TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Any Euro friendly audio installers?

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

neexis
Riding on 18's

Any Euro friendly audio installers?

Postby neexis » October 22nd, 2012, 4:32 pm

Any audio installers familiar with factory setups and able to add speakers/sub/amp to integrated factory headunits with minimal changes to the cars? Esp wrt new VW jettas/passats?

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Any Euro friendly audio installers?

Postby ztune » October 23rd, 2012, 10:01 am

I would trust "SR" the moderator and "Aimar" on the forum.

cqk4
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cqk4 » October 26th, 2012, 7:49 am

I was interested in this in as well but thinking to go the el cheapo way and do it myself.

I got a deck and all the necessary fascia, fuse, wires, adaptor to change the deck in my VW, the fun starts this weekend!

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » October 26th, 2012, 10:40 am

^^post some step by step pics.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 26th, 2012, 8:12 pm

cqk4 what vw you got? u going with an oem system or aftermarket?

I was trying to weigh the cost of redoing the system in a new vw vs ordering a factory installed one.
I really feeling kinda iffy bout messing around with the car as soon as i get it, so I'm ordering mine with the Dynaudio system...
It's got no sub, so I may still have to add one afterwards. The stock vw system actually sounded decent, so I'm hoping the Dynaudio will be that much better

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 26th, 2012, 8:55 pm

pm sr...

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 27th, 2012, 6:46 am

yea... already did

cqk4
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cqk4 » December 9th, 2012, 5:41 pm

neexis wrote:cqk4 what vw you got? u going with an oem system or aftermarket?

I was trying to weigh the cost of redoing the system in a new vw vs ordering a factory installed one.
I really feeling kinda iffy bout messing around with the car as soon as i get it, so I'm ordering mine with the Dynaudio system...
It's got no sub, so I may still have to add one afterwards. The stock vw system actually sounded decent, so I'm hoping the Dynaudio will be that much better

Hi, very late with this but I began the work will post pics etc later. I basically removed the oem deck on my MK5 which was a RCD 310 and replaced it with a pioneer 2400BT. My car does not have the equipment that the new MK6's has eg bluetooth, touch screen, camera etc so I went aftermarket pioneer which offers alot of those things on a budget!

So far so good, I got ALL the necessary stuff for the install so it worked out almost perfect. There is a tiny bit of space on the dash but I am blaming that on the aftermarket dash kit but its nothing to lose sleep over.

Next step is to install sub and amp.. Based on time frame maybe next month.. lol

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 9th, 2012, 5:50 pm

cqk4 do you do these installs yourself?

I wanna do a reverse camera installation but lil fraid to rip up mouldings.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » December 9th, 2012, 9:42 pm

does the 510 have options for a reverse camera?

also.... does the jetta have a place to install a camera? i know the passat has one that unfolds from the rear vw badge.
i hear ya tho allergic.... i wouldn't wanna cut or drill anything in a car so new

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 9th, 2012, 10:36 pm

RCD 510 in EU cars supposed to have input to the back for OEM reverse cam...The Jetta doh have the fancy badge flipping like in the Passat and the golf. The reverse cam is integrated into a trunk handle that would replace the current trunk handle.

Not much cutting involved or drilling. I have alot of prying to lift moulding up and run wires but yeah I never did those things before so lil wary.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » December 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm

still sounds a lil bummy. the reverse camera is more of a luxury than necessity imo. i think the parking sensors.... especially with the OPS will suffice for me.
that said... i wouldn't mind proximity sensors right around for when i need to squeeze through tight spaces at work etc

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 10th, 2012, 12:25 am

Well I was bummy about the other mods I've done. Hardest so far was the replacing of the lower grille for the lower grille with chrome. Maybe this one will go well too. Dunno.

cqk4
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cqk4 » December 12th, 2012, 9:57 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:cqk4 do you do these installs yourself?

I wanna do a reverse camera installation but lil fraid to rip up mouldings.

Yes but I have a friend close by that helps out immensely since hes got alot of tools and know how. So we figure out stuff with the help of the internet and just common sense good practices. (If things look wrong or feel wrong find a better way to do it)

I also plan to do a reverse camera install on my MK5 by replacing one of the license plate light with a camera light, my only reservation is if the leds on the replacement camera plate light dies then I wont be able to replace it easily since I believe the leds on it are not replaceable.

The MK6 seems to have a oem version that once you have all the pre reqs (camera on handle, cable, controllers etc) you should be able to do it just fine, with work :)

I don't think mods are easy but the end results are most satisfying.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”