Monday, September 1st, 2014

- It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 57  Next
marlon333
 Post subject: Re: The Mazda 3 thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Habit7 wrote:
The problem with our Mazda 3 is not the 1.6 litre engine but the retarded 4 speed gearbox. Tiptronic doesn't make it feel any more sporty because before you know it, you are in top gear and your engine bawling or in no time you gear down.

I agree. The Mazda 3 in the US have a 5 speed transmission and it is really much more fun to drive.

marlon333
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

I need to change the tires on my car. Anyone know who I can check for a best price.

wagonrunner
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
Tire prices went up twice in the last four months. Brace for it.

Stephon.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:20 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

I heard that Toyo tires are the best, those are the ones that came with mine so I guess I'll be going back with them when the time comes, I see that milage mack sells them so check them

Strugglerzinc
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 pm 
18 pounds of Boost

It's all a matter of which Toyo.

There are some that are absolute rubbish while others are stellar, so be sure to research the particular model tire before you buy.

Same holds for most major brands.

Stephon.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:18 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

I got a crack in my windshield :shock:

Not really a crack, just basically a dot, probably a stone hit it, I wonder if they would change it for me at the next service. This car is just bad luck yes, the photocell for the auto headlights are too sensitive, I got in an accident, now the windshield. :lol: Gimme a break!

noshownogo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 pm 
punchin NOS

I keep the auto headlights off for the same reason. All 7am and my lights on on a sunny morning :?

allon4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:56 pm 
Street 2NR

Tint covering the sensor?

noshownogo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:01 pm 
punchin NOS

Not mine, tint guy was aware of cars with sensors so he worked around it.

allon4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 pm 
Street 2NR

I'm usually at work before 7 but a few times my auto lights do turn the lights off if it's bright enough. Sometime if I stop for gas or something the lights stay off. I think they're not sensitive enough and SS doesn't know how to adjust them

Habit7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm 
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

marlon333 wrote:
I need to change the tires on my car. Anyone know who I can check for a best price.

The Toyo's that came mine were suffering from uneven wear in the rear. I had SS look and it and they said that is a result of inadequate tyre rotation.

I got some Dunlop Direzza DZ101 you can get them of just under $700 and they work great.

Stephon. wrote:
I got a crack in my windshield :shock:

Not really a crack, just basically a dot, probably a stone hit it, I wonder if they would change it for me at the next service. This car is just bad luck yes, the photocell for the auto headlights are too sensitive, I got in an accident, now the windshield. :lol: Gimme a break!

Your insurance should take care of it without making a claim against your coverage. Mine cracked at 2 weeks old.

d_ad_man
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

i need some help i removed my mazda 3 instrument panel while i was cleaning my entire dashboard.Placed it back inn,now trying to restart my car an nothing
I'm getting ignition and everything,just not starting.What can i do???????????

xNeXuSx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:08 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Did you check your fuses? Could be the immobilizer too, but that connected to one of the ignition fuses anyway, so check there first.

d_ad_man
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

thanks thus far...still not starting

xNeXuSx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Did you remove the center console also? You should probably get an electrician to check the wiring to your transmission range switch (assuming it is auto). In any case you should utilize a proper electrician, because it could be range of things...solenoid switch, starter motor etc. If it was a simple fuse it would have been nice.

Hopefully somebody else will help you with more info.

S_2NR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

d_ad_man wrote:
i need some help i removed my mazda 3 instrument panel while i was cleaning my entire dashboard.Placed it back inn,now trying to restart my car an nothing

:shock: :shock: why would u do all that to clean ur dash..sounds like a bit much.

you coulda avoid all this headache.

FullStop
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

d_ad_man wrote:

CAN BUS...reset ur ecu...disconnect battery, let it discharge...in future, dont play mechanic...if that doesnt work you'll need to buy a front half or visit southern sales...the reason ppl are skeptical to assist is cus when the guntas steal the mz 3 they tend to have these types of issues. good luck.

originalbling
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 am 
Sweet on this forum

I see a lot of people here using the Redline D4 ATF. Anyone has experience with the Amsoil ATF?

Any issues with the amsoil?

FullStop
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

originalbling wrote:
I see a lot of people here using the Redline D4 ATF. Anyone has experience with the Amsoil ATF?

Any issues with the amsoil?

I've used mobil1 synthetic atf with bad results, the transmission shuddered a bit, switched to redline d4-atf and the problem was gone. Amsoil makes decent engine oil , have absolutely no experience with their stuff though , redline tranny/gearbox fluids are legendarily good though.

FullStop
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

oh btw, anyone interested in a JBarone rear upgraded swaybar for the 04-2012 mz3? i have one to sell, bought it for my bro, he installed it for a month or so with awr links, the awr links were making noise so he took off the entire setup and returned it to stock. J.Barone actually recommended to me that I use stock endlinks, but my bro isnt interested, it comes with everything needed for installation. brackets and energy suspension bushings. looking to get $800 for it.

http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/store/ ... cts_id=119

Last edited by FullStop on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephon.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

First service at Mazda, free
Second service at Mazda, free labour
Serviced at Mazda today, almost 400 dollars in labour :lol:

I don't mind though but damn :lol:

I like that they put the old parts in the car for me, so I guess it's their way of proving that they did in fact service the car.

FullStop
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

i stopped servicing at mazda, there's nothing they do that I cant do myself.

originalbling
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:46 pm 
Sweet on this forum

Quote:
I've used mobil1 synthetic atf with bad results, the transmission shuddered a bit, switched to redline d4-atf and the problem was gone. Amsoil makes decent engine oil , have absolutely no experience with their stuff though , redline tranny/gearbox fluids are legendarily good though.

yea, I use the amsoil 10W30. Need to change tranny fluid and coolant. Thinking about the Amsoil coolant as well. Trying to decide between the amsoil or redline ATF though.

Stephon, yuh sure is the old parts from your car? :D

xNeXuSx
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Quote:
Stephon, yuh sure is the old parts from your car? :D

LOL. No trust boi. Can't say I blame you tho with the kind of things we see out here.

+1 on Redline ATF. Not giving me a reason to change.

Amit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

hearing a noise from the left side front suspension, changed the link, bushing and shocks look ok, what is the cost of stablizer bar rubber

FullStop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

not sure man...which bushings did you change? I've never changed my front stabilizer bar rubbers.

dredman1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 pm 
I LUV THIS PLACE

Amit wrote:
hearing a noise from the left side front suspension, changed the link, bushing and shocks look ok, what is the cost of stablizer bar rubber

From April 2010, page 9 earlier in this thread
trinijanus wrote:
dredman1, I bought them from Southern Sales in POS. Cost was roughly $190 VAT inclusive for the pair ($83 + VAT for 1). I know they had one more in stock in POS when I bought my two last week. Hope they got more stock if you're looking for the pair.
Most probably price went up since, but it shouldn't be that much more. There's a very good chance that's the source of the knock if you sure all the other things you listed are in good condition. Make sure you buy OEM Mazda bushings.

I had a knock in my front suspension as well - changed stabilizer bar links and rubber and shocks. That helped, but the noise is still there - just not as loud as before. Had all the bushings checked by several places, and they all said they were good. *shrugs* Might just end up changing them out anyway - just don't wanna do that and still end up with the noise.

FullStop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:01 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

dredman1 wrote:
Amit wrote:

From April 2010, page 9 earlier in this thread
trinijanus wrote:
dredman1, I bought them from Southern Sales in POS. Cost was roughly $190 VAT inclusive for the pair ($83 + VAT for 1). I know they had one more in stock in POS when I bought my two last week. Hope they got more stock if you're looking for the pair.
Most probably price went up since, but it shouldn't be that much more. There's a very good chance that's the source of the knock if you sure all the other things you listed are in good condition. Make sure you buy OEM Mazda bushings.

I had a knock in my front suspension as well - changed stabilizer bar links and rubber and shocks. That helped, but the noise is still there - just not as loud as before. Had all the bushings checked by several places, and they all said they were good. *shrugs* Might just end up changing them out anyway - just don't wanna do that and still end up with the noise.

have you ever changed your control arms or control arm bushings? when mine were bad, they knocked. I got super pro bushings from Brian Khan(323-9323), they're cheaper than replacemet control arms and work great.

dredman1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45 pm 
I LUV THIS PLACE

No ghost - never changed them. Had the entire suspension checked and was advised all the bushings (including the control arm bushings) were good. Normally I would take that with a grain of salt, but had it checked at more than 1 place.

Thanks for the tip on the super pro, but I think if I decide to change the bushings, I might as well change out both control arms with new OEM ones.

Groovemaster
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

BK has super pro cradle bushings for the mazda 3?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 57  Next