Forums

The Mazda 3 thread

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Mazda 3 thread

Postby cinco » July 29th, 2014, 5:07 pm

I still dont know how everyone thinks they have a camber problem with the 3 a proper alignment shop knows the car has factory neg camber and know how to compensate for that.
If u gonna drop 2k on camber arms you better buy good stuff as nexxus said

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » July 29th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Yeah, camber kit is not necessary unless you drop as I have read. I am on coil overs but didn't drop my car due to parking logistics but I have a camber kit installed because of my left side got messed up and it was easy to get in hand. The Eibach and SPC are good as well as the Megan but again not necessary. And again, you do get what you pay for so don't play with suspension and Google is your friend.

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » July 30th, 2014, 11:53 am

I have been asking a long time for prices and where can I find a camber kit. When I do get and decide to sell, all of a sudden men knows the prices for them... Smh..

My hatchback needs cambering. The wheels look awkward and I don't think it's normal. I believe I bought the car dropped (RORO) it touches humps when I have load also. I'm using 205/55 tyres 16 OEM and it touches below regularly.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 30th, 2014, 1:11 pm

what condition are your shocks and shock mounts?
change those and see if it helps your ride height and camber issues

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » July 30th, 2014, 1:22 pm

I change both front and back shocks already. I change front shock mounts about 5 times, don't know why the mounts keeps going bad and it seems I have to change the pair again. I'm hearing the noise.

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » July 30th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Also my my rear tyre goes bad after a while. It makes noise like my bearings gone bad. So definitely something wrong.

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » July 30th, 2014, 7:20 pm

The Mazda 3 does have shitty wear on the back that you can't avoid. It even happens on the Mazda 5. The noise you are hearing from the tires cutting bad I believe is called cupping. You can get the camber kits online to buy and just ship it in. Check to make sure your springs are not cut as I saw you mention that the car came with a drop, this could be putting undue strain on the suspension. Also make sure is not the strut bearing that came apart, and buy good after market mounts like those from ROCA; a branch off of Megan or just get the OEM ones if you haven't, the last time I checked they are not badly priced.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 30th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Its a foreign used so have u ever check for chassis damage?

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » July 30th, 2014, 8:56 pm

No I never think about doing that.

xNeXuSx
3NE 2NR for life

Postby xNeXuSx » July 30th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Tim85 wrote:I have been asking a long time for prices and where can I find a camber kit. When I do get and decide to sell, all of a sudden men knows the prices for them... Smh..

Tim85 didn't I send you a PM a while back mentioning Eibach/SPC and Dominant Engineering camber arms? It was right around the time I sold my car if I remember correctly.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 30th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Tim85 wrote:No I never think about doing that.

Check for bent cradles and lateral arms and stuff. Foren abused is hit or miss with good cars

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:46 am

Guys I'm looking for a 2006 Mazda 3 right side mirror. Powered. Any suggestions where I can get it? My Mirror has the adjustment when car on reverse also. (But don't really need to get that again). Thanks.

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:53 am

cinco wrote:
Tim85 wrote:No I never think about doing that.

Check for bent cradles and lateral arms and stuff. Foren abused is hit or miss with good cars

Thanks bro I will..

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:54 am

Wildcard26 wrote:The Mazda 3 does have shitty wear on the back that you can't avoid. It even happens on the Mazda 5. The noise you are hearing from the tires cutting bad I believe is called cupping. You can get the camber kits online to buy and just ship it in. Check to make sure your springs are not cut as I saw you mention that the car came with a drop, this could be putting undue strain on the suspension. Also make sure is not the strut bearing that came apart, and buy good after market mounts like those from ROCA; a branch off of Megan or just get the OEM ones if you haven't, the last time I checked they are not badly priced.

Thanks for the info bro, will take note of that.

xNeXuSx
3NE 2NR for life

Postby xNeXuSx » August 2nd, 2014, 4:15 pm

Tim85 wrote:Guys I'm looking for a 2006 Mazda 3 right side mirror. Powered. Any suggestions where I can get it? My Mirror has the adjustment when car on reverse also. (But don't really need to get that again). Thanks.

RockAuto, that's where I got mine when my driver's side broke. Locally, check with M&N's in The Bamboo, they might have used it, or Eco-Drive Enterprises on Tuner...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=438527

Tim85
Street 2NR

Postby Tim85 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:37 pm

xNeXuSx wrote:
Tim85 wrote:Guys I'm looking for a 2006 Mazda 3 right side mirror. Powered. Any suggestions where I can get it? My Mirror has the adjustment when car on reverse also. (But don't really need to get that again). Thanks.

RockAuto, that's where I got mine when my driver's side broke. Locally, check with M&N's in The Bamboo, they might have used it, or Eco-Drive Enterprises on Tuner...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=438527

Thanks bro, will take a look.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » August 3rd, 2014, 8:51 pm

Guys, just a heads up. I found engine and shock mounts at Zita's in Elsocorro.

Didn't realise how badly damaged the drivers side engine mount was causing the car to vibrate. Now I can hardly tell when I start the car. Engine was resting on the mount frame :shock:

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 4th, 2014, 1:30 am

noshownogo wrote:Guys, just a heads up. I found engine and shock mounts at Zita's in Elsocorro.

Didn't realise how badly damaged the drivers side engine mount was causing the car to vibrate. Now I can hardly tell when I start the car. Engine was resting on the mount frame :shock:
were the mounts OEM Mazda or an aftermarket brand?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 4th, 2014, 7:41 am

I buy nok brand mounts from mathuras in st james. Best oem replacement imo
Edit thats for my bj323 but check them see if they have the mz3 mounts

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 17th, 2014, 11:05 am

Anyone know if the rotors on the Mazda 3 are the same for 1.6 and 2.0 models? My car is the SDM model with 4 wheel discs.

My fronts are slightly warped and most likely need changing, so I'm looking at buying replacements online. Will the front rotors for the USDM Mazda 3i model work on my SDM 1.6L?

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » August 17th, 2014, 12:21 pm

At a glance, they seem the same but I can't confirm. I think the difference is with the 2.3l and no diffo with the 1.6l vs 2.0l but some would need to confirm.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » August 18th, 2014, 7:57 pm

noshownogo wrote:Guys, just a heads up. I found engine and shock mounts at Zita's in Elsocorro.

what price you got them for? getting a slight shake on my mz3 when stand still, so might check it out

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » August 23rd, 2014, 10:52 am

konartis wrote:

what price you got them for? getting a slight shake on my mz3 when stand still, so might check it out

If its the oil filled mount? paid about $1,240 before vat and disc at SS back in June

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » August 23rd, 2014, 11:14 pm

Had a crack in my coolant bottle and changed it out, since i got that crack short time after when i mash the gas the engine makes a rattle sound just as i mash the X (sounds like when u pull a tie strap) having changed the bottle, the noise is still there, only wen the engine is hot...under the hood is also heated, temp guage is on half(normal temp since new). Any ideas?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 24th, 2014, 12:20 am

konartis wrote:Had a crack in my coolant bottle and changed it out, since i got that crack short time after when i mash the gas the engine makes a rattle sound just as i mash the X (sounds like when u pull a tie strap) having changed the bottle, the noise is still there, only wen the engine is hot...under the hood is also heated, temp guage is on half(normal temp since new). Any ideas?

You are getting knock.
Check your knock sensor and coilpacks/plugs

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » August 24th, 2014, 9:57 am

How would i know if the coil packs are bad?

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » August 24th, 2014, 7:53 pm

originalbling wrote:
konartis wrote:

If its the oil filled mount? paid about $1,240 before vat and disc at SS back in June

$550 for the drivers side mount at Zita's.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » August 24th, 2014, 8:02 pm

cinco wrote:
konartis wrote:Had a crack in my coolant bottle and changed it out, since i got that crack short time after when i mash the gas the engine makes a rattle sound just as i mash the X (sounds like when u pull a tie strap) having changed the bottle, the noise is still there, only wen the engine is hot...under the hood is also heated, temp guage is on half(normal temp since new). Any ideas?

You are getting knock.

ive realized that the temp on the car isnt crossing half, and that the engine gets really hot and the fan doesnt come on, wondering how long would it take for the engine fan comes on? the two hoses running from teh coolant overflow bottle is really hott, the left side of the radiator alot of heat is coming out of it, saw a slight smoke there also, switched off the engine and turned it on again, the smoke never came back, behind the engine also is getting really hott, i kep revving the engine but the fan isnt coming on. any ideas?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 24th, 2014, 8:22 pm

noshownogo wrote:
originalbling wrote:
konartis wrote:

$550 for the drivers side mount at Zita's.
At $550, that's definitely not the OEM oil filled Mazda mount. The aftermarket ones aren't oil filled, hence why they're so much cheaper.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 24th, 2014, 8:32 pm

konartis wrote:
cinco wrote:

You are getting knock.

ive realized that the temp on the car isnt crossing half, and that the engine gets really hot and the fan doesnt come on, wondering how long would it take for the engine fan comes on? the two hoses running from teh coolant overflow bottle is really hott, the left side of the radiator alot of heat is coming out of it, saw a slight smoke there also, switched off the engine and turned it on again, the smoke never came back, behind the engine also is getting really hott, i kep revving the engine but the fan isnt coming on. any ideas?

Put on the ac and see if the fans come on.
Rarely you would get the temp up enough for fans to come on while idling you would need to drive hard a bit and then check he fans

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”