TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Mazda 323 Issue Thread: Post your problem.

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Mazda 323 Issue Thread: Post your problem.

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 14th, 2011, 8:14 am

SweeP wrote:yeah tanks boy struzzlerzinc fuh de info an no probs shimon!!
de am 1.6zm doh hav an egr valve?!? cuz all i see is mines lookin like ah extractor type alone no kinda hard line connectin to de exhaust manifold!!!

an well me aint change oil almost 10 mths an de strangest thing is dat on ah full tank ah does get over 400km an well dats before gas light even come on an well is super i usin!!! like last week ah get 437km but ah never try to run it dry to see de full potential amount it cud use!!!!

10 months dude? that can't be healthy :D

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 14th, 2011, 9:04 am

10 mths lol what oil you using bro btw sweep i dont doubt you i checked a muffler guy yesterday and his 323 has no o2 sensor he says it a local wtf real strange anyways how many of you guys here running with no cat and just a resonator any problems gas comsumption performance etc?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » June 14th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
de am 1.6zm doh hav an egr valve?!? cuz all i see is mines lookin like ah extractor type alone no kinda hard line connectin to de exhaust manifold!!!

an well me aint change oil almost 10 mths an de strangest thing is dat on ah full tank ah does get over 400km an well dats before gas light even come on an well is super i usin!!! like last week ah get 437km but ah never try to run it dry to see de full potential amount it cud use!!!!

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 14th, 2011, 7:28 pm

shimon wrote:10 mths lol what oil you using bro btw sweep i dont doubt you i checked a muffler guy yesterday and his 323 has no o2 sensor he says it a local wtf real strange anyways how many of you guys here running with no cat and just a resonator any problems gas comsumption performance etc?

No cat, just the exhaust detailed in another thread.

The removal will give a teeny bit of improvement, but its restriction is nothing compared to the rest of the exhaust, particularly the rear OE barrel.

On our 1.6 engine, every little bit counts :|

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » June 14th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Well when you cut out the cat, mileage may increase a bit since (about 25km less). It shifts the powerband also, before I used to get power between 3k-5k, now power comes in between 4k-6k. Also the engine revs to redline better without hesitation. Dont use no fart cannons, get a nice oval shape barrel, eg megan, fujitsubo etc. I personally will stay away from increasing the piping, since the larger you go less power at low rpms and I aint going turbo anytime soon. A next thing is intake if you have no sri or cai, exhaust mods wont make much difference.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 15th, 2011, 7:37 am

nareshseep wrote:I personally will stay away from increasing the piping, since the larger you go less power at low rpms and I aint going turbo anytime soon.

My experience with this was quite the opposite.

There was a definite notable increase in low RPM torque from the day i changed out to 2.25 piping.

Mebbie there was some fluke in my install but what the heck, it works for me. :D

On a side note again, i am now convinced someone is stealing my gas based on the rate that it's disappearing. 310km from brim to about 1/8th tank.

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 15th, 2011, 8:26 am

lol thats pathetic strugglezinc was that after or before you did your piping, 2.25 is to big for a non turbo car some peeps may get it to work but I read on some other mazda forums that it can cause problems on the 1.6 engines btw i took out my cat put in a resonator same thing nothing changed performace wise i have no cai or free flow exhaust barrel mabe thats why, as u said earlier each part compliments the other i think i was burning more gas than when i had the resonator in so i reinstalled the cat.

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 15th, 2011, 8:31 am

how did you guys fix your p0402 code i know what the manual says i just wanna hear from personal experience what you guys did i cleaned the egr and the whole intake i havent replaced the gasket or checked the resistance of the egr itself but from what i read even after replacing the egr itself the code still pops up i hear users said they changed there cam senor and it fixed the error code for good i really dont wanna have to buy a egr or gasket and it still doesnt fix the problem or even worst buy a ecu and that still doesnt fix the problem.

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » June 15th, 2011, 11:19 am

Strugglerz you have a zlve or a zmde, I have a zlve and my mileage does be 350 - 380 typical (thats with sri, decat, fujitsubo muffler) the gf have a zmde and with tranny it used to get 400, now with box it getting 450km... then again hers is completely stock.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 15th, 2011, 3:29 pm

ZMDE Auto.

This terrible mileage only started 2-3 weeks ago. I would usually get 400+. Don't know where 80km worth of gas is going ATM.

Have not had time to get hands on yet so maybe there's some small issue but driveability is not affected so i dunno.

@ Shimon

Exhaust piping is only as big as your smallest diameter bend. I used a combination of 2" and 2.25". Crush bent 2.25" comes down to 2" or smaller depending on how you bend it. We tried to keep a uniform 2" throughout with the bends included. Mandrel bends were too costly.

master.chief.777
Ricer

Postby master.chief.777 » June 15th, 2011, 3:45 pm

i have a bj model.PBE.. it has a rough idle... especially when i am in traffic.. all the engine mount has been changed... not sure what is the problem...any one experienced this?? or can help

Groovemaster
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Groovemaster » June 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Low idle, clean EGR, TPS, PCV valve & TB. Clean injectors if problem continues & let us know if u got the idle prob fixed.

EGR - Exhaust gas recirculation valve
TPS - Throttle position sensor
PCV - Positive crankcase ventilation
TB - Throttle body

master.chief.777 you ever changed the fuel filter & pump?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 15th, 2011, 6:58 pm

Since we're acronym happy, clean the MAF and IACV while you're at it.

MAF - Mass Air Flow sensor
IACV - Idle Air Control Valve

master.chief.777
Ricer

Postby master.chief.777 » June 15th, 2011, 10:33 pm

yea.. i changed the filter when the car was serviced.. never the pump... i went to an electrician today and he said it a electronic idling controller or sum by the throttle body.... Groovemaster u know where i can find this to buy???

Groovemaster
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Groovemaster » June 16th, 2011, 1:47 am

will check the mafia on FB,

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 16th, 2011, 7:11 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:ZMDE Auto.

This terrible mileage only started 2-3 weeks ago. I would usually get 400+. Don't know where 80km worth of gas is going ATM.

Have not had time to get hands on yet so maybe there's some small issue but driveability is not affected so i dunno.

@ Shimon

Exhaust piping is only as big as your smallest diameter bend. I used a combination of 2" and 2.25". Crush bent 2.25" comes down to 2" or smaller depending on how you bend it. We tried to keep a uniform 2" throughout with the bends included. Mandrel bends were too costly.

Hey ive been getting that magic 80km lost in gas milage also my frend and when I checked the pcm for codes the p0402 came up did you run a scan strugglerzinc any hard starting issues btw i knew you said the car runs fine mine runs fine also no missing etc the only problem i seem to have is hard starting when mostly hot and the idling, sometimes when i 1st turn on the car even when its hot the idle seems to be at 1000 or 1050 and keeps fluctuating until i put on a load system such as the ac etc or if i put it in a gear it will drop to the specific range sometimes it does this.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 16th, 2011, 1:57 pm

No hard starting or anything. Never scanned as i haven't seen the need to just yet.

Gonna leave it be until the end of the month when my broke a$$ can change oil and do a run through of some "stuff" to ensure all is well.

Your EGR can cause that if unmetered exhaust is getting to the intake. You can completely disconnect the EGR system if it comes to that with no adverse effects apart from air pollution.

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 16th, 2011, 5:51 pm

nah bro ill order a new egr if after i change the gasket and it doesnt work air pollution really not my thing any little i can do to save the environment im all for. thats why my cat is still installed. yea well that p0402 really causing me hell really hope its not a ecu any ideas on the cost of one of those

SweeP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby SweeP » June 16th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:

haha yeah i knw! yeahh well gonna change it dis week but gonna put ah lil np oil fuh ah 2days like ah kinda flush nah an den drain back dat an put meh regular castrol 20 50 or chevron 20 50!!!

SweeP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby SweeP » June 16th, 2011, 6:19 pm

shimon wrote:10 mths lol what oil you using bro btw sweep i dont doubt you i checked a muffler guy yesterday and his 323 has no o2 sensor he says it a local wtf real strange anyways how many of you guys here running with no cat and just a resonator any problems gas comsumption performance etc?

i usin normal castrol 20 50 or chevron 20 50!!! i think mines suppose to be de local model!!! like when de cat eye model now come out!!!

SweeP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby SweeP » June 16th, 2011, 6:59 pm

shimon wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:ZMDE Auto.

@ Shimon

Hey ive been getting that magic 80km lost in gas milage also my frend and when I checked the pcm for codes the p0402 came up did you run a scan strugglerzinc any hard starting issues btw i knew you said the car runs fine mine runs fine also no missing etc the only problem i seem to have is hard starting when mostly hot and the idling, sometimes when i 1st turn on the car even when its hot the idle seems to be at 1000 or 1050 and keeps fluctuating until i put on a load system such as the ac etc or if i put it in a gear it will drop to the specific range sometimes it does this.

well i remember when my gas mileage use to be all between 300 - 350 was cuz ah one ah meh coil packs an well is not like de coil pack did stop workin is just dat times yuh use to feel de difference when it firing real weak an well idle use to fluctuate too an well de car use to be feelin dead at times!!! well ah just sayin yuh could check de coil packs to see if dey ok cuz if it aint firin properly dats kinda like unburnt fuel goin to waste!!!

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » June 16th, 2011, 8:05 pm

hmmm sweep ive been thinking about that for a while i just crossed 100k ill def look into that when i get some papa

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Update: engine and tranny oils changed ONLY. Back up to approx 420km.

I'm amazed that oil could affect mileage that much.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 12th, 2011, 8:44 pm

mobil 1?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 13th, 2011, 7:13 am

Royal Purple.

Dirty oil will be dirty oil regardless of brand i suppose.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 13th, 2011, 7:23 am

i recently switched to kendall gt1 and am liking it.

Ricer

Postby 647 » July 13th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Whats ups peps. my problem...i got a mazda 323 bj, when i drive above 100km the entire car vibrates, when i release the gas its ok but once i mass it again it starts to vibrate. balances tyres and installed rings, no improvement..also i hearing something like rubber rubbing together when i go over small bumps or turning the steering wheel...any help or ideas???

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 13th, 2011, 8:19 pm

soulds like bad cradle bushings, could also be axles, get your front suspension checked out asap

Ricer

Postby 647 » July 14th, 2011, 11:54 am

Did a suspension check and a number if issues came up:
1. burst ball joint and big bushing
2. Velocity joints bad
3. rack ends need to change

WTK, has any one ever bought a compete axle with CV joints Foreign Used? are they any good?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 14th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Maybe, maybe not. There's really no way to tell until you get it on the car.

You looking at 1500-2k in parts there.

No wonder you get all those issues :shock:

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”