TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Oil in the Radiator...BMW

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rich.com
Street 2NR

Oil in the Radiator...BMW

Postby rich.com » May 6th, 2010, 9:16 am

Been noticing oil in my radiator for a while now, did oil change, replace coolant bout a week now but I open the radiator tank yesterday and it still there.Car seems to be working fine..The car has a oil leak from the time i bought ...over a year now.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 6th, 2010, 2:36 pm

headgasket blown

danOntheRun
Ricer

Re: Oil in the Radiator...BMW

Postby danOntheRun » August 3rd, 2010, 12:31 pm

checkthe oil cooling unit ..had this problem and unexperienced ppl told me head gasket blow ..but there are 2 oil cooling units that has water passin through it one for the engine and the other for the transmission. these are made of aluminium ..over time they become porous and oil gets into the water cooling system. does ur car work like normal ..temp normal ..everything seems fine as far as guages tell u? them this is what u should look into .... jus my experience tho ..urs cud be different

rich.com
Street 2NR

Postby rich.com » August 3rd, 2010, 12:45 pm

danOntheRun thanks, everything was working real good for couple months well, recently the car over heated so I replaced the head gasket, there was no impression on old head gasket of being blown..Car jus overheated....
Now my next problem is the car stiffling alot before pulling off, starting real good but from the time you mash the Gas it don't want to go...couple seconds after it will go..this is depressing..any recommendation..

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 3rd, 2010, 1:59 pm

rich.com wrote:danOntheRun thanks, everything was working real good for couple months well, recently the car over heated so I replaced the head gasket, there was no impression on old head gasket of being blown..Car jus overheated....
Now my next problem is the car stiffling alot before pulling off, starting real good but from the time you mash the Gas it don't want to go...couple seconds after it will go..this is depressing..any recommendation..

All the time, or only when cold?
Does it happen only in a certain RPM range?
Can you put the engine in a higher gear, (to put it under load), and the same happens when warm?

rich.com
Street 2NR

Postby rich.com » August 3rd, 2010, 4:28 pm

wagonrunner;;;;All the Time, it stalling real bad..rpm will go up but it won't move until a couple seconds..
Wats your number, I could explain it..

Sigmatech
Riding on 13's

Postby Sigmatech » November 1st, 2010, 3:52 pm

definitely oil cooler unit....just had the same trouble with my VW.....check and maybe replace the faulty unit.....hopefully tranny not damaged

rich.com
Street 2NR

Postby rich.com » November 1st, 2010, 4:08 pm

Sigmatech wrote:definitely oil cooler unit....just had the same trouble with my VW.....check and maybe replace the faulty unit.....hopefully tranny not damaged

You sure right Sigmatech, it was the oil cooler, had it changed out on Saturday, flush radiator, car is working good now..I had the head gasget replaced twice and both Mechanics were a big failure and rip off..Hackim (Laromain)The last one said it will take an entire day to change the oil cooler talking bout radiator and bumper have to come out, my cuzin did in 30 mins,snap on fittings.... flushing took awhile. Tranny working fine, didn't show no discolouration in the oil from the cooler..
Thanks though..this is information that should be shared on tuner, even simple things like bleeding the Radiator....

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » October 23rd, 2012, 1:01 am

yeah, plenty shithound mechanics out here. have to be real careful.

gohtraw
Street 2NR

Postby gohtraw » November 22nd, 2012, 3:10 pm

in the future bimmerforums (dot) com and go to the section for your model and within a few hours those members point you to previous threads with known issues and fixes and sometimes even detailed drawings... good work danontherun and sigmatech. . .

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 2:00 pm

kantoine wrote:yeah, plenty shithound mechanics out here. have to be real careful.

even in this forum :wink:

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”