Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

red bwoy
Riding on 16's

Postby red bwoy » May 16th, 2009, 8:50 am

anyone have the workshop manual for de m3 point mih whe ah could get it nah

kaviman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kaviman » May 18th, 2009, 12:18 pm

i have a 06 from the firm.... thinkin bout trading it in or sellin it for another mazda... any suggestions???

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » May 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

^take the new 6 or CX-7 :shock:

^xcalibur^
Street 2NR

Postby ^xcalibur^ » July 5th, 2009, 2:48 pm

where can i locate mudguards?

2kRyan

Postby 2kRyan » July 8th, 2009, 12:37 am

Lookin for the screw-in type antenna and back mud guards for the Mazda 3
Any suggestions ????

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » July 8th, 2009, 3:40 pm

red bwoy wrote:anyone have the workshop manual for de m3 point mih whe ah could get it nah

me too!

i have for the familia and the mazda6, but can't get one for the 3

sr18
3NE 2NR for life

Hand Brake Adjustment,...Plz Help

Postby sr18 » July 24th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Guys i need to noe if anyone did a handbrake adjustment on there car, i have a 2004 model Mazda 3 with rear hub, brake shoes and i need to noe how to adjust the hand brakes..plz....

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » July 24th, 2009, 10:55 pm

lift up center console by handbrake put the handbrake down and tighten clockwise, careful not to overtighten

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » August 18th, 2009, 12:47 pm

http://www.mazdacarparts.co.uk/info/ebc ... s/mazda/3/

^^this site has part numbers for the mazda3

could be useful for some of you

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » August 18th, 2009, 2:29 pm

was actually looking for this, thanks

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » September 10th, 2009, 12:20 pm

where could i get a cold air intake the mazda3 locally. btw its a 1.6 auto. searching online but it didnt come across any

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 13th, 2009, 8:53 am

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/installation ... da3cai.htm

personally, i prefer to use a k&n drop in filter, most CAI's need to be run close to the wheel well. If you drive through a flood yuh facked.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » September 13th, 2009, 11:51 am

i made mine will post pix later

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » September 14th, 2009, 9:00 am

who would like to turbo charge the mazda 1.6, i found this online.

The Mazda 3 bolt-on turbo kit is S$4200 and shipping via air parcel post is approximately S$600. Payment is via Wire Transfer or PayPal. Delivery is 2 weeks on receipt of payment.

This kit also includes:
Brand New Garrett T25 turbo with cast iron manifold and wastegate
Down pipe with gasket
Heat Shield
Stainless Braided Hoses for Turbo Water/Oil Pipes
Injector interface block with 2 additional injectors
Blow off valve
Brand New High flow front mount intercooler with all mounting hardware,
pressure tubes, rubber hose connections and clamps
ECU with LCD Display showing boost, fuel settings & turbo timer
Oil return line fitting
Piping to Original Air Intake
One Year Warranty on Parts

Note that the cast-iron manifolds are more expensive as they are used on stock turbocharged models and have less tendencies to leak or crack due to
the weight & heat of the turbo. Cracked manifolds can cause exhaust smell and danger into the cabin and reduced performance. Less comebacks to the workshop.

Large turbos such as used on Subarus suffer from 'turbo-lag', meaning that your gains in torque & power starts at a higher rpm. This means that you
will only experience the torque only when you rev-up the engine, usually from 3000rpm or higher. This will significantly impact on the low-end and
hence, fuel consumption. Using a properly sized turbo based on the engine capacity, the turbo spools up faster allowing you to develop the gains in
torque & power earlier, improving the acceleration without having to rev-up the engine. The impact on the fuel consumption will not be as significant as
on setups with large turbos. Improved Drivability will be the essence of the ADM Bolt-On Turbo Kit coupled with reasonable fuel consumption. The turbo
kit for the Mazda 3 1.6 starts to build boost at 1800 rpm about 1psi at 2000 & 4psi at 3500rpm.

You can expect a power gain of about 50-60 bhp and our kits have been dynoed locally at 154bhp for the Vios 1.5 VVTi engine and 160bhp (base 102bhp) for the Mazda 3 1.6 (with stock exhaust) at safe boost levels of 7psi and 210bhp for Toyota Wish 1.8 at 8psi. Observe the torque increases as this is where you will get the surge in acceleration. There is no need to touch the engine internals. http://www.autodesigns.com.sg/DynoChart-M3.jpg

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » September 15th, 2009, 8:36 pm

bump

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 16th, 2009, 9:16 pm

rainman, I was just tonite going to start a thread to find out where all the RORO 1.6 Mazda 3 owners get their parts. I was reading through this thread and saw that earlier on you were asking many of the same questions that I'm now asking as a new RORO 3 owner. Did you ever get any answers?

I only very recently got the same model - RORO, 1.6L, 4 wheel disc brakes, auto. I'm finding it difficult to locate parts for it outside of Southern Sales. Even then, SS don't like to sell parts to the owners of cars that weren't bought from them.

I totally understand them not wanting to service the RORO cars (not that I would want them to work on my car anyway), but selling parts too? I think that's a bit much. Ah well, shipping in from foreign FTW.

Even if I could get parts from SS, I'm not sure they would have parts for our rear wheels/suspension, especially parts such as pads, wheel bearings, etc. Since the local model came with rear drums, I'm assuming these parts for the rear from the dealer would be different.

On a side, it's difficult to locate parts out of the US also, since the 1.6 wasn't sold there. Does anyone know if routine replacement parts for the brakes, suspension (pads, bearings, bushings, etc.) are the same for the 2.0 and 1.6 models?

That would make it much easier to locate and source parts in the US - then we won't have to rely on SS and tolerate their dealership prices and attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car, but I feel more comfortable knowing that I can get parts easily, as it is with my BJ model 323.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 17th, 2009, 9:37 pm

dredman1 wrote:rainman, I was just tonite going to start a thread to find out where all the RORO 1.6 Mazda 3 owners get their parts. I was reading through this thread and saw that earlier on you were asking many of the same questions that I'm now asking as a new RORO 3 owner. Did you ever get any answers?

I only very recently got the same model - RORO, 1.6L, 4 wheel disc brakes, auto. I'm finding it difficult to locate parts for it outside of Southern Sales. Even then, SS don't like to sell parts to the owners of cars that weren't bought from them.

I totally understand them not wanting to service the RORO cars (not that I would want them to work on my car anyway), but selling parts too? I think that's a bit much. Ah well, shipping in from foreign FTW.

Even if I could get parts from SS, I'm not sure they would have parts for our rear wheels/suspension, especially parts such as pads, wheel bearings, etc. Since the local model came with rear drums, I'm assuming these parts for the rear from the dealer would be different.

On a side, it's difficult to locate parts out of the US also, since the 1.6 wasn't sold there. Does anyone know if routine replacement parts for the brakes, suspension (pads, bearings, bushings, etc.) are the same for the 2.0 and 1.6 models?

That would make it much easier to locate and source parts in the US - then we won't have to rely on SS and tolerate their dealership prices and attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car, but I feel more comfortable knowing that I can get parts easily, as it is with my BJ model 323.

what parts are you having trouble finding? what i usually do is email mazda in singapore for the part number and sometimes they oblige, sometimes they don't.

what im basically doing now is trying to compile a list of interchangeable parts for our cars i.e suspension, engine, etc.....

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 18th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Well, I need to get wheel bearings in a bad way. Also would like to get the front and rear brake pads. I think these are the urgent ones for now.
If I get these Mazda part numbers for our car, I can cross-reference it with the 2.0 parts numbers and if they're the same have someone bring them in from the US for me.
The other items like cradle arm bushings etc. can come after. Nothing's wrong with them now, but would like those numbers too for future reference.
You able to put your hands on those part numbers?

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 19th, 2009, 12:17 am

dredman1 wrote:Well, I need to get wheel bearings in a bad way. Also would like to get the front and rear brake pads. I think these are the urgent ones for now.
If I get these Mazda part numbers for our car, I can cross-reference it with the 2.0 parts numbers and if they're the same have someone bring them in from the US for me.
The other items like cradle arm bushings etc. can come after. Nothing's wrong with them now, but would like those numbers too for future reference.
You able to put your hands on those part numbers?

what;s wrong with your wheel bearings?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 19th, 2009, 1:17 am

They make a loud grumbling, grinding noise (best description I can give) from about 60km/h upwards. Seem to be coming from the front wheels.
When I corner, the noise shifts to the side with the weight. When I brake, the noise gets louder (probably as more weight shift to the front).
I know the wheel bearings for the 3 are an integrated hub type - just wondering if they're the same for the 1.6 and 2.0.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 19th, 2009, 8:06 am

have someone check the bearings for you, the issue may be with your tires.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 19th, 2009, 8:21 am

Yep - going to get them checked ASAP, but almost certain it's the bearings.
Was reading on some Mazda 3 forums also and it seems the bearings on the 04-05 model are known to be problematic.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 19th, 2009, 10:18 pm

rainman, out of curiosity, do you use super or premium in your RORO 1.6 SDM Mazda 3?

Only still on my 1st tank since I got the car and used super - haven't seen any problems yet. However, inside the gas tank flap says to use 95 RON fuel :shock:

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 19th, 2009, 10:20 pm

rainman, out of curiosity, do you use super or premium in your RORO 1.6 SDM Mazda 3?

Only still on my 1st tank since I got the car and filled it with super - haven't seen any problems yet. However, inside the gas tank flap says to use 95 RON fuel :shock:

Not sure if the variable valve timing or the 10.0:1 compression ratio requires our premium fuel.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 19th, 2009, 10:29 pm

i use premium, never tried super....maybe one day if i feeling adventurous, my gas lid also says min. ron 95

2kRyan

Postby 2kRyan » September 26th, 2009, 2:29 am

Lookin for good Mazda 3 front shocks, like KYB or Toki.... 0X

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » September 26th, 2009, 1:46 pm

where i getting timing belts for 2004 m3 besides southern sales

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 26th, 2009, 2:39 pm

the mzr engines use timing chains, chain and tensioner only available at SS as far as i know. Does your timing chain need changing?

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » September 26th, 2009, 5:45 pm

timing chains dont need to be changed...ever. well at least not on this car

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » September 26th, 2009, 7:17 pm

ghostbusters wrote:timing chains dont need to be changed...ever. well at least not on this car

that's why i asked...lol

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”