TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

W.T.K. Need some advice on Volkswagen.

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

L_man
Riding on 13's

W.T.K. Need some advice on Volkswagen.

Postby L_man » January 10th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Hey tuners would like some advice please. I am thinking of purchasing a Volkswagen tiguan.
Would like to here the pros and cons for this vehicle. Also which version is better the TDI or the TSI.

Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance..

L_man
Riding on 13's

Re: W.T.K. Need some advice on Volkswagen.

Postby L_man » January 12th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Bumppp

L_man
Riding on 13's

Postby L_man » January 14th, 2015, 4:08 pm

any one? lol

L_man
Riding on 13's

Postby L_man » January 15th, 2015, 9:39 pm

bumppp

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 16th, 2015, 8:18 am

Find out the service costs involved for each (TSI,TDI). What's the price difference between the TSI and TDI?

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » January 16th, 2015, 10:14 am

Get the Tiguan 2.0TSI....the Tiguan TDI requires more frequent a service interval like any other diesel vehicle....I can tune either to increase HP and economy either way...depends on what you looking for either performance or economy/performance

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » January 16th, 2015, 11:54 am

2.0 TSI

Like Eco said. Perceived savings may be greater at the pump, but the TDI's seem to reqiure more maintenance than the petrol. BA will even recommend using additives regularly for the TDI's given the quality of diesel down here.

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » January 27th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Definitely go for the 2.0TSI. The VAG turbo-diesels have had some major reliability problems. I know of issues with 2.0TDI Tiguans & Q7 3.0TDI all due to our poor gas quality.

Let me start by saying, I love my VW Tiguan. If you want to service your car with Best Auto from the day your purchase it until you sell it. You need to consider some things.
- Long waits for appointments
- Vehicle serving taking longer than 2 days
- If you have an unexpected emergency, and bring the car in without an appointment. Your car can be down for 2 weeks to a month. (not including wait time if part is backordered).
- They never have courtesy/loaner cars
- They quite often don't even have cars you can rent. (special deal when taking cars in for service.)
- Poor communication from service department. (I usually have to call them for updates.)
- Service advisors lack knowledge about any and everything, accept if they have appointments available.
- They try to get away without washing your car.
- They will often send your car back without completing repairs to everything you asked. With their favourite response "Didn't experience problem". When you drive off, the problem is experienced immediately.

I have had my car about 5.5 years and all I can tell you is the service is getting worse by the day.

Sales department great though, especially Kenny :D

That all being said, VW makes great vehicles and are generally reliable and if you find a good mechanic once outside of warranty period all my main issues are not a concern anymore.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » January 31st, 2015, 1:30 pm

4motion who do you service by now?

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » February 1st, 2015, 5:14 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:4motion who do you service by now?

Haven't quite decided that one, my last service was in December with BA. When that time comes I will decide. Any recommendations out there?

syncrod
Sweet on this forum

Postby syncrod » February 2nd, 2015, 6:19 am

4Motion wrote:- They will often send your car back without completing repairs to everything you asked. With their favourite response "Didn't experience problem". When you drive off, the problem is experienced immediately.

this is an absolute fact

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » February 2nd, 2015, 7:18 am

syncrod wrote:
4Motion wrote:- They will often send your car back without completing repairs to everything you asked. With their favourite response "Didn't experience problem". When you drive off, the problem is experienced immediately.

this is an absolute fact

Indeed.

I have this "problem not experienced" code on every single service sheet.. makes me look like I imagine these problems

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”