TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Peugeot 307sw wagon problem. HELP!!!

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nicjmohan
Riding on 13's

Peugeot 307sw wagon problem. HELP!!!

Postby nicjmohan » August 3rd, 2012, 12:31 pm

Hi folks,

Having a serious problem with a Peugeot 307sw wagon. This is the situation:

car was having transmission problems (gear was going in rough, loss of power (could not go up steep hills etc..). I fixed the transmission but when the guys put the transmission back into the car I was only able to drive in 3rd gear (limp home mode). I also got an "automatic gear fault" error. Did a diagnostic and the error I got was a permanent fault/sensor supply error.

The guys at the firm told me that it can possibly be a kink in the harness from the valve body to the transmission. However, i got an electrician to check it out and there's no problem with the wiring. The car is down and I don't know what to do. I never had this problem before. Can anyone assist?

plex
punchin NOS

Re: Peugeot 307sw wagon problem. HELP!!!

Postby plex » August 3rd, 2012, 1:51 pm

u change the solenoids ? reason i ask we got that same error and the solenoids were changed and from there no problems....knock on wood...

what sort of transmission work u did on the car?

these cars are very complicated...i hope your electrician diagnose the car properly...

nicjmohan
Riding on 13's

Postby nicjmohan » August 3rd, 2012, 2:15 pm

no they changed the kit (seals and clutches)....the transmission guy said the solenoids were good..the guys at the firm told me to check harness from the valve body to the transmission (sensor supply). So that's what I did. Thanks for the info though will look into it

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » August 3rd, 2012, 4:38 pm

let me know how it turns out..

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » August 3rd, 2012, 4:56 pm

Plex, does this PUG carry the DP0 Tranny?

nicjmohan
Riding on 13's

Postby nicjmohan » August 8th, 2012, 10:00 am

Well I have good news and some bad news.

Good news is that we got the transmission working. All the gears are changing and tiptronic is working. Problem was two magnets got stuck to a wire in the valve body that I believe is connected to the solenoids (go figure). That's what caused the car to go in limp home mode.

Bad news is however, that I still feeling the gears changing a bit harsh. It's not smooth as it's suppose to be. Is this something I should be concerned about or does it take some time to break in?

Further, since I got back the car I have noticed the temp. guage rising to 110 and going back down to 80/90. This never happened before. Sometimes it would increase even further if the car is idling. I heard the radiator bubbling from the resevoir as well. I bled the water when I got back the car but that was not the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » August 9th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Plex, does this PUG carry the DP0 Tranny?

I not sure

nicjmohan,

check the temostart and radiator...these cars carry the plastic rad. types and no telling who long they last..

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”