Forums

LF: Mazda BJ engine mounts

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Tizic1086
Riding on 13's

LF: Mazda BJ engine mounts

Postby Tizic1086 » October 20th, 2012, 9:43 pm

lookin 4 right side and back engine mount, cud be foreign used! THANKS ppl..

TurboDrive
Riding on 17's

Re: LF: Mazda BJ engine mounts

Postby TurboDrive » October 22nd, 2012, 11:19 am

Check Chaguanas auto supplies or checks in San'do.

Ricer

Postby 647 » October 22nd, 2012, 4:14 pm

I got the back mount (the one thats attached to the fire wall) its a substitute brand i bought but never used. Selling for $150.00 and i will even throw in a used right side mount (not sure how good it is tho) Call on 370-6274 if you want it. Located in Gasparillo

Canewell05
Riding on 13's

Postby Canewell05 » October 26th, 2012, 4:35 am

A few months ago, I bought 4 engine mounts from Matura's in POS. The back mount is a hellofva thing to change. You have to drop the whole front just to do that. After going through all sorts of trouble to change it, turns out that that mount was actually in a pretty good condition and did not need changing, even though the other three definitely needed to be changed. My suggestion to you is to buy the other three mounts and leave the back mount alone as it will more than likely be in a good condition and not worth the effort to get it changed. The other 3 mounts can easily be changed.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » October 26th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Canewell05 wrote:A few months ago, I bought 4 engine mounts from Matura's in POS. The back mount is a hellofva thing to change. You have to drop the whole front just to do that. After going through all sorts of trouble to change it, turns out that that mount was actually in a pretty good condition and did not need changing, even though the other three definitely needed to be changed. My suggestion to you is to buy the other three mounts and leave the back mount alone as it will more than likely be in a good condition and not worth the effort to get it changed. The other 3 mounts can easily be changed.

worst advice ever

i would advice you change ALL the mounts at the same time
old rubber will wear alot faster than new rubber so when u change the others the older one will wear out fastest

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 29th, 2012, 5:26 pm

That and you don't need to drop the entire front subframe either. The bolts are accessible from the top with the proper tools and knowledge.

trini76ster
Riding on 13's

Postby trini76ster » November 19th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Don't buy those cheap Korean mounts. Get the good stuff by Southern Sales, they will last a lot longer...

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”