell there are lemons and there are people who just don't take care of their vehicles because of ignorance therefore they are quick to blame the auto makers.
Damn straight! :!:

so why is the general problem with mazda's is the tranny or
b14 is the head...(happened to me and i went by a neal and massy mech and was told that this was a problem happening with all these cars)
or the lancers that some magnet on (im not sure so correct me if im wrong) on the tps does fall off...etc etc...

i believe what you say that majority of the time people are to blame for their car problems but i also believe that certain cars come with certain factory weakness....

another eg... the air maf sensors for my car zm de had a mass recall some time ago because they found it to be faulty in a number of cars...

How would one know if the MAF sensor is the updated one or a pre recall one. Enlighten me please :oops: .

villain
Riding on 16's

Postby villain » April 18th, 2008, 1:07 pm

i dunno i guess check online for the part no. of search for the recall incident and see if they give you more info.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 18th, 2008, 2:33 pm

trini mk5 wrote:D truth is that they don't make cars to last as long as the years b4..thats how they make their money..faster turnover.
The toyota corolla is a nice everyday car not a handful to handle..well as a matter of fact none of the cars in this discussion r a handful,but a nice feminine car, easy to drive and has a lil zip in it(VVT-I). Its a toyota so good reliability and good resale.
The mazda has a nice sporty look to it and it handles pretty well too,but the 1.6l lacks grunt of any kind..oh BTW the mazda 3 that we read about in car mags etc are not the same ones we are blessed wit in our twin ISLAND republic..but it gets good praises nontheless.
The lancer was always an anemic performer(ralliart or watever) except the evo models but as an everyday car it can pass..the looks not too sure.
SUBARU 1.6l BIG WASTE OF TIME(mite as well jus take d bus route) And have you seen that engine bay..all that drama for a 1.6 :cry: [/b]
And transmissions are normally lazy..no matter wat they call them nothing really beats a good ol manual.

Even if it have the STi body kit and gold rims?

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 18th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Daren 3NE 2NR wrote:finally.. thanks for the info. seems to be consistent with I'm hearing all round. it's a pity though since the Mazda 3 got such great reviews in other countries. guess that's what poor service will do to any business.

What about the Euro Ford Focus. I think it's about 145K or thereabouts. Don't know about after sales service but the vehicle is a solid cruiser....has that nice European feel to it. The Ghia trim level has a great interior and lots of safety features standard. It's also related to the Mazda 3 and it gets very good reviews in Europe...unlike it's US version which is shite.

Test drive one before you make up your mind.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 19th, 2008, 1:35 pm

don't all the local yaris come with the 1.3 NON vvti?

The normal Yaris and Daihatsu Sirion comes with the standard 1.3 DOHC 16V engine but the Yaris with the 6 airbags, fog lights, spoiler and 15" alloy rims comes with the 1.3 DOHC 16V VVT-i engine which brings me to this point since someone mentioned a Subaru Impreza 1.6TS.....let me say this:

Just reach Trincity traffic lights driving a VVT-i 1.3 Yaris and a fella revving he 1.6TS ofcourse he took off the badge and have an STI sticker in the back, a fat exhaust, hood scoop and 18" gold rims. Hell he even had some fins in the rear and the subie spoiler and massive stock fog lights etc..I see he have some meters on the pillar but on further analysis its them temp/pressure meters he simply bolt on there and ofcourse the tach but he feel he have a WRX or something with them rear drum brakes being the big giveaway. I gave him about 100 car lenths by the time I reach the Macoya lights......I mean sheit man, I know I driving sheit but the 1.6TS is equivalent to a B12 1.5

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » April 21st, 2008, 3:14 pm

x2floor wrote:
don't all the local yaris come with the 1.3 NON vvti?

The normal Yaris and Daihatsu Sirion comes with the standard 1.3 DOHC 16V engine but the Yaris with the 6 airbags, fog lights, spoiler and 15" alloy rims comes with the 1.3 DOHC 16V VVT-i engine which brings me to this point since someone mentioned a Subaru Impreza 1.6TS.....let me say this:

Just reach Trincity traffic lights driving a VVT-i 1.3 Yaris and a fella revving he 1.6TS ofcourse he took off the badge and have an STI sticker in the back, a fat exhaust, hood scoop and 18" gold rims. Hell he even had some fins in the rear and the subie spoiler and massive stock fog lights etc..I see he have some meters on the pillar but on further analysis its them temp/pressure meters he simply bolt on there and ofcourse the tach but he feel he have a WRX or something with them rear drum brakes being the big giveaway. I gave him about 100 car lenths by the time I reach the Macoya lights......I mean sheit man, I know I driving sheit but the 1.6TS is equivalent to a B12 1.5
And i sure u wasn't x-board..:lol: I knw wat u mean it have some fellars dat feel dem bubaru is d next best ting. I tink d only ting it have goin for it is that it 4wd and all d sti/wrx trinkets to make look "fast"

red bwoy
Riding on 16's

Postby red bwoy » April 21st, 2008, 8:34 pm

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ dais why we does call de ricers not racers dat is de riciest look yuh culd find out dey de full sti clothes buh yuh runnin drum brakes tuh frighten who mih old ded granny :fist: :fist:

KrAzYBoY
Sweet on this forum

Postby KrAzYBoY » April 28th, 2008, 11:33 am

Don't no bout the rest, but the Corolla seems like the best bet, even though i'm a Mazda fan. The new Corolla is estimated @ 35 mpg. The way food prices r up, its only a matter of time until the gas price goes up...Daz ywhy ppl r goin back to diesel vehicles ( Just my opinion :wink: )

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » April 28th, 2008, 11:56 am

Am thinking of buying a Mazda 3 myself

Is parts hard or expensive to get for this vehicle???

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 28th, 2008, 6:04 pm

^^^^its harder to get parts for the Mazda 3 (BK) more so than a 323 (BJ) and a Corolla NZE120 series for obvious reasons. The Corolla NZE is out since 2000 whereas the Mazda only came out in 2003. Corolla's are plentiful as they're cheaper. But the Mazda 3 is getting even more popular now roro since the 323 BJ has been phased out.....so its only a matter of time when those parts would be more readily accessible. Even the dealership has parts but I'm pretty sure they won't sell a new part for a roro vehicle.

Go roro

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » April 29th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Thanks for the info x2floor

I noticed the audio setup in these cars

can you change the headunit to like a single or double Din deck???

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 29th, 2008, 1:40 pm

villain wrote:when you say 1.8 you mean the 1.8 vvti feels unimpressive?..
try to run one of them celica's with one nah :mrgreen:
the corolla 1.6 vvti its heavy and handling sucks but in a straight line it moves for a heavy a$$ car (i have one at home and well as a mazda 323)

the 2.0 mazda 3 gets cut a$$ until it reachs top end ...righttt up and then its with me...a 1.6 manual....automatic makes all cars lazy and does not really show the true performance of an engine...

never driven a civic or a 2 litre lancer so i cant comment on performance...but i have been driven in the civic and its quite nice :oops: i dunno what people does be bashing civic for? as for the lancer ive only driven the 1.6 and that has gotten washed by a manual wingroad :oops:

GTS Celica has the 1.8 VVTL-i motor.....I think x2floor was referring to the 1.6 and 1.8 vvt-i engines.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » April 29th, 2008, 1:49 pm

celica GT comes with 1.8 vvti, what do honda men know about anything other than vtec? :evil:

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 29th, 2008, 1:53 pm

ghostbusters wrote:celica GT comes with 1.8 vvti, what do honda men know about anything other than vtec? :evil:

ok....let me try to make it simple for you....x2floor was commenting that the 1.8 was not spectacular....villain said try to run a Celica with it. I was pointing out that the performance of the Celica may most likely be because it has the 1.8 VVTL-i motor not the 1.8 vvt-i....big difference here.

Notice I said GTS Celica.

Do you always have to show ur ignorance? :roll:

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 29th, 2008, 9:40 pm

^^true......remember ghostbusters the 1.8 found in the celica has more aggressive cams, ie. 2ZZ-GE i think, its more powerful than the 2ZR-FE which has VVT on both intake and exhaust (dual VVT-i). As mentioned by ek4ever, the Celica GTS has VVTLi on both cams. The NZE120 chassis as the optional 1ZZ-FE i believe which is VVT-i on intake only.

Honda's equivalent is the B18C which has up to 200HP and 182Nm of torque on the previous ITR, more than the aforementioned GTS with 190PS and 180Nm.

villain
Riding on 16's

Postby villain » April 30th, 2008, 8:12 am

how much does the 2.0 accord ivtec does push out?...it does walk away from me but seemingly with some difficultly

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 30th, 2008, 10:12 am

villain wrote:how much does the 2.0 accord ivtec does push out?...it does walk away from me but seemingly with some difficultly

I believe it's 155 PS @6500rpm with torque at 18.0kgm at 5000rpm

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » May 1st, 2008, 4:39 pm

Bosse wrote:Thanks for the info x2floor

Anybody???

allon4
Street 2NR

Postby allon4 » May 1st, 2008, 11:29 pm

Bosse wrote:
Bosse wrote:Thanks for the info x2floor

Anybody???

Yeah anyone? I was told the best i could do was get an ipod interface or another mazda 3 deck on ebay

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » May 2nd, 2008, 9:27 am

yes actually you can! I came across a website where this dude changed the face cover on the Mazda 3 and 6 to the single DIN and double DIN. I think I saw it on the car audio or crutchfield magazines as well.

how much does the 2.0 accord ivtec does push out?...it does walk away from me but seemingly with some difficultly

148HP according to our local brochure and 190Nm of torque.

villain
Riding on 16's

Postby villain » May 2nd, 2008, 4:13 pm

ok cool

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”