TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Retrofitting xenon headlights

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Retrofitting xenon headlights

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 2nd, 2013, 9:22 pm

Has anyone retrofitted bi-xenon headlights to a car with factory halogen headlights? Looking for info/tips on how difficult it is to install headlights, auto leveling sensors etc.

cqk4
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Retrofitting xenon headlights

Postby cqk4 » April 3rd, 2013, 7:48 am

I looked at various forums to do this and it its not a problem if you have the right CECM. From what I have seen for ease persons usually get the oem bi xenons and using vagcom code it to work properly.

On the other hand, theres the whole cutting lights and wiring in a projector which is more cost effective and more difficult. I would rather get some guys eg trini.retrofits to do that since they are more experienced and have the parts etc. However a few questions came up but I have not gotten a reply from them eg auto leveling, high/low beam shutter.

I am almost certain they get the parts from www.theretrofitsource.com/

They are also on the forums and facebook http://www.facebook.com/triniretrofits?fref=ts

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » April 4th, 2013, 4:57 am

Maybe irrelevant to your case Allergic,but I retrofitted single beam HID to my Octavia but I had to get 55w so it doesn't throw any fault led on the dash....the only thing is,when I use high beams the low beam HID flickers and cuts off,then throws a fault led...I need to code it or purchase a pair of XENON HID anti flicker error canceller units for $6.49 sterling pounds.

You will need to get the correct coding to set it up for your car though.

VW_Exec
Riding on 16's

Postby VW_Exec » April 4th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Bunny, I passed through BA yesterday for service and Mark (Sales rep) mentioned they had just completed a conversion using GLi headlamps to a Jetta using OEM parts. This has the Xenon HIDs and DRLs as far as I understand (didn't see it).

Perhaps you can enquire from them on costing etc. They appeared willing to perform the 'factory' install/mod.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 4th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up. They're not OEM though. The styling is similar to what is on the GLI/Jetta Hybrid. It's still using halogen bulbs but has the string of LEDs like in the OEM xenons. They're charging $7500 for this. Doesn't include xenon control module for adaptive lighting nor does it include the auto levelling sensors attached the vehicle's front and rear axles.

Check this thread for more info:

http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/sho ... -REVIEW***

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”