TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: APR Tuning Locally? - Volkswagen 2.0TSI

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

technorat
Riding on 13's

WTK: APR Tuning Locally? - Volkswagen 2.0TSI

Postby technorat » April 14th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Hello does anyone in TnT do Stage 1 upgrades? I dont like to idea of removing my ECU and shipping away and waiting for return delivery.

Willing to pay a little more to reflash locally!

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Re: WTK: APR Tuning Locally? - Volkswagen 2.0TSI

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » April 14th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Check Gerrard from TEKNET. He can organize you with an APR flash. 625-8638

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » April 14th, 2014, 3:31 pm

this man does do local tuning too. Eco Tune. you must see him on the euro forum.

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » April 14th, 2014, 6:56 pm

technorat, check PM

technorat
Riding on 13's

Postby technorat » April 15th, 2014, 7:07 am

Hey guys thanks alot for info, i would call EcoTune and Teknet! Any tuners did either upgrade? What was the difference in power/ torque?

scoob
Street 2NR

Postby scoob » May 7th, 2014, 7:05 am

I recently did a remap with EcoTune after considering both APR and EcoTune. APR quoted higher power and torque but these were the issues:
* APR has new rules for non-US customers
* Quoted values are for 98-octane

EcoTune was highly recommended by other VW owners and now by myself as well: very knowlegeable, fast, efficient, professional! The remap is superb! The hardest part of job was removal of the ECU - from the way the cage is locked down with shear-bolts, VW does not want anyone interferring with it!

My rpms are flying up a lot faster than before (and it was already fast stock). Peeling tires on higher gears even on "normal" mode and with traction control on. I owned a WRX before and the acceleration is much faster than that.

The "downside" in my opinion would be voiding of the manufacturer warranty (I assume), and the higher gas consumption at anything other than grandpa driving! But then again you cant want more power and low fuel cost at the same time. I guess time would tell about the reliability but EcoTune has been doing this for many years. Overall I would highly recommend EcoTune for the remap..

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 7th, 2014, 7:15 pm

scoob wrote:I recently did a remap with EcoTune after considering both APR and EcoTune. APR quoted higher power and torque but these were the issues:
* APR has new rules for non-US customers
* Quoted values are for 98-octane

EcoTune was highly recommended by other VW owners and now by myself as well: very knowlegeable, fast, efficient, professional! The remap is superb! The hardest part of job was removal of the ECU - from the way the cage is locked down with shear-bolts, VW does not want anyone interferring with it!

My rpms are flying up a lot faster than before (and it was already fast stock). Peeling tires on higher gears even on "normal" mode and with traction control on. I owned a WRX before and the acceleration is much faster than that.

The "downside" in my opinion would be voiding of the manufacturer warranty (I assume), and the higher gas consumption at anything other than grandpa driving! But then again you cant want more power and low fuel cost at the same time. I guess time would tell about the reliability but EcoTune has been doing this for many years. Overall I would highly recommend EcoTune for the remap..

Glad you like it bro...those CCZA engines can take anything you throw at them, my personal favourite over CCZB versions (less torque)

Thanks very much for such a detailed and honest review of our work scoob....very much appreciated... :D

btw...your tune was special :wink:

See you for your DSG tune scoob...

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 7th, 2014, 7:49 pm

How different is the fuel consumption scoob?

scoob
Street 2NR

Postby scoob » May 9th, 2014, 6:59 am

For "mixed" driving ie. overtaking quickly and cruising.. maybe 10-20% increase. For flat out, fuel consumption is more.. how much more depends on driving style, and what type of tune (power + fuel economy or maximum power). I'll check you soon EcoTune for the DSG remap! still smiling :)

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 9th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Lol....no probs scoob..keep ya posted... Should get the dsg cable for your car next week sometime...seems there was a shortage for dsg cables

HYPERFORMANCE
Street 2NR

Postby HYPERFORMANCE » May 28th, 2014, 9:07 am

Scoob,was your wrx tuned? Was it an auto or manual?

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”