Monday, September 1st, 2014



- It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
pasta
 Post subject: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:42 am 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:54 pm
Posts: 6
Whats up people I an considering starting a Renault owners club. I have been working at the company for the past 5 years and feel (although a bit late) that something can be done to preserve the now very few owners who still love the car. I know it may be too late but you can call me if you are interested. Some of the benefits are (great discounts etc).
call John at 484-0551


Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Top
 Profile  
 
themotorsalon.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Arima
11:11


Last edited by themotorsalon.com on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
pasta
 Post subject: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:10 am 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:54 pm
Posts: 6
What part of south are you from, and parts tell me what you need and i would let you know what i can do


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:59 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
Mr John..aka pasta-man..

Am I hearing k-tecracing???????


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
bump


Top
 Profile  
 
themotorsalon.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Arima
Pointman!!!

Are you the Renault Boss down Point Fortin i heard bout??? Heard from a pal that yuh even grease he 4 Doors on d last service and make him smile!!!

If so can you give me contact number??? thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
themotorsalon.com wrote:
Pointman!!!

Are you the Renault Boss down Point Fortin i heard bout??? Heard from a pal that yuh even grease he 4 Doors on d last service and make him smile!!!

If so can you give me contact number??? thanks



themotorsalon....
the guy you seek is Kester. You can reach him at 784-4598..
He's very reliable.


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:51 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
Are you guys still going to form this club ?

I have a Clio 172Sport, MK2 that is being prepped for competition use.

just did quite a bit of work on the car, timing belt, oil cooler, intake ecu, brakes, gearbox, suspesion etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:44 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
De Bench wrote:
Are you guys still going to form this club ?

I have a Clio 172Sport, MK2 that is being prepped for competition use.

just did quite a bit of work on the car, timing belt, oil cooler, intake ecu, brakes, gearbox, suspesion etc.


u serious!! for competition!!


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:48 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
dead serious.
All we have running in TnT ius a set of JDM cars, nobody have a drop of originality.
I've run Toyota, Mazdaz(yuck) & Subaru.
I have a Subaru S14 car being completed now, which will be my 4wd car, but I want the Clio as my 2wd car for Dex and other small events.

I already scrapped the 172 and the cage installation will start this week.
i would post pictures but it's not my style.

Pm me for build location, you may be motivated to build one to !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
De Bench wrote:
dead serious.
All we have running in TnT ius a set of JDM cars, nobody have a drop of originality.
I've run Toyota, Mazdaz(yuck) & Subaru.
I have a Subaru S14 car being completed now, which will be my 4wd car, but I want the Clio as my 2wd car for Dex and other small events.

I already scrapped the 172 and the cage installation will start this week.
i would post pictures but it's not my style.

Pm me for build location, you may be motivated to build one to !!!


:shock: :shock: :shock:
This would be nice to see. A 172 competing for the first time in T'dad...


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:48 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
De Bench wrote:
cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time


plans change on the LSD, bought a complete Sadev gearbox today, so now i waiting on my gearbox :D

And yes, it will actually be the first Trini based Euro car competing in TnT.

I am hoping to do good with this car, we're aiming at 1600lbs finished weight and 190hp/160ft/lbs tq with a swing of 9500 rpm


Top
 Profile  
 
plex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 am 
Offline
2NR phototakerouter

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 3952
De Bench wrote:
De Bench wrote:
cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time


plans change on the LSD, bought a complete Sadev gearbox today, so now i waiting on my gearbox :D

And yes, it will actually be the first Trini based Euro car competing in TnT.

I am hoping to do good with this car, we're aiming at 1600lbs finished weight and 190hp/160ft/lbs tq with a swing of 9500 rpm


Now i like that..When will you be competing?


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:29 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
the car should be ready for the rally later this month.
BUT
I am traveling and will not return home until the morning of the event.
So that event is out.

So, we will debut officially the "Silver Screamer" in the October event.


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
De Bench wrote:
the car should be ready for the rally later this month.
BUT
I am traveling and will not return home until the morning of the event.
So that event is out.

So, we will debut officially the "Silver Screamer" in the October event.


keep us updated if it is alright with you. I'll convene with the Renault gurus about such accomplishment..


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:47 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
just a quick update guys!!

As from the picture, you will see the engine fitted with some of the necessary sensors as well as the oil cooler adaptor plate.

the rest is self explanatory

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Vdubber
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 pm
Posts: 1
Can someone tell me how reliable these cars are, Availabilty of parts and if the parts are expensive? Thinking of buying one. I presently own a VW bora. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for parts if I get another car. Is it worth it, or should I just go
Jap if I want inexpensive parts. TY in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
Vdubber wrote:
Can someone tell me how reliable these cars are, Availabilty of parts and if the parts are expensive? Thinking of buying one. I presently own a VW bora. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for parts if I get another car. Is it worth it, or should I just go
Jap if I want inexpensive parts. TY in advance.


:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I think you should go Jap, and save space on this thread..


Top
 Profile  
 
RenaultOC
 Post subject: Renault Owners
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
There is already a club for these, one in America and the main one in the UK if you type renault owners club into google you should find them.

The UK one posts all over the world and has an on line resource too. I know they can reporduce (legally) manuals and brochures too.

Maybe worth an email to them?


Top
 Profile  
 
RenaultOC
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
Reliable? Mines 109 years old (that's pre-Ford) and still going strong.My Clios on 113000 miles and quite hapy too. No strike that, needed a set of brake pads at 60,000 miles and a rear wheel bearing. Oh and I do have to change the oil every 18000 miles. Joking apart, I've driven / been driven in these for 34 years and so far suffered (as in tow truck home) only 3 failures, snapped clutch cable (Espace), Fuel Pump Fuego) and Radiator (21). Mow my Land Rover got a lot more abuse and needed a clutch twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject: Re: Renault Owners
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
RenaultOC wrote:
There is already a club for these, one in America and the main one in the UK if you type renault owners club into google you should find them.

The UK one posts all over the world and has an on line resource too. I know they can reporduce (legally) manuals and brochures too.

Maybe worth an email to them?


The Uk club is Cliosport(www.cliosport.net)
I'm already a member, thanks for the direct


Top
 Profile  
 
RenaultOC
 Post subject: Clubs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:23 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 3
Location: UK
Yes but the Owners Club has covered them since they started in 1980 and may appeal to some people (I'm a 2 clio family and the last show was 75% Clios. next year is their 20th Birthday. We don't "specialise" on any particular vehicle but do have the advantage that we can legally copy Renault's material, workshop manuals etc and are supported by them.
We have a specific Renualt Clio Registrar too.
And we've been around for over 50 years so hopefully will be around when the clio numbers are about the same level as the Dauphines.
A lot of our members join a specialist club and the Owners Club indeed some of the specialist clubs join us completely and run our sections for us.
I'm not suggesting any one is better than another here but different things appeal to different people and different things come from different places.


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:08 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
Latest update, reassembly has started, and detail works being done.

Swami has eliminated the French electrical system and installed what we will need to run this car.
ECU wiring on hold as we are still awaiting the gearbox and ITB's

Rear DMS 2 way 50mm suspension installed with Eibach springs
Whole braking system redone

once we are inside with those parts we will update the pics


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:51 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
Pointman-IA wrote:
nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?


No, our company is the DMS dealer for this region, so support for the shocks is available.


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:04 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
De Bench wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?


No, our company is the DMS dealer for this region, so support for the shocks is available.


can u pm me a price of a kit. Especially the springs. Car for road use.


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
^^^^^^^^^

PM sent


Top
 Profile  
 
Pointman-IA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: South West Trinidad
thanks....


Top
 Profile  
 
De Bench
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:39 pm
Posts: 1561
Location: Same place with you.....
Update with PICS coming soon renault lovers.

DMS installed
Top mount inside, ITB's on
Dog box inside
Radiator made and fitted.
eletrical being finished
power steering rerouting completed.
Flaring completed
Braided break lines installed
Hydraulic hand break installed.

Looking good so far


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Alexa [Bot], Allergic2BunnyEars, Bing [Bot], bluesclues, Eagle, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], javishm, kamakazi, Majestic-12 [Bot], Metal Head, moveover, novastar1, PoOkiI, PsychoticCrazy4Car, skulls, streetbeastINC., thirsty, triniconceptz, whudafxup11, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR