Forums

WTK: Matrix troubleshooting and accessory belts

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

WTK: Matrix troubleshooting and accessory belts

Postby Hook » October 10th, 2011, 10:04 am

Hi guys, I have some problems with a PCB Matrix and I have no prior experience with these vehicles.

First up is a noise coming from the PS pump. A whining noise like a blender can be heard when the rpm climbs say above 3000. I tried spraying some belt dressing on the v-belt and it appeared to have helped, but in fact when the noise popped up, it had always been intermittent and appeared randomly. Also, there is no straining noise from the pump (like other vehicles tend to make) when you hold the steering wheel all the way over to either side.
I'm going to change the belt and flush the PS fluid this week and see what's up, but can anyone provide me with the belt numbers for the accessory belts and advise me whether I need to use PS fluid or Dextron type ATF for the PS?

Secondly, the car bogs down at WOT. There appears to be a "sweet-spot" somewhere when you press the accelerator pedal where it accelerates nice n' healthy, but as you floor it, the engine hesitates and the rpm climbs VERY slowly and you could pretty much jog faster than the thing. Car is regularly maintained in terms of fluid and filter changes every 5000km, however, the owner told me he'd never put in any fuel system cleaners in the tank since he bought it a year ago.
Would an injector clean and TB servicing alleviate this? What else do I need to check here?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: WTK: Matrix troubleshooting and accessory belts

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 10th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Hyundai's need Hyundai PSFIII power steering fluid. You are not going to get that locally. I used STP Power Steering fluid when I flushed out the power steering in my Coupe and I have not had any problems so far.

Sorry I can't help with the other questions.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: WTK: Matrix troubleshooting and accessory belts

Postby Hook » October 10th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Yeah, I got the STP PS fluid. No help with the belt sizes tho?

I found out the PS belt is a 6235 v-belt and the alternator belt is a 4pk840, but no luck finding out about the a/c belt as yet.
I'm surprised no other 2nr Matrix owners have had to change accessory belts because it looks like I'm the first person to ever enquire about this on 3ne2nr :lol:

I noticed a bit of black smoke when driving behind said Matrix so I'mma clean injectors this week as well. Will try an in-tank additive first and if I don't see an improvement by wknd, I'll take down the rail and clean them the hard way.
D' wifey gonna be driving it soon (parents' car) nuh so I wanna make sure it in tip-top shape.

From what I read on other Hyundai forums, apparently the lack of power and poor fuel economy is all because the P:W ratio is terribly off. An engine putting out 76whp is NOT supposed to be put in a vehicle weighing 1358kg :shock:
But I'm seeing owners having good results with intake upgrades, iridium plugs and grounding kits, so we'll get to that soon enough.

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”