TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

323F SPORT aka LANTIS PPL / WEY U AT ?

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: 323F SPORT aka LANTIS PPL / WEY U AT ?

Postby lostboys crew » May 9th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Over the weekend i spotted 2 nice Lantis's first time i saw those. One was a darkish green with body kit looked wicked other was black with carbon fibre hood. Whoever are the owners props to you all they look well kept and appreciated. Hope mine can look like those.

Spectre
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Constanly using the savannah as my personal raceteack

Postby Spectre » May 12th, 2011, 2:21 am

Sooooooooooooo im guessing thats a no then?

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » May 13th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Isn't it going to be difficult to sell a car with alot of aftermarket parts? Still, u may find a buyer yet.

@ lostboy: i think i saw the green one, dark metallic green, fully kitted. Very well kept. Now if only i could start the body work on mine.....

ripit
Street 2NR

Postby ripit » June 9th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Got a red PBD for sale anyone interested, it's a best car love it, but the family getting big so I need a seven seater.......check the link

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=377174

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » June 23rd, 2011, 1:08 pm

323F Gurus, i need new or good condition rubber for my front windows. the rubber that's housed by the door mirrors that is. Windows rattling bad, any suggestions? Know anybody who does custom fits? scrapyard even?

wycleft
Street 2NR

Postby wycleft » June 23rd, 2011, 7:32 pm

i not sure which rubber you speak of....windows rattling --at least from my experience--is because the glass not sitting down properly inside the window motor assembly usually caused by the window track rollers gone tru...

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » June 23rd, 2011, 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info on the glass. Sorry about that last post, i should have explained it better. What i meant to say was aside from the rattling windows, the rubber trim by the side mirrors is tearing on both sides, driver and passenger side. I was wondering if you guys know where i could get new or custom trim for the BA. I'll post pics to for you to see tomorrow evening.

pics pertaining to my side mirror trim:

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » June 27th, 2011, 9:38 am

thats a common problem with all of them. Based on its make up tho, I think the whole mirror mount must be changed, but I could be wrong

as for the rattling windows, wycleft is right... there are two plastic 'rollers' which guide the window's movement. Over time they chip or fall apart completely. The rattle is cased by the roller's metal hub touching the guide track.

Southern Sales does not sell either of these parts (to get new rollers they want you to buy a whole new window). Anywhere that does plastic fabrication should be able to make you new rollers. If you're not up to changing them yourself, check Eurotune on EMR St Joseph (obliquely opposite Farm Road). I think its $300 per window

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » June 28th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Thanks much for the info, damie. Yesterday, i went to a fella in bamboo who repairs or makes the rollers, fixed both windows in about 4 hours for $300 each. as for the mirror mounts, i've no idea where to start my search for good condition foreign used ones. You guys have any suggestions? Bobby's maybe?

And also this part, pic isn't too clear but you can see how someone destroy the casing around de lever to put in a new one( this event occured elsewhere, not by the window guy, dat is wat happens when you let someone work on your car without supervision). :evil: :

Now i have to scour the entire bamboo to mend this eye sore.Custom interior hopefully is an option but i don't have links in that department.

wycleft
Street 2NR

Postby wycleft » July 1st, 2011, 12:20 am

speedist, i glad you get the rollers fixed so yuh windows eh rattlin anymore...that used to drive me mad..who it is yuh checked in the bamboo? gunness?

With regard to the side mirror trimmings , good luck, as damie say yuh mite ha to buy the whole set-up. If yuh do find anything lemme no cus i ha that common problem too...I see yuh have an eye for detail and like every other lantis owner want yuh car looking good. So i understand how da break by the shifter must be botherin yuh too.. any luck with that so far?

On another note some a-hole break meh back window looking to thief summn but they eh get nutten valuable..but now i have to go look for a black glass. will check the usual places in the bamboo buh somehow ah feel ah go be ketchin meh tail to get it.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 1st, 2011, 6:35 pm

yeah, by gunness self. lol. de man is a boss. Dem windows had me cussin an i only start road testing de car last week. i goin back there to get my rear door switches fixed. I'm sorry to hear about your window, wycleft. I remember your 323, the red one? It hard enough as it is to keep these cars good and somebody had to make it harder eh.

I'll keep you posted on whatever i find for the lantis once i can sneak back bamboo again. Unfortunately, i haven't any luck on the casing as yet.If you do come across the casing for the gear lever anytime you go, if you could,let me know where you saw it.

I am considering buying the whole mirror mount setup but is there anyone in trini who sells or brings it in? I bought a pair of power mirrors, with no mounts months ago. I studyin if i waste my money..... :|

I woulda like to get my hands on a pair of these:

http://www.jeroentje.nl/index.php?page= ... d=10104800

mazdamig
Riding on 17's

Postby mazdamig » July 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm

speedist i have a AT shifter for a BH it looking little better then yours.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 1st, 2011, 9:50 pm

I was more hoping for the outer casing but i admit i don't like the condition of my shifter either. Could you PM a pic of the shifter and your price? I had the other one put in as a temp cuz the buttons in the original one broke and kept fallin out( this is before i adopted the car and obviously not safe). Not goin to lie, people rell abuse dis car before i get it, now i'll bring it back to mark little by little.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 2nd, 2011, 7:52 am

Speedist when it comes to sourcing parts i am in the same boat as you man, damieG82 seems to be the expert on sourcing those hard to find parts and trims. I got the same probs with my windows too, got to get the guide wheels, plus some of my window switches starting to give trouble.
Wycleft sorry to hear bout your back window. I feel you might have to buy a whole door to get that glass . My gyal pops had to buy a whole door to get a door handle for he civic, $600 for a used eg8 door. I could only imagine the price of a Lantis door. My coz told me he went to price the back hatch door day before in SS and they told him $12,000 for that :shock: They might want to charge you bout $3,000 - $4,000 for a new door.

wycleft
Street 2NR

Postby wycleft » July 2nd, 2011, 5:01 pm

speedist, i gonna check de bamboo dis week comin, go keep ah eye out for yuh casing and mirror mounts..i have a good feeling though. lostboys, gunness is yuh best bet to fix dem windows. ..or if yuh want do dem yuhself ,ah have a link to get d rollers.Will let allyuh know how de bamboo search was.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 2nd, 2011, 5:54 pm

@lostboys: For real. They bussin price on Lantis parts now. Like wycleft say, Gunness is de man for your windows if you don't want to do them yourself.

@ wycleft: Many thanks for the assist on those parts,man. I take time off work twice this week to search bamboo so i'll be out of bamboo awhile.:oops:

Earlier this year, i took the rear shield off a lantis trunklid,by Seenaths, i think. The guy say the back glass shatter comin over in the container. the stock spoiler was $1200. And the 4 doors were $1200 each, i think but that was a good while ago.
Damie, link me with some parts nah. :lol:

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 2nd, 2011, 9:23 pm

Saw this black beauty for sale....looks damn good V6 too :D
PBC
Make: Mazda
Model: 323F Sport
Year:
Colour: Diamond Black
Engine Size: V6 2000 cc VIRS
Mileage: 137,000 km
Transmission: Manual, 5 Forward
Features: Air Condition, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Projector Lights, HiD Lights, Fog Lamps, MP3 Player, DVD Player, Alloy Rims, Low Profile Tyres, Chrome Exhaust, Rear Spoiler, Tint, Alarm, Keyless Entry, Immobilizer, Remote Start, Fabric Interior
Additional Info: 5 Hole suspension and rims from 3rd Generation RX7, modified brake and shocks, minor engine tuning.
Contact Name: Riad
Contact Phone #'s: 384-2407
Contact Email: rkhan69@hotmail.com
Asking Price: $43,000 negotiable

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 3rd, 2011, 12:30 am

I think i'm going to cry. i cah begin to describe how bess this thing looks!

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 3rd, 2011, 2:33 pm

Over the period after the swap, i noticed what looks like sludge under the cars left hand side. i don't get it. the engine and transmission oil were changed after the engine was put in, the oil is filled to manufacturer specifications, i check the dipsticks twice a week. I drive the car to and from work at 40kmh for the most 3 times a week.
On very rare occasions, i spot these puddles and i'm wondering if it's old oil from before running down when the engine heats up or i sprung a leak? i checked, saw nothing. A trip to a service shop is in order just in case.

mazdafan
Ricer

Postby mazdafan » July 5th, 2011, 7:35 am

My fellow 323f peeps. i have alot of experience with these cars and would be willing to offer help to anyone that needs it. i have converted my own car from 1.6 to 1.8 to 2.0v6 to 2.5 klze v6. so anyone needing to do any work or source parts can give me a call.

377-9787
686-8165

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 5th, 2011, 8:28 pm

That would be great. mazdafan, you will be hearing from me. :mrgreen:

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 12th, 2011, 5:23 pm

So fellas i mash up my tranny today... :( I have to go hunting for one in the Bamboo tomorrow. It literally cracked open and spilled sprockets and transmission fluid all over the main road. Its the B6D engine ,which is harder to source in the Bamboo which mostly have the ZM series. But i did spot two places that had a B6D engine and tranny a couple of months back. Hope they still have them. If not i will have to buy a ZM.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 12th, 2011, 9:07 pm

That's hard to hear, man. Transmission issues keep me awake at night. I hope you get through with one.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 13th, 2011, 11:49 am

Hey guys a lil heads up,i spotted 2 Lantis front half's in the Bamboo today. One on the main road right around the little parlour. It on your right when you now coming in i think is Seenaths other branch but you cant miss it its a bright green. The other one is in the first side street on your left i can't remember the name, but its a silver one.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » July 13th, 2011, 12:30 pm

that black one...it could be that guy but dayum....if it wasn't for top end the jetta woulda neva caught up. V6 is understandable.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 13th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Anybody have a tranny for a B6D they wanna sell ?

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 13th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Unfortunately, i don't have the tranny for the B6D. It's safe to assume the front halves you spotted are both V6 then? I've always respected the jetta for that, that car could move boy.Sunday gone, i was carrying my F in for body and paint, just see a dark blue old model jetta peel past with some chasers following (honda and a subie) headin chaguanas.

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » July 14th, 2011, 10:28 pm

lostboys crew wrote:Anybody have a tranny for a B6D they wanna sell ?

You can probably use a zm tranny and swap the bellhousing

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » July 17th, 2011, 3:22 pm

lostboy, how goes the search for the tranny? u gettin through? Fellas, i was lookin to swap out my 16in steel rims for something a little more sporty(functional as well as good looking) in 3 months. Where would u suggest i go for some good black 5 stud rim patterns in 16 or 17(is as high as i'm willing to go) for the F?

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » July 20th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Well i spotted one that looks to be what i'm looking for just waiting for my mechanic to take out mine so i can confirm its the same. Yeah i was told that the Z5 tranny could work but that is also hard to come by.

Yeah all the lantis in the bamboo have the V6 was getting the whole conversion for 12k.

Was also getting a BPT for 8k but was gear box, i cant handle that in a daily driver, when i buy myself a FD then :) . Was also getting the 2.0 FS-ZE from a sport 20 for 9k but was cvt transmission and i don't trust tiptronic tranny's but its a good deal was getting full conversion with it, all the axles and what not. I could only imagine what she could do with 170hp under the hood :shock:

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”