Forums

getting swift sport back on the road

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

getting swift sport back on the road

Postby jm3 » October 6th, 2012, 12:50 pm

ok guys so after over a year of my ss being sat on my drive way i am finally able to start fixing it. as some of you know it suffered crankshaft bearing failure and lifestyle quoted 40k to fix it which i could not afford at the time so after some learning i am in a position to do the engine work myself however the problem i have is once i get the shaft and bearings out and get the shaft machined how to i calculate what size bearings need to be put in place? i doubt there is much damage to the shaft as the bearings failed on a 15k km engine and was only driven for about 20 miles to get home after i heard it knock it could also be a conrod bearing rather than a crankshaft bearing as it sounds like one cylinder making the noise.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Re: getting swift sport back on the road

Postby gt4tified » October 6th, 2012, 7:56 pm

I replied to the thread u posted on the tech forum. 9 times out of 10 the rod bearings will fail befor the main. Driving 20km is a helluva distance to go on a failed bearing....I'm sure you fawked up that crank good and proper. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but start looking for a crank I would say.

Very important would be at what rpm you spun the bearing and finding out what caused the bearing on a 15,000km engine to fail. Would also recommend you have a professional mechanic handle the rebuild as this is not a process for the DIY'er with limited experience.

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”