TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Euro Mods

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cqk4
3NE 2NR for life

Euro Mods

Postby cqk4 » July 22nd, 2012, 8:22 pm

Hey Guys,

What kind of mods do you do to your Euro ?

1. Retrofit radio + volume controls etc
2. Ecu chipping and tuning
3. change bumpers, lights etc.
4. Other performance stuff

Lets get some examples.. maybe pics ?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Euro Mods

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 23rd, 2012, 11:03 am

I replaced my stock steering wheel for one with red stitching and paddle shifters. Pics in other thread on tuner. Vehicle under warranty so most future mods will be cosmetic (already did rear lip spoiler/new grille with chrome trim).

Also I can't chip tune my vehicle as my ECU would have to be removed and shipped to be flashed unfortunately.

Other mods I've done are software ones to change the behavior of certain aspects of personal comfort.

If you're adventurous one can install an O.E.M. rear view camera

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » July 24th, 2012, 9:47 am

Have some maintenance issues to sort out on the e39 at the moment. Have other plans when preventative maintenance reaches my standard of break even.

After that, with regards to audio, will change the HU to an upgraded one compatible with steering controls and the rest of vehicle. Full SQ system replacing those stock nokias :? in the doors.

Had some iridium plugs installed. Won't do anything more to the motor, since I'm a 80km/h (most times) cruise control guy (yes on the left lane).

Have plans to fit the M5 lights, (6000k HID, hope it's legal).

Stock wheels definitely need changing. Would decide between the E60 M5 wheels or Bayern 19" wheels. A 1" or 2" drop may be needed to avoid the hilux look.

Either all of the above or I upgrade to an E60 M Sport and humble myself. :)

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 24th, 2012, 10:06 am

What do HU and SQ mean?

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » July 24th, 2012, 11:01 am

Head Unit and Sound Quality

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 24th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Cool. I always liked the E39 but I prefer the E60's look. Never drive any though.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 26th, 2012, 10:47 am

on the MINI, I like the look of my OEM radio so I won't change it, even though the volume knob is doesn't always work due to lack of use........I did replace the old busted factory speakers with some MB Quarts.........other than that, interior is stock
Under the bonnet, K&N drop in, camber plates, and I have some strut tower reinforcement rings to install.........zero body mods....no point making a slow car look fast :(
If I don't sell the car, I'm seriously considering redoing the headliner in grey tartan, with matching tartan racing stripes

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 26th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Bunny : you don't need to remove your ECU for a tune. But that engine you won't get as much out of a tune as most of the other euro turbos.

My mods thus far :K&N drop in, Intercooler and some little audio upgrades. Might be tuning at the end of this year.
But not a very aggressive tune.

Oh, and had my mom's S60 tuned. 177-225hp. pump gas.

NickJr.
punchin NOS
Location: The Finish Line. So Elusive For Something That Never Moves

Postby NickJr. » July 31st, 2012, 3:32 pm

Changed the stock wing for the MGZR wing, MGZR side mirrors, installed fog lights in stock location, Uprated clutch kit (Black Diamond). Just installed a new Sony head unit loving it so far. Have some tuning to do with that.

Future mods and maintenance: 12 or 10 inch Sony sub with mono amp. upgrade the other speakers.
H&R lowering springs, have the CV kit to install, Black Diamond Slotted and Drilled front and rear rotors EBC green stuff pads, 17" EV5 rims and tyres. Maybe do the bushing upgrade. Def need it for the shifter though.

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » August 3rd, 2012, 7:58 am

Apr full turbo upgrade kit...Faulk dem Minor bolt ons........I need to run down them m3 boys and them....

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 3rd, 2012, 6:11 pm

yuh tink so ent. What vehicle you upgraded?

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » August 3rd, 2012, 9:37 pm

Another m3 lol

RMSTTL
Street 2NR

Postby RMSTTL » August 4th, 2012, 1:08 am

E39:
cold air intake
19" wheels with 235/35 F and 275/30 R. rolled fenders
4 x 5 1/2 Polk separates, 2 x 8 Polk subs, HU and Amp
headlights / fogs
m5 replica front and rear bumpers w/ difuser in rear
magna flow exhaust
big brake kit 8P in front and 4P in rear w/ drilled and slotted rotors
blacked out front grill

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » August 4th, 2012, 6:10 am

^^^ pics, please! :mrgreen:

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » August 4th, 2012, 8:41 am

Not yet.....it's a surprise.....:) but I'm taking pics as we go along...2012 m3 in dey a$$"...heh RM post a pic lets see It..that sounding sweet"...

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 4th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Dada wrote:Another m3 lol

Actually no. But I've seen quite a lot of people say this before and then either back down or fail.
Not saying you can't do it, just saying I'd like to see it when you do.
Normally the vehicles those APR kits go on do quite well off the line and run out of puff a bit early to chase the bigger engine cars.

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » August 4th, 2012, 6:22 pm

nemesis wrote:
Dada wrote:Another m3 lol

Actually no. But I've seen quite a lot of people say this before and then either back down or fail.
Not saying you can't do it, just saying I'd like to see it when you do.
Normally the vehicles those APR kits go on do quite well off the line and run out of puff a bit early to chase the bigger engine cars.

Jeddy.....doh say them thing hoss......you making me think twice about them guys now".......The car done by active motor werks in Miami changing out stuff......they more into tuning them BMW ...but check them out.....on their site.... :shock:

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 5th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Make you think twice about which guys? The m3 guys?
That company is well known for tuning. Doubt you'll have any issues. I'm just saying you're trying to bridge AND surpass a gap of more than 2seconds to 60, and worse yet, 3.5+ seconds on the 80-140kmph sprint. Gonna take more than a 150hp gain to do that. :)

btw, you're not from trini I'm guessing since your car is there. Cause if you had that kinda money to spend I assume you wouldn't go that direction from here. Which brings me to another point. Hope the M3 you come up against ain't boosted, cause they got a lot of them in the US.

Dada
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby Dada » August 5th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Trini all the way....living in miami......i love the euro's, my m3 i wanted a little extra....what route do you recommend.....Almost everything in my stable is boosted......

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 5th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Oh, nice then. Hard for you drive both at the same time though. Personally if I was boosting an M3 I'd probably go with ESStuning, or since you're in the US you could just change to the new model in 2013 and chip tune for 500+hp. Probably the way I'd go if I was in the US. No point in boosting the older M3 at this stage. If it's the V8 you have though, you might want to wait until the new one is released before you sell it(if you're going to). Unlike the norm which says that the price will drop when the new one looks diff, chances are it'll actually go up slightly or at least hold very well since that m3 is the last non-turbo BMW that will probably ever be made. Check it out, happened to the last M5 also. They went up in used prices after the announcement of the F60 M5.
Let me know how much power you make with the APR kit car (I guess GTi or something?). I only hoping for a slight 380hp here so you could catch me easily..if we were in the same country.

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » August 6th, 2012, 9:39 pm

APR in my opinion is a complete waste of money in terms of their BT kits, under-powered and way overpriced. For their everyday stage 1 and stage 2 ecu upgrade is fine, but anything dealing with BT stick with Unitronic or Eurodyne tunes and either Pag-Parts, CTS or FFE Racing hardware components.

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » August 20th, 2012, 9:25 pm

In terms of physical appearance, over this weekend, I came across two eye catching A4 B8's. Black PCN @ Trincity and today, a white PCT @ MT, POS. The white PCT looked great, seemed alot of effort was put into styling this car (after market debadged black mesh grill, carbon fiber logo and spoiler @ the back, lowered with 20" wheels etc etc). Counted 5 people staring, myself included.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”