Postby Captainzaak » November 6th, 2009, 10:36 am

x2floor wrote:http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/kia_spoilers.htm

i found this

Thanks bro!.

The Koup looks soooooo sexxi eh, wow! :shock:

versatile
Riding on 13's

Postby versatile » November 8th, 2009, 1:14 pm

I saw 3 of them with D plates speeding down the beetham yesterday doing about 160km , one was noticeably smoking. Looked nice though.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » November 9th, 2009, 1:54 pm

versatile wrote:I saw 3 of them with D plates speeding down the beetham yesterday doing about 160km , one was noticeably smoking. Looked nice though.

the koupes? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

versatile
Riding on 13's

Postby versatile » November 9th, 2009, 7:51 pm

do you mean, coupes? No these were 4 dr sedan.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » November 10th, 2009, 7:55 am

Think the cerato/forte koups spelt with a K.

They fast, most mine reach was between 190-195

(had to blow it out, wasn't racing) :mrgreen:

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » November 25th, 2009, 2:26 pm

Have to admit I'm quiet impress with this little mover. Kia has come a long way in it's own time. Looks smart and some nice features. I guess the lower end brands are beginning to change their direction and step up to the plate. Considering as my next buy. All specs on model seems to be promising. Our models specs and climate aren't to be compared with the more HP engines on the outside. Much too new to inform locally on performance strengths and weakness. But all good thus far.

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » December 2nd, 2009, 3:41 am

The all-new Kia Cerato

Kia will bring a range of new and revamped models to the market this year, well-endowed with features, stunning looks and impressive value for money - in essence, cars that deliver on their promise.

First to arrive is the handsome new Kia Cerato, a compact sporty sedan that will meet the needs of many car buyers. The new Cerato is the first Kia released to feature the new ‘Schreyer line’, a family corporate grille design from the pen of Kia’s global chief design officer, Peter Schreyer, who joined the company in 2006 from the Volkswagen Group.

No wonder the design direction has changed,
Schreyer is best known for his work of eight years at Audi, where he was responsible for establishing a classic Bauhaus-inspired styling, still a foundation of their vehicle lineup. His work on the Audi A6 and the TT is still regarded as some of the most influential automotive design in recent time.

With Schreyer's move to Kia, not only will he mastermind the brand's styling direction and the coordinate design language of the entire lineup for the future, but his presence alone brings an instant respect for Kia's automotive design for the competition to worry about. He will most likely be based at Kia's design studio near Russelsheim, and with his stay in Germany, Kia's european studio is sure to get a lot more production vehicle responsibilities. He will report to Mr. Chung eu-sun, the chairman of Kia.

A plus for the reps. at Southern Sales....... just don't hurt the after sales service :roll:

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » January 28th, 2010, 10:13 pm

any updates on the new car zaak?

Bengo
Riding on 13's

Postby Bengo » February 11th, 2010, 9:29 am

Any idea of how this car's resale value would hold up in 3-5 years time?

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » February 17th, 2010, 3:08 pm

acesinghit,

Now saw a reply here :oops:

Car is running great, coming up on 13,000km.
2nd service was done a month ago at a cost of $600, included all filters and fluids being changed, brakes adjusted, car washed etc. i wasn't charged labor last time, hence the low cost then, was charged this time :(.

No problems thus far, was having a chat with the one of the agents when i went to pay loan, he was telling me that they are currently stocking parts for it, they have bumpers, bonnets etc, currently have about 70 on the road, 10 adding each month.

I'm just waiting for them to get original paint so i can fix the ding on my bonnet soon :cry:

Any questions u'll have again let me no.

Bengo,

I have asked this question to the sales rep, he informed me that trade-in value will be great and resale on general market should be good as well, however he did not quote me a figure (we know they all say this so, when that time come i will have to see)

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » March 1st, 2010, 6:13 am

they bringing in the Koupe heard around 173-200k, which is good for the features and price

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » March 1st, 2010, 2:03 pm

if ur going 200k ur taking SUV range.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » March 2nd, 2010, 10:49 am

Slow Poke wrote:they bringing in the Koupe heard around 173-200k, which is good for the features and price

only real difference from the koupe n sedan is the design, engine and interior is the same.

Really looking forward to seeing it tho, wonder if i can get a trade in :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » March 8th, 2010, 6:00 pm

ok cerato Koupe is 176k but they coming in the 1.6 for now

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 6th, 2010, 11:45 am

hatchback is out!
I must say, it looks hott

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/galler ... five-door/

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » April 7th, 2010, 4:16 pm

four koups coming middle of this month one sold already, seriously thinking of booking one

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 8th, 2010, 11:08 am

Slow Poke wrote:four koups coming middle of this month one sold already, seriously thinking of booking one

Can't wait to see those beauties on the road :D

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 20th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Saw the koups on the port this evening, along with the new sportage or sorento i believe, only took a quick glance.

It sweeeeet *drooool*

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 20th, 2010, 8:01 pm

I saw the new Sorento on the port next to movietowne but did not see any sportages or kia forte koupes........well i guess a trip to the showroom is coming soon.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 20th, 2010, 9:09 pm

acesinghit wrote:I saw the new Sorento on the port next to movietowne but did not see any sportages or kia forte koupes........well i guess a trip to the showroom is coming soon.

Or it's the sorentos then?
Wasn't to sure which it was, only saw the front lights and recognized it.

The koups are at the side, there's a silver and a white at the moment.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 23rd, 2010, 8:40 am

Heard on the radio this morning, Kia (southern sales) gonna have the Koup and new sorento on display at Movietowne this weekend, going to check it out fuh sure!
Last edited by Captainzaak on April 23rd, 2010, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » April 23rd, 2010, 11:42 am

MT????

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 23rd, 2010, 12:58 pm

Sorry, MovieTowne.

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » April 24th, 2010, 12:11 pm

did anyone go MT as yet to see the Koup, im passing in this evening to check it out

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 25th, 2010, 12:23 am

I saw the new Sorento and Cerato Koup in Movietowne tonight. The refreshed Rio was also there. I was in a bit of a rush to see a movie so I captured two pics through my phone. My apologies for the poor quality.

I'm actually impressed with the new Koup and at $175k its a bit over-priced like all new cars sold in T&T. I think it should have been $155k instead but thats just IMHO.

The body and interior feels very solid and heavy for an Asian FWD compact car. The materials used and overall quality were very impressive and amongst the best I've seen locally thus far. In other words its right up there with the leading brands and even better in alot of cases.

The interior and exterior looks are very catchy and here is just a short list of the features I noted for that price:

1.6 DOHC 16V CVVT
4-speed sportsmatic
4-wheel discs with ABS/EBD/EBA
dual airbbags
17" rims
fog lights
front and rear mud guards, floor mats, adjustable head rests and seat belts
steering wheel mounted audio controls
in-dash AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system with Aux, USB and iPod inputs
auto lights
powered: steering, windows, mirrors(electric foldable as well), locks
Smart Key-less entry system with immobiliser
turn-signals mounted side rear-view mirrros
digital auto climate control
free tint

The 2.0 and 2.4 models are available on special order with a deposit to be made.

On a side note this kia even though its a South Korean made car co-owned/produced by Hyundai it was designed in California, USA by Peter Schreyer who also designed the VW New Beetle, Audi TT, Audi A3, Audi A4 and Audi A6. In popular US based car-magazines contributors and editors rank this new Cerato aka Forte as one of the best in its class.

Finally despite having a rear torsion beam suspension, it rivals the Mazda 3, Mitsubishi Lancer and Honda Civic to the extent that it could be considered superior. It's braking system is also class-leading.

Perhaps its a 1/3 age crisis I'm having but I'll close my eyes and buy this car for $155k.
Last edited by acesinghit on April 25th, 2010, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 25th, 2010, 11:55 am

acesinghit wrote:I saw the new Sportage and cerato Koup in Movietowne tonight. The refreshed Rio was also there. I was in a bit of a rush to see a movie so I captured two pics through my phone. My apologies for the poor quality.

I'm actually impressed with the new Koup and at $175k its a bit over-priced like all new cars sold in T&T. I think it should have been $155k instead but thats just IMHO.

The body and interior feels very solid and heavy for an Asian FWD compact car. The materials used and overall quality were very impressive and amongst the best I've seen locally thus far. In other words its right up there with the leading brands and even better in alot of cases.

The interior and exterior looks are very catchy and here is just a short list of the features I noted for that price:

1.6 DOHC 16V CVVT
4-speed sportsmatic
4-wheel discs with ABS/EBD/EBA
dual airbbags
17" rims
fog lights
front and rear mud guards, floor mats, adjustable head rests and seat belts
steering wheel mounted audio controls
in-dash AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system with Aux, USB and iPod inputs
auto lights
powered: steering, windows, mirrors(electric foldable as well), locks
Smart Key-less entry system with immobiliser
turn-signals mounted side rear-view mirrros
digital auto climate control
free tint

The 2.0 and 2.4 models are available on special order with a deposit to be made.

On a side note this kia even though its a South Korean made car co-owned/produced by Hyundai it was designed in California, USA by Peter Schreyer who also designed the VW New Beetle, Audi TT, Audi A3, Audi A4 and Audi A6. In popular US based car-magazines contributors and editors rank this new Cerato aka Forte as one of the best in its class.

Finally despite having a rear torsion beam suspension, it rivals the Mazda 3, Mitsubishi Lancer and Honda Civic to the extent that it could be considered superior. It's braking system is also class-leading.

Perhaps its a 1/3 age crisis I'm having but I'll close my eyes and buy this car for $155k.

I'm actually heading to SS monday to check the possibility of a trade LOL.

It's actually the sorento that was there, not the sportage, Koup comes in one sweet package, i love it!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 25th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Captainzaak, sry my bad its the Sorentos that which I spotted on the port in the first place, dunno why I saying Sportages which btw coming in September.

WRT the trade-in you would lose alot as first year depreciation is at its highest. Sacrificing your 2 doors to buy essentially the same car IMHO isn't worth it. If you still want to then I suppose if the car is on loan, they could take back your car and issue that credit towards the new one and the new balance would be added onto the existing loan balance. The loan could be extended to perhaps 5-6 years and it would bump up your monthly installment.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 26th, 2010, 8:15 am

acesinghit wrote:Captainzaak, sry my bad its the Sorentos that which I spotted on the port in the first place, dunno why I saying Sportages which btw coming in September.

WRT the trade-in you would lose alot as first year depreciation is at its highest. Sacrificing your 2 doors to buy essentially the same car IMHO isn't worth it. If you still want to then I suppose if the car is on loan, they could take back your car and issue that credit towards the new one and the new balance would be added onto the existing loan balance. The loan could be extended to perhaps 5-6 years and it would bump up your monthly installment.

Well, i'm going in to see what the $$ difference is and how it will affect the loan.

I'll update when i get the info.

Thanks for the advice tho bro.

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » April 26th, 2010, 9:44 am

So..hautt!! *faint**

8-)

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » April 26th, 2010, 4:10 pm

It's not about badge anymore I suppose, I myself thought that the pricing could have been a bit less as an introductory model, saw them Sunday on display as I was heading in for a show as well - the female models didn't do anything for the cars, as the cars could of stand alone. :P Have to admit, the Koup 2dr is slick....... I'd rather pay the 10k extra for the 2.0 than a 1.6. for 175k. Koup = Sport. With a nice drop and 17" wheels as standard the KIA looks like it will aggressively ruffle some feathers this year.
The Sorento also has a nice package around 353k, 2.2 diesel (can't remember if it was Turbo) on show with lots of goodies like full sky/moon roof and a lot of space with more straight lines in this new model giving a masculine touch. The suzuki G/V could be offended by a much powerful drivetrain.

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”