Forums

LSM SERVICE EXPERIENCE

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

LSM SERVICE EXPERIENCE

Postby JUS4SHO » January 13th, 2014, 12:39 pm

What are your experiences. I ask because every time I service my wife's vitara I get upset.
Will just share my last 3 services issues on a grand vitara 34 mnts old 364xx km
3 services ago I requested that the cabin air filter be replaced. Paid got my keys opened the door, instantly I knew the filter was replace as the used filter and parts removed for the installation we scattered on the front passenger seat.
At the service before last @ 320xx km 30 mnts complained about excessive vibration on the brake pedal the rotors were polished ( mango tree mechanic fix, I will not go into the host off reasons why this is dangerous) this fix lasted just 2 days. The oil fill cover was also left loose.
Was unable to take the car in until the next service, which I went in early at 364xx km at 34 mnts old. Was told that the rotors need to be replaced at my expense, and that they were not covered under warranty. I asked that someone show me where in the warranty booklet where it is stated , I am still waiting for that. I argued the point that the car has only 364xx km , the disc pads were never replaced. So that suggest that the driver is not aggressive with the brake. The front rotors are vented not solid which eliminates deformation when hitting puddles. Still waiting on an answer on why the rotors failed no suggestion other than these things can happen.
I did not have the time and had them replaced at a 35% reduced cost.
This is where I end my relationship with LSM.
Going ahead I should be prepared for service as I acquired the OEM service and trouble shooting manuals, located a oem parts supplier that offered me a 20% discount on parts. So those $3000+ rotors in the future will only cost me $160 us per pair. The maintenance work will be carried out by a certified mechanic using the manuals.
I realise that the service at LSM has deteriorated over the last few years.

Berg
Riding on 13's

Re: LSM SERVICE EXPERIENCE

Postby Berg » January 13th, 2014, 11:19 pm

Hi, I can certainly identify with LSM service nightmares. Last year just a couple months beyond warranty I was obliged to pay $8K (without labor & after discount) for a replacement part. During routine service (the first post warranty service) they informed me that a "seal failed" and they did not have the seal in stock. When they eventually got the seal in stock ( weeks upon weeks later) they informed me that the failure of the seal caused damage to an adjacent part due to fluid leakage. The seal cost less than $100. When I researched the matter online I saw that the failure of that seal was a known issue; in fact the replacement seal is an upgrade with a new part number. My point to them was that given that it was a known issue they should have been actively checking the seal during the warranty period or at the very least, given me the option of replacing it at my cost as a precautionary measure. I was told it has only happened in a "few" units locally.

Anyway, can you suggest a competent alternative maintenance/service provider. I have a 2.4L PCN series Vitara ? Also, where did you purchase/obtain a service manual? Please PM me with the info. I skipped a Dec'13 LSM service appointment - just had no appetite for all the attitude and hogwash.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » January 21st, 2014, 6:15 pm

I think this topic is so beaten to death that most of us dont want to talk about it anymore.
I have had my fair share at lsm

25stouring
Street 2NR

Postby 25stouring » January 22nd, 2014, 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear of your experiences and glad you guys able to source parts independantly.
I carried in my wife's Sgv because the front right wheel was accumulating excessive brake dust and I suspected the brakes were binding a that wheel. Before doing anything they advised that I would probably need to change that caliper which I thought was kinda ridiculous. They then kept the vehicle for a day and charged four hundred dollars just to tell me that my sliding pins needed to be changed and that they didn't have in stock. Nothing else was done. Problems still there. I couldn't understand why the pins would need to be changed as opposed to just lubricated as I never needed to change pins on any of my other vehicles....so I carried it to a garage where they found that my caliper seals needed to be replaced. I had this done at a cost of two hundred dollars for both front wheels. Unfortunately I had to purchase the seal kit from lsm as I don't know where else to get genuine parts for this vehicle. The sliding pins were in perfect condition and the problem has since vanished.

It was clear that they never properly examined my calipers when I dropped the vehicle in that day and I really don't understand what they did to charge me that four hundred. I emailed their service manager and politely relayed my experience and they never even had the decency to reply....despite the fact that we have purchased three grand vitaras from them over the past few years....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 22nd, 2014, 11:18 pm

I guess all these experiences are at the north branch? I had minor dealings at the south branch and had better luck there.. but that was over 2yrs now. Parts prices are insane though! I always laugh at the look on customers faces when they find out the cost of replacement parts anytime I am at the parts dept.

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » January 24th, 2014, 11:58 am

I have four Vitaras all of which I have stopped servicing at LSM ranging from PCP to PCY just to give an age,I have had some good service experiences unfortunately the bad surpasses the good, their parts for one are over priced and the service department could use a serious overhaul in the area of Customer Service, every time something failed under warranty they had a reason to re-neg on the warranty but as a vehicle went out of warranty they could list everything that was wrong and ask me if to replace it at my cost the first day I was handed a service bill for 26k was the last day they saw me. It is ridiculous I own Audis that have cost me less to service on major services as far as I'm concerned never again.
Imagine a replacement AC Control panel is almost $8k with discount WTF a throttle body almost $4k.
Plus the rotors and calipers seems to be common on two of my vehicles before 50,000km they said they had to be replaced got them checked and serviced outside for around $800 for all including a rotor polish and re surface.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 24th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Once you know where to look, parts outside are far cheaper.. Amazon / Ebay has lots of parts for the 2nd gen GVs, never searched the 3rd gen. The 80A alternator for my van from the LSM was quoted to me at $6000+.. I ended up purchasing an aftermarket 270A alt for under $3000..

There are many high end aftermarket brands you could turn to, will save you plenty in the long run.

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » January 24th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Was this at the North or South branch SHO?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 24th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Since i bought my swift i was getting a rattling noise on the front left...
During the warranty period...i continously asked then to have it checked out and fixed...
They kept saying nothing was wrong.

As time went by...i slowly withdrew my car from the service schedule thereby voiding my warranty.
At the last service...the csr apparently didnt recognise that the car was no longer under service warranty.
So he counted the excess kilometres i crossed the service interval by and wrote it down in the corner of his copy of the service instructions.
Meanhile i didnt mention i changed the oil 2 weeks before using the same shell oil and an OEM filter.

I asked the noise to be checked out again...

Got a call a few hours after...
"The entire steering rack gone bad and needs to be replaced asap at the cost of 14k"

I told them i eh have that kinda money...leave it so....

I just found it strange....soon as they realised they can make some money off of me...they immediatley decided to check out the nouse and found the most expensive solution...
And just in time for me to have a "no more warranty" situation!

I took the car to both my mech and my suspension/alignment guys and both concluded the same thing: front stabilizer bar bushing/rubber needed to be replaced.
I bought the rubber at LSM and changed them....
Lo and behold...the noise gone!

This is just my last encounter

I have a few stories i wont post...i refuse to make the time for it

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » January 24th, 2014, 7:44 pm

*KRONIK* I know how you feel I had a problem where my 2011 SGV refused to start in park but if I put in reverse it started right up(odd, I know), the mech that services my Euros said it could be the mounts because the engine looked shifted I took his suggestion and went to LSM as it was still suppose to be under warranty, low and behold I get a call saying the transmission solenoid gone and has to be changed or the transmission changed at a cost to me they quoted about $7k for the solenoid replacement, out of curiosity I asked what the cost was for a transmission quote was $32k.
Lets just say I took it to my mech he changed the mounts for 2500 and to this day it starts in park.

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”