Forums

Mazda 6 ignition coil pack.

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cwellington
Street 2NR

Mazda 6 ignition coil pack.

Postby cwellington » March 20th, 2012, 11:28 am

I don't know if anyone else suffered from this but I've been getting a misfire on my cylinder 2 in my coil pack at least that's what the computer said when the mech ran a diagnostic. I tried replacing the coil pack based on the advice of the mechanic and all am seeing online is the OEM replacement which has a completely different connector from the coil pack that's in the car (still trying to figure out how this is possible, any theories are welcome). I tried searching the part number on the coil pack I took out from my car and after days of searching I found one on amazon. I am after that with my luck it won't work. Does anyone know anything about these electrical components. Southern Sales is the worst when it's coming to calling them for information. They want me to bring the car in to them for them to check it because they claim to not know what am talking about. Any one know where I can order parts online outside of amazon and ebay (which is where I get most of my parts btw). At the end of the day, the story is kinda long here am looking for advice as to where you guys get your parts and any advice on what am experiencing. Am still looking for the center console pocket (broken lid), a/c vents and a few other minor fittings. Any assistance will be great appreciated.
Attachments
Ignition coil..JPG
They said this is the OEM replacement. As you can see the connector is very different.
Ignition coil..JPG (23.9 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
Ignition coil.JPG
This is what was in the car (has a rectangular connector).
Ignition coil.JPG (22.66 KiB) Viewed 1549 times

Spirit R
Street 2NR

Re: Mazda 6 ignition coil pack.

Postby Spirit R » March 20th, 2012, 12:50 pm

cwellington
Street 2NR

Re: Mazda 6 ignition coil pack.

Postby cwellington » March 20th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Thanks bro, that link really helped!

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”