Forums

SR20 IN ELANTRA... SOME PROBLEMS

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Grind
3NE 2NR for life

SR20 IN ELANTRA... SOME PROBLEMS

Postby Grind » January 24th, 2009, 11:40 am

I recently put an automatic SR20 engine in a 1999-2000 model elantra and have a few problems that I need assistance with.
* The gear shifter is not properly lined up
* The Tachometer vibrates while movint through the range put is generally in the about the right position
* The speedometer does not work
* The overdrive switch used to work but no longer does; it still goes into overdrive as it should though
* Once the car goes into overdrive it feels as if it wants to buck and cut off. It never does though and once I step on the accelerator a bit it smoothes out

Can anyone direct me to a GOOD, REPUTABLE mechanic who can help me out with these issues?

792-2355

Zh@ne
Riding on 17's
Location: Some say he can be nowhere and everywhere at the same time

Postby Zh@ne » January 25th, 2009, 11:52 am

Sorry to hear to things due but generally why you cross breed like that you end up with those sort of problems.

Grind
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Grind » January 25th, 2009, 12:20 pm

I know that there are some things you can't get away from but this is such a common swap that I'm sure there are ppl out there who have the experience and can help out a bit. Ent?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » January 31st, 2009, 9:09 am

it annoys me everytime i hear of an elantra with a dated nissan sr20de swap. not only is it a trouble-some combination it destroys the resale value even more. Proper care and maintainance of the car's original engine/tranny would have avoided this as buying an sr20 with transmission then getting it installed costs money and there's no guarantee that its a good engine installed and as the norm these days it have ah set of mechanics lately who could do this and do that thus fueling alot of cross-breeding mayhem with more problems which costs money.

but good luck otherwise.

Grind
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Grind » January 31st, 2009, 11:03 am

:shock:
:? Thanks for ur help... :?

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » February 23rd, 2009, 1:14 pm

Shoot. soory to hear that problem.

come to the nissan forum...i'm sure someone would be able to help u

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 23rd, 2009, 2:05 pm

Grind, don't study the paper tuners hoss...

all of them believe the myth that; ' a conversion go never be as bess as original bhai' cuz they read that on some online forum or personally thinks the idea is too much of a headache for them :|

Sad to see people with common sense forgetting that it's simply mechanical parts bolting onto another onto another etc.....once done RIGHT, no problems...

Look I have a pardna runnin a highly powered sr20det in an Accent and that thing does drive/ shift like yuh never interfered with it.....even my car, operates totally original for a conversion....

Is just that we did our research and have a boss of a mechanic....mostly attributed to the latter tho :lol:

pm meh if yuh want some real results...mech located in Freeport. :fadein:

Grind
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Grind » March 2nd, 2009, 12:43 pm

A172 wrote:Grind, don't study the paper tuners hoss...

all of them believe the myth that; ' a conversion go never be as bess as original bhai' cuz they read that on some online forum or personally thinks the idea is too much of a headache for them :|

Sad to see people with common sense forgetting that it's simply mechanical parts bolting onto another onto another etc.....once done RIGHT, no problems...

Look I have a pardna runnin a highly powered sr20det in an Accent and that thing does drive/ shift like yuh never interfered with it.....even my car, operates totally original for a conversion....

Is just that we did our research and have a boss of a mechanic....mostly attributed to the latter tho :lol:

pm meh if yuh want some real results...mech located in Freeport. :fadein:

Thanks very much, will vibes you cause I'm in that area.

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”